Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:52:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Author Topic: IT'S BEEN OVER TEN YEARS  (Read 2191 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
IT'S BEEN OVER TEN YEARS
« on: October 19, 2022, 04:49:28 AM »
Good lord has it really been that long!?!  I'm so happy to see this website is still here, other forums I used to go to closed up after Discord became a thing.

Can't believe it's been a decade, I still recognize a few names around here.

I came by on a whim after the new episode came out last week, feeling nostalgic.  What the heck's been going on these past 11 years?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Dabu Sensei

• Casual Fan
Re: IT'S BEEN OVER TEN YEARS
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 05:12:01 AM »
UruseiNeo:

You are right! Surviving ten years in web-time is like eons.

This enduring website says a lot about the character of us fans here. I like to think our steadfast appreciation of UY and Lumchan comes from the emotional impact the show's stories, art, and the actors' performances have given us. Though many of us come from around the world, yet we share this same experience, is wonderful.

Dabu Sensei

Offline Jataru

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 05:43:14 AM »
It's another old timer, didn't I sent you a PM to check if you were coming back to the forum?

Before the new series started I bullied...sent PM's to many of the people back in the days, don't know if they ever saw or if they're email is the same.

I hope that more people come back with the new series release.

UruseiNeo:

You are right! Surviving ten years in web-time is like eons.

This enduring website says a lot about the character of us fans here. I like to think our steadfast appreciation of UY and Lumchan comes from the emotional impact the show's stories, art, and the actors' performances have given us. Though many of us come from around the world, yet we share this same experience, is wonderful.

Dabu Sensei

Nonetheless the forum needs to be updated like the embed codes, we just can put the link of the video, nothing more.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 05:45:48 AM by Jataru »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 06:05:43 AM »
You did, though my UY email is completely different than my main email(s) so I didnt see it until I tried logging in (got it first try somehow).

Thanks to the new reboot, I think I managed to pull a couple of my friends into a weekly watch of this show.

One of the things I was hoping to find coming back here was some old AMVs.  Youtube really striped us of all the old AMVs and videos that we worked on back in the day.  Is there an archive of any of that stuff or are they lost to time?  Wanted to show my newly converted friends.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Jataru

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 06:17:14 AM »
Yeah some of the AMVs of that time were lost, I still saved some from chette dizon and others and uploaded to my channel. The quality is not the best but hey they're old XD.

https://youtu.be/sEa-no_TvqY
https://youtu.be/LG-QTu_w-To
https://youtu.be/Y_Ptyvd1Yi0
https://youtu.be/a-vIXh_NHPg
https://youtu.be/Dg-AuO9ioMo

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 07:34:01 AM »
Dang, none of those were the ones I was looking for >.<

In case it ever comes up, the ones I was looking for were "One Day One Dream" by Lumcolette and the UY "Star On" Tribute that uses that full 6min OVA theme.

Crossing my fingers I encounter them again someday.

Putting that aside, what were the past 10 years like on this forum, before the show got rebooted?  Looks like all the mods stayed together which is IMPRESSIVE given what I've seen from other forums.

Offline Jataru

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 09:31:17 AM »
I don't know, I also have been off of this forum xD
I'll have to check if I can find those AMVs

Edit: I have found "One Day One Dream" by Lumcolette, the other one I would need the name of the author or something else.

https://vimeo.com/761798692
One Day One Dream

Funny thing, it´s not possible to upload it on Youtube, i tried first, since it´s a video that they have already deleted, so I upload it on Vimeo.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 12:05:02 PM by Jataru »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 03:09:18 AM »
You legend

Thank you so much.  If there was one AMV I would want to find again it was this one.  This is the very AMV that made me watch the series in the first place and so in my opinion it is the only AMV that truly matters in this fandom.

Offline Jataru

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 03:15:57 AM »
You legend

Thank you so much.  If there was one AMV I would want to find again it was this one.  This is the very AMV that made me watch the series in the first place and so in my opinion it is the only AMV that truly matters in this fandom.

No problem, if you want I can see others, I have video account when I upload some more AMVs back in 2007.

I actually have one on my YouTube to be published, La Vie Boheme, the quality is not that good but it's old, I still don't know when I'll upload it.

We may differ in opinions, in my case was the AMV Linger, I always loved that one and it was one of the firsts i saw from the series.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 03:19:02 AM by Jataru »

Offline Moroboshi-kun

• Fan
  • aka RTAE86
    • MyAnimeList
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2022, 10:19:21 PM »
Welcome back o/
Lum fan till the day I die
MyAnimeList | YouTube | Steam | Twitter
Feel free to add me~

Offline Jataru

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2022, 04:26:48 PM »
Soo here's the thing...

I have an old account where I used to upload videos back in 2007, I have a couple of dozen old AMVs from Urusei Yatsura in there, the quality isn't that good but hey it is what it is.

The problem, I don't know why, is that when I try to upload them on my YouTube channel YouTube blocks them, almost everyone and that's bugging me, one even was blocked just because it was deleted by them a long time ago.

So what I'm trying to ask is, where should I upload them, some of them where in the old topic of AMVs of this forum, Vimeo seems a good option.

Offline [uy]

• Long time fan
  • Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2022, 11:10:52 PM »
Good lord has it really been that long!?!  I'm so happy to see this website is still here, other forums I used to go to closed up after Discord became a thing.
I think it's wonderful every visit to see the website still up and like it used to be, even tho it's activity has declined through the years with people moving with their lives or the social media boom. But to know this little corner of the internet still let us relive our favorite series is in fact amazing

I had no idea Lum-chan went through several heart problems, that shocked me and hopefully he is doing okay!

Also, welcome back :)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2022, 04:07:39 AM »
Soo here's the thing...

I have an old account where I used to upload videos back in 2007, I have a couple of dozen old AMVs from Urusei Yatsura in there, the quality isn't that good but hey it is what it is.

The problem, I don't know why, is that when I try to upload them on my YouTube channel YouTube blocks them, almost everyone and that's bugging me, one even was blocked just because it was deleted by them a long time ago.

So what I'm trying to ask is, where should I upload them, some of them where in the old topic of AMVs of this forum, Vimeo seems a good option.

Vimeo seemed to work for the previous one, I'd go with that if we're just talking about archiving them.  You could also try a google drive (again, for the sake of creating an archive).

Offline Jataru

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 03:59:38 PM »
Soo here's the thing...

Vimeo seemed to work for the previous one, I'd go with that if we're just talking about archiving them.  You could also try a google drive (again, for the sake of creating an archive).

Alright, in my day off I'll try to check the AMVs that I have.

I know that I have almost every AMV that chette dizon created and a couple more.

The quality isn't that good tough, I uploaded them around 2007 to a private video account so the quality is questionable.

You see what you get XD

I just can't understand why YouTube doesn't allow to upload the majority of these videos, every copyright in every AMV blocks them from viewership.