Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Author Topic: Things in the series I would change...  (Read 11182 times)

Offline Necron 99

• Psychotic Fan
  • How do I shot web?
Things in the series I would change...
« on: November 27, 2007, 12:31:37 AM »
... if I was going to do a new UY series.

1. Have the character design remain the same from beginning to end. I would try to base the design on Asami Endo's style.

2. Adapt more stories from the manga.

3. Not do any recaps or clip shows. The "Top 10 Episodes" episode would be an exception.

4. Have Lum wear her bikini under her school uniform and every other outfit (except for the genie outfit). I'm thinking about whether or not she should wear gym shorts underneath her uniform. Even though I do have something of a panty fetish (:-[) and especially favor white panties, I think it would make more sense for Lum to wear anything other than her bikini underneath normal clothes.

5. I would try to be more faithful to the manga versions when making the episodes.

6. I'm not sure if I would omit any episodes. If I were to do that, I would probably omit three episodes at most.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:39:18 AM by Necron 99 »
I wonder what's for dinner? --King Harkinian
Compared to Goemon, we're not very cool! --Arsene Lupin III

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Re: Things in the series I would change...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 01:04:16 PM »
My new UY series... it would be something like a continuation to the series: "Urusei Yatsura 2 - The adult life". All episodes would be weird, funny and addicting (just like UY).

Here's a few episodes:

Ep. 1 - "Finnally Together!" - Lum comes up with a "Subcounscious Device" wich makes everyone say what they really want. Lum asks tricky questions to Ataru making him say things about their marriage. In the big-day, Ataru couldn't help saying "I do".

Ep. 2 - "The Week After The Marriage" - Lum and Ataru go to a trip to celebrate their marriage. Ataru just complains while Lum tries to enjoy the trip. Mendou, Shinobu and the Stormtroopers follow them and try to separate them. In the end, they were making a tower to spy what Ataru and Lum were doing during the nigh alone (they were almost making "The Love" but something goes wrong...

Ep. 3 - "Life of Married people" - UY married characters appear and talk about their marriage. In the middle of the episode, Ataru and Lum show up and begin arguing with each other because of stupid and weird things. Showing funny and amusing clips about their new life and the episode ends with Ataru and Lum trying to figure out why were they fighting about.

Ep. 4 - "Lum-chan wants a baby!" - Lum goes to work and sees many children in the park playing with their parents. She thinks about having a baby during the whole week. In the end she gains some courage and talks with Ataru about it. Ataru passes out and says that it's hard to raise a child and stuff. Ataru thinks about it everyday and then talks to Lum and asks if she really want one. (Ataru wants one, too)

Ep. 5 - "The belly is growing" - Lum appears and she is extremely happy. She tell us about what happened the other day (The Love included) but when the +18 part is about to be telled Ataru appears and asks about what she was doing there. Lum says she might be pregnant. Ataru says she already tried that trick on him. During the night, Lum does a pregnancy test and the results are positive: she is really pregnant. Lum tells to Ataru and Ataru goes nuts with his happyness and takes Lum out to dinner and celebrate the newest Moroboshi's member.

Just some episodes.

Offline Jataru

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 02:48:28 PM »
That's what I call good episodes. If we could send some of this episodes writed to Rumiko Takahashi she would probably be interested.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:20:21 PM by Lum-chan »

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 10:33:28 PM »
Thank you, Jataru.

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 10:58:08 PM »
I would like as necron, keep them faithful to the manga, and without fillers  :-\
also with the same Good drawing style till the end  ;D
and finally, that Ataru didn't insult Lum as much, but much rather appreciate what she does for him once in a while ;)

▲
▲ ▲

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 07:10:37 PM »
I've actually been wondering what people would think if someone went and made a remake doujinshi and eventually took it past the end of the original story.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 01:40:37 AM »
My new UY series... it would be something like a continuation to the series: "Urusei Yatsura 2 - The adult life". All episodes would be weird, funny and addicting (just like UY).

Here's a few episodes:

Ep. 1 - "Finnally Together!" - Lum comes up with a "Subcounscious Device" wich makes everyone say what they really want. Lum asks tricky questions to Ataru making him say things about their marriage. In the big-day, Ataru couldn't help saying "I do".

Ep. 2 - "The Week After The Marriage" - Lum and Ataru go to a trip to celebrate their marriage. Ataru just complains while Lum tries to enjoy the trip. Mendou, Shinobu and the Stormtroopers follow them and try to separate them. In the end, they were making a tower to spy what Ataru and Lum were doing during the nigh alone (they were almost making "The Love" but something goes wrong...

Ep. 3 - "Life of Married people" - UY married characters appear and talk about their marriage. In the middle of the episode, Ataru and Lum show up and begin arguing with each other because of stupid and weird things. Showing funny and amusing clips about their new life and the episode ends with Ataru and Lum trying to figure out why were they fighting about.

Ep. 4 - "Lum-chan wants a baby!" - Lum goes to work and sees many children in the park playing with their parents. She thinks about having a baby during the whole week. In the end she gains some courage and talks with Ataru about it. Ataru passes out and says that it's hard to raise a child and stuff. Ataru thinks about it everyday and then talks to Lum and asks if she really want one. (Ataru wants one, too)

Ep. 5 - "The belly is growing" - Lum appears and she is extremely happy. She tell us about what happened the other day (The Love included) but when the +18 part is about to be telled Ataru appears and asks about what she was doing there. Lum says she might be pregnant. Ataru says she already tried that trick on him. During the night, Lum does a pregnancy test and the results are positive: she is really pregnant. Lum tells to Ataru and Ataru goes nuts with his happyness and takes Lum out to dinner and celebrate the newest Moroboshi's member.

Just some episodes.

Write it... if you haven't already...
And if you have... tell me where it is.

The only problem I had, and it's just a little problem, is that Ataru was kinda forced by Lum to reveal his feelings and I always thought that if he were to do it, it would not be forced at all. In my story, I plan on getting Ataru to spill the beans on his feelings, that'll be like, what? season 4? XD, but I'm gonna do it in a way that is funny, and it will just be, I think, a good way to do it but I don't wanna reveal it yet. I plan on writing this series so I don't wanna spoil. I really hope people will laugh at it and like it.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 02:50:53 AM »
Personally, I don't think Ataru would reach a point in his maturity where he would be able to really admit his feelings, not just to Lum but to himself, for another 2 years after the end of the story. But that's just my opinion
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 03:06:54 AM »
I never said he would have to admit it on purpose   ;D

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 10:32:34 AM »
Write it... if you haven't already...
And if you have... tell me where it is.

The only problem I had, and it's just a little problem, is that Ataru was kinda forced by Lum to reveal his feelings and I always thought that if he were to do it, it would not be forced at all. In my story, I plan on getting Ataru to spill the beans on his feelings, that'll be like, what? season 4? XD, but I'm gonna do it in a way that is funny, and it will just be, I think, a good way to do it but I don't wanna reveal it yet. I plan on writing this series so I don't wanna spoil. I really hope people will laugh at it and like it.

Write the episodes? I never thought of that... Maybe I'll give it a try. Good luck with your story and I'm sure it will turn out pretty good.

Offline UataruY

• Big Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 09:59:57 AM »
i think that in the series there should be a little more kissing, and a final episode with a marriage! during the series and the movies there was always something that prevented them from showing their love for each other like in beautiful dreamer or in lum the forever movies when ataru tries to  kiss lum but megane and the stormtroopers don't let him
Stormtrooper number 5!

Offline dak

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 07:11:19 AM »
Marriage is thing all of us know it will happen, it just matter of time.
With UY main story( episode ) and side story ( movie ) i don't think Ataru will confess his love to Lum even he was forced.
The only person Lum love is Ataru.
Only thing i can do is watch over her from darkness.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 04:47:54 AM »
The only thing I would change in the series would be... that it would run for 1000 more episodes... LoL
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline dak

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »
from the day they born to the day they died?
The only person Lum love is Ataru.
Only thing i can do is watch over her from darkness.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 02:50:05 PM »
If I could change anything about the series ... I would re-animate the whole thing. Start again from the beginning and bring it all up to current animation standards.

:)

(quote from FallinG_StaR)..."The only thing I would change in the series would be... that it would run for 1000 more episodes... LoL".... Ah! Finally a vote in favor of the open-ended series conclusion (a non-conclusion?) for which Takahashi-san is famous. I'll second that vote!  ;D

So Old, I'm Young Again!