Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:25:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Author Topic: ending spring 2011 anime and summer 2011 preview  (Read 3149 times)

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
ending spring 2011 anime and summer 2011 preview
« on: June 23, 2011, 06:59:40 AM »
Its that time of the season again, sorry I missed posting the last season but a good thing falling didn't let the tradition die.
As usual we'd love to hear your comments, reviews and recommendations of that anime you've watched this past season. Also we have this visual guide to show you a list on what's to come with brief synopsis of each anime and tell us which one catches your interest and are looking forward to.

Don't be shy, you don't have to give a long-winded review of any of the anime nor it necessarily has to be recently aired, it can be something that you watched during the season time frame.

AND HERE WE GO!
(click image to enlarge)

if you want more details you can head on over to moetron
http://www.moetron.com/2011/04/17/summer-2011-visual-guide-and-anime-listing/

on to my list

Hidan no Aria
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8630/Hidan_no_Aria
I don't know what to say about this one since I watched it until episode 5 since I couldn't find more episodes. The season before this last one Infinite stratos  was about a school of piloting robots and now this one that is about a school of armed detectives. it was always a bomb implanted in some odd place that it had to be diffused or else. At one point I feel that part of the movie "Speed" was recreated on that anime. If you want a reason to watch it has Rie Kugimiya there.

Maria†Holic Alive
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9712/Maria%E2%80%A0Holic_Alive
Another anime I lost track of, very entertaining series and funny but was a bit hard to find the episodes
its very funny and recomended, go watch the first season.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai
"We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw " good anime hardly comes by and this is one of them.  This anime is solid, it has very good story characters , voicework, story, art style and music. This anime centers one girl: menma as she appears as a ghost to jintan since she died when they were still kids. since then the children that were best friends had changed over the years. The pacing is great in this anime it doesn't seem to drag as much. many strong emotions are portrayed here even driving someone to tears. much watch for any of you looking for something "solid"

Last but not least
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Shaft quality at its best. this anime has some story it is interesting, but this anime's strong point is the moe factor. Imaging moving in with your really cute cousin and teasing hot aunt. I nearly have a heartattack on so much cuteness with erio. If you are into moe, its a must watch.

now to the ones I'm planing to watch are

kamisama no memo chou
and
Idolm@ster
up to this point.

now discuss
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:55:28 AM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
Re: ending spring 2011 anime and summer 2011 preview
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »
* Cosmic King reads this article *

I don't know what you think, Lumaholics, but I am looking forward to see the Anime of Blade (Maaya Sakamoto FTW!!!) as well as this new version of Blood done by CLAMP; I am also intrigued by the OAD of Air Gear, the OVAs of Hellsing as well as Carnival Phantasm and the movie of Sora no Otoshimono

It will be an interesting Summer, Lumaholics
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:15:19 AM by Cosmic King »

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 07:04:59 PM »
noting i like cept apple seed xP

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 02:59:46 AM »
Hmm... This spring season was good... with some very nice animes.

So my list of what I seen/seeing from the spring season:

Astarotte no Omocha!
This anime wasn't even going to be on my "Plan to watch" list... but then I watched the 1st episode and I think I becoming (as if I weren't already ;D ) a lolicon. It's a good anime just for the fact the main loli character is voiced by Rie Kugimiya.

Well same as Janus, the quality is amazing Shaft really did a good job here... I also like the fact that the main character is somewhat normal in terms of dealing with the girls around him, I mean, he's not clueless about the feelings of the girls and also he doesn't seem overly interested in just one of them, and the fact he sees his life as a dating sim (check end of episodes to understand).

Dog Days
Imagine getting yourself summoned to be a hero in another world, the Republic of Biscotti (dog people that summon you) and the Galette Kingdom (cat people), where they wage wars just for entertainment and economic reasons. Seems like a terrible place, but wait, in this wars no one dies and the wars are seen as a national sport event. I can't say much without spoiling the story of the anime so feel free to give it a go. It was an interesting anime and if you like cat girls/dog girls... you wont be disappointed. ;D

Gosick
This anime is from the winter season but its coming to an end now so here goes.
This is an excellent anime. If you haven't seen this you should be ashamed of yourself for letting this anime pass by you. The characters are fantastic, the plot/story is interesting and the mysteries that show up in the episodes will make you think for a few minutes (its like playing Cluedo)

The World God Only Knows II
Continuation from the 1st series. It good follows the manga perfectly. I like when I see a manga I like getting animated yet I have to be honest and say... I prefer the manga. There will be a 3rd part. Maybe we even get a 4th... only god knows... ;D

Maria†Holic Alive
Well this is hard for me... When the 1st season finished I hoped they would release a 2nd season, but, for some reason when they did and after seeing the 1st episodes I didn't get the same feeling out of it as I did with the 1st one. I do need to point out that you need to watch the 1st season in order to understand this one.

Ok I'm seeing my list and I think I'll just post the links for the anime I saw this season that where good or else I'll be here for along time.

Hidan no Aria
Very confusing at start (and all the way to the end I guess). Does have a bit of ecchii (always good for me) but like Janus said, "If you want a reason to watch it has Rie Kugimiya there." and you know that Rie Kugimiya+ecchii+embarrassing situations+violent girl= lots of fun and lol's.

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Hmm... Guess this is just your typical eroge to harem anime type of thing. It's been interesting but I just hope the main character doesn't end up with the girl I think he will, because if he does I'm removing this from my list.

Ok... that's it... fingers hurt...

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai

Softenni
Probably one of the most funny animes from this season. ;D

Ok I guess that's all that I'm watching that ends this season.

As for what I'll be watching from the summer season animes:

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!

Dantalian no Shoka

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Not sure yet... will need to see the 1st episodes of this.

Kamisama Dolls

Mayo Chiki!
Seems very promising.

Usagi Drop
Seems interesting.

Eroge! H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai
Because there's always a few rainy days during summer. ;D

I think that's all.

Btw Janus, Kamisama no memo chou and Idolm@ster those are in the gray area for me (Idolm@ster is half-way in the black). I will see it but only the 1st episodes because. Idolm@ster it will be probably based on the video game and I'm sure that there was an other Idolm@ster anime that I watched that I didn't like. Idolm@ster Xenoglossia

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:47:40 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 04:15:09 AM »
I can't believe u didn't list "The World God Only Knows" up there.

These past few weeks I started:

1. A-Channel (finish tomorrow, reminds me of Lucky Star)

2. Ao no Exorcist (reasonably good)

3. (Finished) Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (We still don't know the name of the flower we say that day) (PS... we never will >.>) (A Treasure)

4. C (A Treasure, finishing tomorrow)

5. Deadman Wonderland (A Treasure)

6. Digimon Xros Wars (aka Gurren Lagann parody)

7. Fairy Tail (aka One Piece rip off :p)

8. Gosick (As FallinG said)

9. Hidan no Aria (Rie Kugimiya ftw)

10. The World God Only Knows II (Masterpiece, which is above Treasure)

11. Maria Holic Alive (cause I watched the first one >.>)

12. Moshidora (BASEBALL)

13. Steins Gate (TIME TRAVEL YAY)

14. YuGiOh ZeXal (Card games IN SPACE!!! .... not really...)

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 04:32:13 AM »
Indeed, I forgot to put The World God Only Knows and Maria Holic: Alive.
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 07:55:52 AM »
I know what we are missing here, Toaru Majutsu no Index III. I beg you J.C. Staff, make it happen |:(

▲
▲ ▲

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 10:39:25 AM »
This summer (from that list), I'll only watch the Maria Holic Alive special.

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »
What I've been watching:
Ano Hi Mita Hana...
Awesome show from what I've seen of it. Has many humorous parts and is also very touching.

Haven't seen much of this, but was really good from what I've seen so far.

Dog Days
This one was interesting. When I started it I was expecting it to be more serious but after watching an episode it's pretty riddiculous. It's enjoyable enough for me to keep watching (especially with the Mizuki Nana opening song), but not great.

Hanasaku Iroha
Awesome show. 'Nuff said. xP

Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi
Really really like the art in this show. Has interesting enough characters and some really funny moments.
Definitely worth watching.

Hyouge Mono
I've only seen a few episodes of this mainly because it's so hard for me to understand the old Japanese x.x
It seems interesting, but I really wish I could understand more of it. The manga of it that I have helps a lot though.

Urusei Yatsura (no need to say anything about this show xP)
I'm on episode 92 now. Just over 100 episodes left! xD

What I just started
Idolm@ster
Watched the first 2 eps and decent show so far. The first episode is set up like a VN where whenever the person "you are" talks there's no voice but everyone else is voiced and then after the first episode it's normal. It's great if you like Idolm@ster at all.

What I will watch:
Mirai Nikki
Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Tamayura ~Hitotose~
"There are many worlds, but they share the same sky -- One sky, one destiny."

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:32:36 PM »
I want to watch Steins Gate but its not available in England on crunchyroll. There is this guy hitch that looks at anime as its coming out http://www.desudesbrigade.com/shows/hitch/season-impressions/ and there is this other guy MasakoX http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/tfstar/masakox/anif
She/her