Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 36
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Author Topic: Should they make a movie 7 Of UY?  (Read 5935 times)

Offline atarumorobohi31

• DRAGON KING!
  • Fan
Should they make a movie 7 Of UY?
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:43:21 PM »
I'm just wondering, should they make a movie or episode of ataru and lum getting married for real not the episode were ataru saw him getting married to lum.. :???
  Fire Dragon Iron Fist!!

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
Re: Should they make a movie 7 Of UY?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 03:00:48 AM »
I like the getting married part for real^^ but i can't see them stretching that idea into an hr long thing... D: 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:06:05 AM by foxhead556 »

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:02:11 AM »
Some would like that, some wouldn't.

Many fans wish a "happily-ever-after" ending for our starring pair. However, doing so would truly "end" the series. That is, it would provide closure to the storyline.

On the other hand, leaving it unfinished -- with Lum forever chasing Ataru (and Ataru forever chasing other girls) -- keeps it alive, allowing the fans to imagine new situations for the cast.

It's one of the enduring questions of UruseiYatsura. It's cropped up here many many times. And the debate that invariably follows shows only what I said in the first paragraph: some do, some don't. ;D

What do YOU want? >:D
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:12:00 AM »
I'm in favor of it being left just the way it is. I have no problem with them making more movies but no marriage.
If you want a series with a Happy Ending watch Maison Ikkoku also by Rumiko Takahashi.
Why keep a dog and bark yourself?

Offline atarumorobohi31

• DRAGON KING!
  • Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:12:29 PM »
it was just on my mind and i wanted to know that u guys would think :-\..It is good on its own..well the good thing that came out of this is i made my first post.XD
  Fire Dragon Iron Fist!!

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:43 AM »
It's always good to discuss things that you think might work, you never know. Many people have strong opinions (like myself) I hate Dubs and much prefer reading subs over listening to American Voice Actors for example.

Having a strong opinion doesn't make you right, it does make you an Otaku.  :P

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 01:45:13 AM »
Lol REDACTED u must have been scarred after seeing the Urusei Yatsura British dubs... "Ello Lum"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:06:59 AM by foxhead556 »

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 04:28:59 AM »
Lol REDACTED u must have been scarred after seeing the Urusei Yatsura British dubs... "Ello Lum"

I had enough torture from my first wife, thank you very much.  :mrgreen:
I did hear a short clip on YouTube  it was " 'orrible guvnah"

Hell is a place where Rosanne Barr does the voice of Lum and Ataru is voiced by Curly from the 3 Stooges! nyuh nyuh nyuh!
He's a victim of soicumstance.  ::)

Offline theclaw

• The protector.
  • Fan
  • Weird and weird.
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »
Ending to lead into fresh material. Perhaps even something great enough to re-capture UY's magic on its own strengths.

I guess the toughest part is keeping fanservice in check, an attractive likable cast. Except where intentionally otherwise. (Cherry)
Not degenerating into the common "trashy" hole.

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »
I think a movie would be asking for too much, it would be just be asking for unnecessary trouble. Another OVA special on an anniversary should be good enough. One good idea would be allowing an animation studio to give their own interpretation of the series. This way they wouldn't strictly have to abide to the source material but more rather show us the series from their point of view. branching off a bit I strongly wish they would finish the rest of Ranma 1/2. Unlike UY, Ranma 1/2 had a good chunk of manga material that wasn't made into anime

▲
▲ ▲

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 01:19:06 AM »
I think a movie would be asking for too much, it would be just be asking for unnecessary trouble. Another OVA special on an anniversary should be good enough. One good idea would be allowing an animation studio to give their own interpretation of the series. This way they wouldn't strictly have to abide to the source material but more rather show us the series from their point of view. branching off a bit I strongly wish they would finish the rest of Ranma 1/2. Unlike UY, Ranma 1/2 had a good chunk of manga material that wasn't made into anime

I have to agree with Janus on this one considering that , though UY kicks ass and may kick more with many studios doing their interpretations, Ranma is in dire need of getting the rest of the story animated

Offline Revenge

• Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 04:54:48 PM »
Maybe a OVA like the last one, was the best ideia. UY has a amazing plot, where you can add a OVA, or a movie, without touching the story (what story by the way?). Remakes or sequels, hell no. There are many chapters that weren't made into anime, and anyone who possibly thinks of making a new UY OVA or movie, should have that in mind.

Offline RepublicEmpire

• Casual Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 04:09:44 PM »
That's sadly impossible. Urusei Yatsura still remained intellucal ownership of Rumiko Takashi. She had the power to continue, but she has her reasons to end the series. However, they should do to make more OVAs based on the manga stories they haven't covered.

Why continue it? It just like asking Geogre Lucas to make Star Wars sequel trilogy. It seems the fans don't own the series, it's her series.

Offline Takaholic

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »
Well, now that George Lucas has sold Star Wars to Disney, and the new Trilogy is being worked on...  ;D
Maybe a new UY animation could be done as well...

There are a few key manga stories I'd like to see animated. 

Asuka at her all-girls' school which weathers an invasion by the boys of Tomobiki High. (I believe it's in UY WB 14, hmm my Project ILM file seems to be corrupted... Have to look for a backup file).

Ryuunosuke and Nagisa's relationship maturing (Title translated by a friend as "The All-Night Firefight") - UY WB Vol 15 Story 7

And most of all, Shinobu and Inaba's acceptance story.. aka "The Flower of Love and Courage" - UY WB Vol 15 Story 4

As far as Lum and Ataru getting married, it has to happen, Lum's seen it already... and she can be a bit stubborn in getting what she wants. Given the proper motivation, Ataru will want to marry her. It will happen, with a little help from their friends... and a very close friend they haven't met yet.... Is it gonna be easy?  This is UY, what do you think?

Hint: Hatsune Miku is just a stage name / persona for someone very close to both of them... and the Back To The Future series is begging for a UY re-write...  Can you say "Back From The Future"? grin

Oh, the music I've chose to reflect storyline events leading to Ataru and Lum's Engagement, Wedding, Reception Party and Honeymoon consists of 48 songs.  The Wedding sequence takes about an hour and a half, since they won't be alone when they get married...are they ever left alone for more than a minute or two?

And getting married isn't the end of your life kids... just the beginning, actually.  Around the end of 2013, I'll have been married twice as long as I was single. And I got married at the age of 21.  The girl I married is a real life manifestation of everything I've ever loved about Lum's personality. (and yeah, I can do a pretty good Ataru impersonation myself on occasion...)

Just considering what things might be like for the UY gang's kids leads naturally to UY:TNG... Tomobiki's story is far from over.

Happy Holidays to everyone!