Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 349
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 291
Total: 291

Author Topic: Amused to Death  (Read 123492 times)

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Re: Amused to Death
« Reply #780 on: March 31, 2009, 12:02:57 PM »
I'm already picturing myself finishing the 12th grade (well, if I don't fail this year) with all my current classmates and like crying as a cartoon character as I see each person leave school and then there I stand. Alone.

Better enjoy while I can but then again, I shouldn't enjoy it much because when I do that, I could fail years which is basically what's happening now. x_X

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #781 on: April 01, 2009, 02:29:19 AM »
Cata: you must put forth the effort to finish school without failing a grade. This is NOT a joke. Failing a year of school leaves a scar inside you that never heals. You will carry the shame with you all your long life. You will feel like a second-class citizen, forever.

>:( DO NOT FAIL. >:(
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #782 on: April 01, 2009, 04:19:30 AM »
Huh?! Now I'm depressed... thank you Veehive...

I've failed 4 times and I don't feel like a 2nd-class citizen... Sad thing is that I only failed 1 time on High School (2nd year Japan)... and 3 times in 4th grade... ;D I was, in that time, a problematic child... ;D

And believe me I don't regret those 3 years or any other failed year... because now I'm a first-class citizen... and those years were good to make new friends... friends that I still keep in touch...

Btw... I was surfing the Interweb for animes and I found one that I don't know why... but it reminded me of... cata ;D

Maria+Holic

Kanako FTW!!!! ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:21:37 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #783 on: April 01, 2009, 05:50:04 AM »
The shame of failing is nothing compared to the frustration of being offered to skip grades, twice no less, and your parents refusing to let you do so because they want you to be in classes with your "peer group", despite having reached a college level in all subjects while still in middle school. I mean what the f~~k? I was helping my older brother with high school algebra in second grade, and they wouldn't let me skip that year? And seventh grade? Just as much of a joke. Frustration indeed.

Although it is kinda funny when they make you study your multiplication tables in school and then you go home and study trig. And sleeping through high school while acing every test was kinda funny, too. School was always such a joke.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #784 on: April 01, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
OMG! Falling that anime is awesome! Thanks for posting and I can see why it reminded you of me. I saw some of myself in Kanako, too. xD

I'm trying to pass this year. I even asked my "friend" to give me some math explanations. Let's see how this 3rd and final period goes.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #785 on: April 01, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »
LoL...

I'm sure you'll do fine...  :-
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #786 on: April 02, 2009, 01:36:41 AM »
Better enjoy while I can but then again, I shouldn't enjoy it much because when I do that, I could fail years which is basically what's happening now. x_X

All I can say is "welcome to life". Yeah, it sucks, I know. :S

But remember you might be making new friends when you go to the university, just like you did all throughout your life.

Cata: you must put forth the effort to finish school without failing a grade. This is NOT a joke. Failing a year of school leaves a scar inside you that never heals. You will carry the shame with you all your long life. You will feel like a second-class citizen, forever.

>:( DO NOT FAIL. >:(

I sure hope that was an April's Fool, because that was WAY overboard. o.o
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #787 on: April 02, 2009, 01:51:06 AM »
But remember you might be making new friends when you go to the university, just like you did all throughout your life.

Let me add something to that, more often than not, college friends usually play a bigger role in one's ongoing adult than high school friends do. For many, the only time they really care about their old high school friends after they've grown up and started to find their place in the world is when they go to their class reunions.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #788 on: April 02, 2009, 04:25:20 AM »
Of course that college friend stuff doesn't really apply to me yet since I'm switching colleges after 1 year of going to my current one (please don't ask me to explain why).

It's hard to make good friends with just 2 semesters, especially when you don't "hang out" much at college like you do at High School.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #789 on: April 02, 2009, 12:44:26 PM »
I don't think I'll go to university. I can't (and I mean it!) sit down and study. I'm serious. One week before a written test of History I sat, opened my book, grabbed 2 pens and brought along a notebook. At the 6th page, I was reading this text but in my head it felt as if I was dreaming because nothing felt real. I was reading and I couldn't remember what I had just read. And at the 5th attempt to read that stupid 6th page's text every single phrease seemed like this:

asuiayegeueuwyebvfiueyte vdiajhsyyge.aiujyevahegt ytagoqyetvsiye.

School isn't just my thing... =S

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #790 on: April 02, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »
Cata I'm exactly like that too, maybe worse (I won't even bother opening the book and trying to study xD).
And yet I'm in the university, second year.

I don't know what course you're planning on going to in the university, but I believe that if you make good friends there, you're bound to push each other into studying at least a little bit. You probably won't study as much as you could (you start joking when you study with friends), but at least you'll be studying a bit.
Don't dispair yet, just see how it goes. :P
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #791 on: April 02, 2009, 05:57:06 PM »
...written test of History I sat... at the 5th attempt to read that stupid 6th page's text every single phrease seemed like this:

asuiayegeueuwyebvfiueyte vdiajhsyyge.aiujyevahegt ytagoqyetvsiye.

That's because History SUKS

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #792 on: April 02, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

HISTORY IS THE BEST... if we compare it to Math... LoL

History Channel FTW!!! ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:27:49 PM by FallinG_StaR »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #793 on: April 02, 2009, 06:33:49 PM »
if we compared it to math, History is dead to me. Long live math :P :P :P

=P

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #794 on: April 02, 2009, 11:07:44 PM »
It's funny, I like history and hate math. But I'm bad at history and good at math. Go figure.

The only problem with studying history is that I have trouble remembering insignificant dates and long lists of the names of royalty. Other than that, history is pretty cool. There are a lot of good stories to be found. Math on the other hand, is boring. Probably because it's easy for me. All you have to do for math is remember formulas and plug in numbers.

Even funnier is that despite my skill with and passion for writing, English was always my LEAST favorite class. I could never stand reading all those boring stories they made us read that weren't interesting at all, and I have trouble writing when the subject doesn't interest me either. If only they didn't stick literature and grammar together in a single class...

But then again, my favorite subject was always art.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:12:47 PM by sidzero »