Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:24:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Author Topic: Please read: Working on a fanfiction story  (Read 14213 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Please read: Working on a fanfiction story
« on: February 18, 2008, 01:38:55 AM »
Okay, so I decided I wanted to write a fanfiction story that took place after the anime ends

I posted the first chapter on fanfiction but no body ever gives me feedback.

Now, before you read this you should a few things...

1) I know EXACTLY where this is going.
2) It's episodic so each chapter is like an episode and then there will be multiple seasons.
3) I already have 18/21 episode ideas for season 1 and a few for season 2 ^_^
4) The POV is... through a camera... This is probably the only thing that has the possibility of taking my story to hell which is why I need OPINIONS on it.
5) I plan on including as many anime-style goodies such as the randomness explosion, "Blue Impulse!", and more.
6) The reason why I wanted to do this by camera man is to 1-be different and 2-I have a lot of jokes that will go to the camera and the season finale will actually need it cause it involves "video evidence", that's all I'm gonna say.

Here is where you can find it: http://www.lum-chan.com/index.php?topic=1007.new#new

Well? How was it? I have already started making my very own Opening and Ending to go with the story as well as that little halfway point transition. I have 17 other episode ideas so far and they are growing with time but if someone has an episode idea they always wanted to be used, I can give credit if you want me to use it.

I need comments plz... :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 01:14:23 AM by UruseiNeo »

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: Please read: Working on a fanfiction story
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 01:52:26 AM »
Looks very good... but the the constant references to the camera makes me think that you are making a documentary or a fanfictionary ;D ... Or that new movie... Cloverfield... :P
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
  • My dark heart belongs to Lum
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 01:56:58 AM »
give references, like a book.
DarkDevil, king of the Demons.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 02:04:32 AM »
give references, like a book.
What do you mean by that?

I actually wrote that chapter a few months ago ^_^''' I'm gonna try not to talk about the camera a lot. like any other Urusei Yatsura episode, when a new character is introduced the focus is alround them mostly so that's kinda why the main focus was Cam.

Rest assured, future episodes will focus more on the other characters. The next episode is gonna be Lum's second year anniversary and later I'll be having an episode where they meet the cast of Ranma 1/2 ^_^

Neat thing about Urusei Yatsura, you can say "I got a device that can take us to another dimension" and POOF you can go to any show you want. In this case, I decided to stick with Rumiko stories like Ranma 1/2.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:33:36 AM by UruseiNeo »

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline kyo

• Big Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 04:24:47 AM »
hot damn UruseiNEO, has come into Our world folks ! and by the way I did give you feedback for your story you never read my reply or posted another chapter because the story was getting good...

do you recall someone by the name Mr. Boywonder on fanfiction.net ? well that fella me  ;D

dont' worry about darkdevil the guy a straight up depression nut cake plus he a cat, just want to warn you on that one.

"darling, you give too much thought to what is real and what is not, to what is true and what is false. I realize that is your way, but just this once, accept things as they are. Forego your control, your discipline. and take me with you.

lum plea to kyo final chapter of sins of the family.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:19:06 AM »
Oh I knew you were him. I saw a topic titled "Ataru really do mean it" here so I KNEW it was you. Also, I have been here before just never signed up an account so I've read around a bit to the point where it sounded like I shouldn't take DarkDevil's complaints too seriously?

Anyways, I was disappointed when you posted chapter 4 but it ended sorrowful and then you stopped. I wanna know what happens next.

Anyways, back on topic. For my next episode, I was planning to make Lum's birthday fall on the day the Oni's invaded earth (therefore Lum's birthday is on her 2 year's on earth anniversary) and that the invasion of earth was supposed to be Lum's B-Day present :O ! This will complicate things between Lum and Ataru, but only that episode.

Does anybody have complaints with this? And if not, is there anything you suggest I should add?

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »
Actually, I more wonder if it's the same UruseiNeo that was involved with the whole posting every episode, movie and OVA of UY over on youtube.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 04:36:41 PM »
I posted episodes 11, 18, 21 and seasons 3, 4, 6, and currently 9 on youtube. Also if you go to Veoh.com I posted episodes 1-173 so far and the first 4 movies. Neo1fox posted the OVA's on both and seasons 1, 2, and 5 on youtube. He also did the movies at youtube.

After I finish season 9 however, I still have 3 big things to release, one of them will be the "Youtube's Top 10" episode which will be as long as an episode. The other two BIG things are secrets ^_^

Offline kyo

• Big Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 05:15:33 PM »
sorry for that on my part about the chapter sorrow. but back to the show all you really have to do is add old characters from where the show just came on.
"darling, you give too much thought to what is real and what is not, to what is true and what is false. I realize that is your way, but just this once, accept things as they are. Forego your control, your discipline. and take me with you.

lum plea to kyo final chapter of sins of the family.

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 06:20:21 PM »
Good start for yer fanfic and welcome aboard,UruseiNeo

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 01:05:05 AM »
One thing I wanted to know about for Lum's speech...

Should I or should I not use the tcha or datcha or whatever it is at the end of her sentences and if so how do I use them correctly?

If not, I'll just use: got you=gotcha | what are you doing= whatcha doing etc etc...

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 04:54:25 AM »
Use the following after ending any sentence : 'tcha

Just dont use it in words as gotcha

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 04:57:19 AM »
I have tried that but if you were to say it, it doesn't quite flow of the tongue as well... I'm sure that it sounds right with Japanese words... I actually think words like gotcha, whatcha, dontcha, etc. are English equivalents.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 08:11:26 AM »
Lum's speech:
Lum refers to herself in the first person as "uchi" and is famous for usually ending her sentences with "~datcha". When used by itself, "datcha" means "Yes". This speech type is a rather saccharine, "cute" type of speech.

Wikipedia
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 12:52:32 AM »
I think I remember seeing that. Well as for "uchi" I think I should stay away from it. Hmmm... I will probably use datcha for "yes" but to just randomly use it at the end of any sentence wouldn't seem right so, for now, I won't use it. I've watched some of the dubbed MOVIES and as far as I can tell the voice actor sounds fine without using these words.
Posted on: February 19, 2008, 03:38:53 PM
This has been bugging me for a while.

Alright... one of my episodes was going to centralize around this sort of situation:
Lum agrees to let Ataru do his girl-hunting for one day/week (haven't decided) in exchange he has to make a sort of romantic gesture. Now, I haven't really decided on whether or not she actually keeps her end of the bargain, but my problem is I can't think of what this gesture could be.

So my question is essentially: What gesture should Ataru make? Also if you have an opinion, Should Lum keep her deal?

PS: Marriage is not an option.