Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Author Topic: SPOLERS Watching/comment every single Episode/Movie/OVA  (Read 32777 times)

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
SPOLERS Watching/comment every single Episode/Movie/OVA
« on: November 27, 2015, 04:49:33 PM »
Hello everyone
I plan to start a small project, where i will write about every single animation of urusei yatsura :) i never watched anyhting related to this cult classic, and im very curious to see how it goes, tommorow i will start first episodes :) I hope it is not against rules?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:25:06 PM by kamil88 »

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
Re: Watching/comment every single Episode/Movie/OVA
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 11:37:36 PM »
Hi kamil good to see you back! I dont think its against the rules, we will love to hear whats your opinion and discuss about the series, it will be great to enjoy all the series again with you!,  I'll be looking forward to hear your thouhts about the series.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:48:24 PM by lumlover »

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
Re: SPOLERS Watching/comment every single Episode/Movie/OVA
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 06:26:49 PM »
Opening: Lum no Love Song is considered a classic, sung plenty times by various singers, and i can see why, very catchy and fun song, im big fan of 80's songs like this

Episode 1
- We meet Ataru (Quite unlucky guy, but, i can see it as karma for his leech nature), Shinobu, apparently girlfriend of Ataru, how can she tolerate his flirtous nature?
- Lum, another main heroine, is really nice looking alien girl, who hs ability to fly, and can electify people, poor Ataru
- Earth will be conquered if Ataru lose game of tag with Lum, he has to cath her horns in 10 days (As explained by Mr. Invaader, one of nicest invaders ever)
- If Ataru lose, his family will be lynched, sure, no big pressure
- Shinobu promise Atar to marry him, if he wins, unfortunately, he yells "Now i can get married" shortly before he grabs Lum horns, and right after that, now Lum thinks Ataru will marry her :)

Episode 2
- Ataru friends fall in love with Lum, so they kidnap him, so he can ca Lum for help (Loved that Shinobu scream, when she find out, what Ataru will get for calling Lum, and him agree to call her, voice actres did excellent job)
- Ataru is tied to school tower, and his friend begun chanting, it summons..Space Taxi, with takes them to Ataru house, now he need to pay money, that is worth all oil on Earth :)
- And that's what Space Taxi do, literally start steal all oil, and of course Ataru is blamed for all this, his family is saved...by Lum, who offers to pay for course, if Ataru allows her to live with him, and Ataru agrees (After getting a beating)
- Space Taxi returns all oil, in form of rain, no smoking allowed :)
- Shinobu seems to hate Ataru now, i wonder how it wil all ends?

That first 2 episodes, i really liked it, characters are funny, and voice actors do great job, plot is very crazy in Dr. Slump like way, looking forward to see more :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:49:02 PM by kamil88 »

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 01:59:52 AM »
Hi kamil! Glad you liked the first episodes, episode 1 is one of my all time favorites, lum no love song is as you said a classic!, this series only gets better episode with episode,  enjoy the series, keep sharing your thoughts!.

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 04:58:53 PM »
Apologise it took me so long to make another post :)

Episode 3:

- I can sympathize with Ataru, for long time, i was afraid of lighting too, and to this day i hate how it can damage electricity (I always diconnect my PC and consoles, just in case)
- Ten is pretty feisty kid, i was afraid he will be annoyig brat, but, to be fair, it's Ataru who picked up on him first  he get so close with Shinobu and Ataru mom :)
- Ataru and Ten fight..cause Ataru family house getting blown away

Episode 4

-And house get rebuild very fast somehow :)
- Lum teach Ten some stuff about Earth, mainly swallows and houseflies, Ten give swallow candy, with gives it lots of energy
- If only my physics teacher was like this :) And poor Shinobu :(
- Swallow become penguin from eating Oni candy..ok  :P
- Penguin become Penguinzilla, giant flies...  :mrgreen:

Wow..these episodes..my mind almost get blown away, it seems i can expect Dr.Slump craziness, almost everyone is so over the top, so far, Shinobu seem to be most normal person here, normal compared to others :)

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 05:34:39 AM »
hi kamil, glad to see you back, ten is in fact pretty annoying you know, but well, the series would not be the same without him, you will realize that later... some people really like ten, others hate him and i dont blame them!, about shinobu being normal... we will see if you think the same at the end of the series ;), weirdness its one of the best and more representative things of our beloved series UY! I hope you learn to love it, as the classic it is!, but wait! no major comments about our lum? :'(, well at the end you will lover as much as everyone else so, no need to hurry :mrgreen:, greetings my friend enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:45:57 AM by lumlover »

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 03:49:51 PM »
Episode 5:
- Another, in Ataru words, obnoxious alien appear, his name is Rei, Lum ex fiancee, when he gets excited, the turns ito giant cat thing, he challenge Ataru to duel for Lum heart.
- Shinobu gets really upset when she find out Lum is pregnant with him (According to Lum) and give Ataru nice choreography beating.
- Ataru mom is such a slut, poor Ataru dad :)

Episode 6:
- Poor Rei, getting dumbed not only by Lum..but also doll :)
- Rei keep chasing Ataru and Lum, trying to propose to Lum, but instead, propose to every girl in town :)
- Ten, you little..telling everyone where Rei/Ataru live, and all because he is bored  ;D
- Did i mention Ataru mom is a slut?

Another new cast member, interestingly, he can't speak Japanese too well, and can transform into monster, with result in two very wacky episodes,  but they also had some serious moments with Shinobu, who thought about her relationship with Ataru, as for Lum, i can't really say too much about her right now, she is little obnoxious and childish, but..i admit she is pretty charming (She is not annoying as Chi Chi from Dragon Ball, wo was so obnoxious, so, thats plus :) )

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 02:33:49 AM »
oh man lum its totally charming! she is childish, thats true, but its part of her charm ;D!, I had never thought of ataru´s mom that way but, I guess you´re right! but you know, we all make mistakes! :P
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:48:21 AM by lumlover »

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 10:55:18 PM »
Sorry i was gone for so long, was very busy, and din't have time for myself, but im back now :)

Episode 7 and 8:
- Never heard about hanging carp streamers, you learn something new everyday :)
- Kintaro is voiced by Ms. Nozawa, right? I will always recognize Son Goku :)
- Poor Ataru, even bear feel sorry for him, when Shinobu and Lum are nice to Kintaro
- While looking for Kintaro spaceship, crew just had to blew up entire buliding and destroy rocket
- If my nursery school teacher was this hot....wow, space children..Poor Ataru
- Ataru helps space nursery teacher by taking care of children, and take them to trip to preschool
- These preschoolers were great, so brutally honest :)

Wow, these 2 episodes were literal trip, very strange ones, fun, but strange.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:12:16 PM by kamil88 »

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 02:05:44 AM »
Hi kamil, its great that you´re back!, you have a good ear, kintaro its voiced by nozawa, about learning new stuff everyday, you will notice that you can learn a lot of japanese culture with UY, there´s a lot of folklore, legends and traditions in the series, but to tell you the truth the first 20 episodes are not my favorites! with the exception of ep. 1  ep. 10 and definetly , it gets a lot better after those ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:11:26 AM by lumlover »

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 05:35:50 PM »
Episode 9 and 10:
- We meet another new character, Miss Sakura, very strange priestess, Cherry niece, who tricks Ataru, promsing she will clean his spirit...instead giving him her own problems :) However, she later cures him in Episode 10, when she become school nurse. For once, it is not Ataru, who get a.s whooping at the end.
- Make virus big to tell everyone, what is wrong with Ataru, great, but also not so great idea by Lum :)
Great episodes, Machiko Washio was great as Sakura, and im shocked she didn't get more major roles, that exorcist scene was awesome.

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 04:07:36 AM »
I love the beginning of ep 9!, and the ending of ep 10! :P

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 06:15:50 PM »
Episode 11:
- Worst episode so far, i felt really sorry for Ataru and Shinobu, both Ataru mom and Lum were such b.tches here  >:( Only thing i liked, was Shinobu scratching Ataru during phone conversation
Episode 12:
- Much better episode, i knew about many Friday 13th legends, but it is first time i heard about demon one. Poor priest messed up at the end :)

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 03:14:20 AM »
ah come on lum aint that bad, :P but yeah maybe she overdid it a little... ;D, his mom on the other side... she truly can act like a b..tch sometimes!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 06:45:08 AM by lumlover »

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 10:40:48 PM »
Episode 13:
- Felt little sorry for Lum, when she cried from not being able to useher powers, but, she didn't have to rub it in Shinobu face, that she got ribbons from Ataru (On the other hands, that how girls are in RL too, especially while in love)
- Poor Cherry, Lum probably gave him nicee beating

Episode 14:
- Lum create Ataru voodoo doll, and is able to control him, with gives Ataru idea to create dolls of everyone who picked on him, just have to create dooll, and put hair in it (Lum collects heair, as prove of her love) with involves almost whole town, except Shinobu..Again, Lum tries to get hair of Shinobu, and Ataru chase after her, with cause dolls to be left unguarded, parents find dolls, and all hell breaks  :) Little disappointed episode ended in best part.

Fun episodes, we even meet Shinobu parents in Episode 14, who might be only normal people in this crazy world :)