Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:30:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Author Topic: Has anyone read...  (Read 2898 times)

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
Has anyone read...
« on: January 23, 2008, 02:50:54 PM »
Has anyone read the UY fanfic series The Senior Year/The Ishinomaki Years/20 Years Later? I remember reading it a little while back (maybe a month or two ago), and I was wondering if anyone else had read through it, and what they thought of it. And if anyone had any ideas what ever happened to the people who were writing it and why they haven't done anything with it lately.

Not that it matters, it was all just a matter of curiosity. I thought it was pretty decent, personally. Not very UY and the characters changed in ways far beyond what any normal (if you could call anyone from Tomobiki normal, that is) people would change, even in the situations presented. It certainly had a lot of good ideas in it, at least.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Re: Has anyone read...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 11:50:43 PM »
I didn't read it because I didn't even know such series existed. I'm gonna search and read them and I'll share my opinions.

Offline Forgotten_Lum

• Casual Otaku
  • UY shall never be forgotten
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 03:50:52 AM »
i read The Ishinomaki Years and 20 Years Later, never got to start the Senior year because i lost the site if you post the site i would be glad to continue my reading

anyway, the complexity of the story is just incredible, if UY were ever to be continued this should be the story it follows
This is Jenga lol :)

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:19:26 AM »
Here's a link to one of the many sites that have the collection of stories on it:

http://archives.eyrie.org/anime/Urusei-Yatsura/

Like I said, the story is pretty decent (I wouldn't call it good, per se, because I have a few reservations about the whole thing). It's got a lot of detail to it. It greatly expands the UY universe and takes it in a lot of interesting, albeit strange, directions. If I do get too far into my own remake of UY, I was going to borrow a few ideas from this story, but only a few. I don't particularly like how pretty much EVERYONE is a friggin lesbian in the story, and I don't like how there are 4, 5, even 6 copies of many of the main characters that become their own individual characters. There's just a lot of things they add that don't fit into the continuity of the original storyline (especially as a continuation of the anime), not to mention the changes the characters personalities undergo that just don't fit with the characters at all. Not to mention you can tell the writers watch too much Star Trek, especially with how everything has to do with aliens and sci-fi and there being little or no fantasy/fairy tale/japanese culture elements to the story like the original was known for.

Offline Forgotten_Lum

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
you have a point there but if you think about it, earth is just a grain of sand in the universe and in UY you only see ataru side of life, you never truly see the life Lum came from, a persons personality changes with each situation presented and i would really have like UY to have gone more offworld, so i think the stories were a good way of showing some of story outside of japan

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 01:06:04 AM »
Ahh,the UY Senior Years fanfic saga,so many tales,so many alternatives

I think ya can find most of them at Fanfiction.net

Offline Forgotten_Lum

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 04:13:04 AM »
thats the site i was looking for cosmic, thx cosmic

Offline kyo

• Big Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 05:34:59 AM »
you ever tried reading that comsic it hard
"darling, you give too much thought to what is real and what is not, to what is true and what is false. I realize that is your way, but just this once, accept things as they are. Forego your control, your discipline. and take me with you.

lum plea to kyo final chapter of sins of the family.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 05:35:57 AM »
The only problem with what's on fanfiction.net (and I'll admit that's where I actually read TSY) is that  it lacks all but 2 of the Ishinomaki Years part of the story.

Offline kyo

• Big Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 05:37:36 AM »
The only problem with what's on fanfiction.net (and I'll admit that's where I actually read TSY) is that  it lacks all but 2 of the Ishinomaki Years part of the story.
my story is on ff.net and i cant' finish it.
"darling, you give too much thought to what is real and what is not, to what is true and what is false. I realize that is your way, but just this once, accept things as they are. Forego your control, your discipline. and take me with you.

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 03:35:43 PM »
you ever tried reading that?, cosmic,it is hard

Yeah,i have read the majority of those fanfics,kyo

Offline kyo

• Big Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 04:08:51 AM »
you ever tried reading that?, cosmic,it is hard

Yeah,i have read the majority of those fanfics,kyo
you do know i based kyo off half of them along with the prince and lecher ?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 07:32:37 PM »
That story is soooo suspenseful. Usually I don't read so usually I avoid reading a chapter based on the fact I don't like to read.

But the reason I avoid reading these chapters is because I'm afraid what's gonna happen... I'm only on chapter 9... the chapters are long so I have to read them in segments. Making it that much harder to read where I left off...

I'm hoping once I get passed the 10th chapter Ataru will turn back to normal? He's such an azz in the second saga and sometimes I wish they'd do something like split him in two where one is the current and evil-like, evil-LIKE, Ataru and the other one is the one we all know and kinda love.

While I do think Ataru should change eventually, change is NEVER good when it happens over 5 seconds. It needs to be dragged out and happen slowly over a season or two... or three...

That's why you won't see me marrying Lum and Ataru in my story for a long time...

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura