Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:08:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 36
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Author Topic: Anime Vs Cartoons  (Read 20508 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: Anime Vs Cartoons
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2010, 06:52:35 AM »
You'll notice that in contradiction to noting it as a cartoon in the Plot section, I had earlier used it in the Character section as a demonstration of Chibi Form XD

It was hard thinking of a cartoon that actually did have plot though. I figured since most people think Avatar is a cartoon anyway, it might satisfy them, though I do slightly regret the choice.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2010, 09:32:42 AM »
good video, very informative
there are a few things I wanted to point out, but my brain is not working as it should.
the ones I remember are the facial features like the nose and the mouth are somewhat non existent in a few characters unless, as you stated, they start yelling. but with the nose, you can barely distinguish the nose on a generic anime character unless you see it from a side profile. I want to see your 3rd part too

before I go to sleep I just wanted to show this, so it could be added for discussion later

『Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt』予告PV
Seriously Gainax
from the legendary Eva to the great gurren lagann to
the the cute and and funny Hanamaru Youchien
and now this??
the anime called my attention for a while because of the art style. but now that I see that Gir is....I mean Chuck is there as a mascot, I want to see how this turns out in this coming season.
read the comments in this video on youtube to see if your videos relate to this
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 09:49:17 AM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2010, 04:50:28 PM »
Well I can say that if I had known about that a year ago, I probably could have used it in some way for the movie 0.0

Anyways, art 3 is finally up :D

Anime Versus Cartoons (Part 3 of 3)

This is probably the most entertaining part of the movie since it has some actual entertainment scenes in it which u will see.

Next Week I will be releasing the bloopers from the opening the sequence to the movie.

The Week after, I will release the bloopers from the movie itself.

Then in October, I plan on releasing... our Web Series! "Hyaku Anime Laws" :D

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2010, 05:05:38 PM »
@ janus
Powerpuff Girls Z is what that anime reminds me...

Speaking of that... Powerpuff Girls anime version...
"Demashita! Power Puff Girls Z!" Ops and Eds [All/Textless]
Powerpuff Girls Z Group Transformation

Powerpuff Girls cartoon version...
Powerpuff Girls - Theme (HQ)

I think this is enough to see the differences... XD
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2010, 06:01:11 PM »
Damn you, you just rendered our 40 minute movie useless XD

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2010, 06:13:11 PM »
ah yes, the Powerpuff girls z,
I've watched a part of it before, by that point I didn't find it interesting. The jpop songs are all really catchy, I wonder why cartoon network in the United States still hasn't picked this up.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:20:40 PM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2010, 06:51:46 PM »
Now that we have our first project uploaded to youtube, we need to get our channel's popularity up and it would help us a lot if it got more subscriptions/friends and if we could get our friends to show the videos to other people, so I'm asking for help here first.

In just a month, our series project is going to debut and it's important that people are already aware of us in some way to get views on that project up. I'd hate to have already filmed 12 episodes and have no one watching them when uploaded.

So I'll ask again if we could get your help to increase our popularity, please.

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
@urusei dude i'll totally help pitch in what can I do to help?

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
subscriptions to the channel and friend requests (because according to youtuber users these are SO important :\ )

Anything that would help get our channel known like showing the movie to other people who wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

I've never tried to popularize  channel before so I don't know what works best.

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2010, 04:45:15 AM »
ok I'm going to friend request and subscribe to you and press the "like button" on your three videos segments, although I almost never do it. you should add a crazy amount of tags to your video, that is how it usually works
Edit:  ohh and ahh... don't "like" your own videos, its kind of sad when you do
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 04:57:20 AM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2010, 05:55:56 AM »
Adding crazy amount of tags is also sad and more noticable to others than liking own video.

Thanks for ur support :D

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2010, 11:07:57 AM »
first off I have to say: They don't do them as they used to...
second of all, why Family Guy??
I made a similar research a while back, and I wish I had those links with me right now
but there are a few things I want to consider

in terms of realism, animators pay too much detail to breasts, the main focus are details and/or physics, many times exaggerating it like water balloons 

you may say cartoons have stable hair but what about homer simpson? he has had the most frequent shifting strands of hair in cartoon history. with anime, many characters have hair that either defy gravity or have used too much hairspray. marge simpson does not count since she has a similar high top/eraser head haircut, bart and lisa are another story.

yeah, there is a reason why doesn't action genre does not apply

if you are talking about backgrounds
 manga, with certain scenes and action sequences backgrounds are non-existent especially in 4koma (4 panel)
(lum kick attack very effective)

and have you seen 80s-90s disney cartoons like snow white? backgrounds very rich in detail although a bit blurry

something nice to add to the mix would be simba from lion king vs kimba the white lion

and how cartoons and anime have one thing in common but not completely true: Korean in-between animators

and the final point to be considered is how terrible animation has become, like how anime is still being drawn frame by frame and how anime cut many frames and where cartoons flashplayer-like animations or 3d cg

well this wouldn't be a discussion if there weren't contradicting points :P

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2010, 06:19:14 PM »
"They don't do them as they used to"

Do what? draw cartoons?

Family guy wasn't the only source I used btw. I used several others, but Family Guy might have been used more cause I knew it had the clips/pictures I wanted or other such reasons.

When does Homer's hair strands move? 0.0

We said at the beginning that we would not discuss MOVIES and the reason why (we hadn't said this but) is, in my opinion, there is a bigger budget and you are making one movie instead of possibly 20+ episodes, so you can afford the additional detail and such.

You'll also notice that the Simpsons Movie had the type of shadowing that was discussed and that such shadowing is also used for portrait pictures for Simpsons and Family Guy, simply because it was affordable at the time (again, in my opinion).

I would have included that in the discussion, but the movie was already 40+ minutes. You'd be surprised how much I actually CUT from the clips that were filmed.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2010, 01:33:51 AM »
Action hero cartoons... can be said it has almost the same qualities as anime... mostly because of the simple fact that they originate from comic books. There's lots of hours spent creating them...

There's one thing that I agree and yet don't agree at the same time. I'm talking about the OP/ED songs and "clips".
It's true that cartoons almost always use the same song and stuff... but that is only because of marketing. If you watch just 2 episodes of the Simpsons... or American Dad (both musics are stuck on my head) its all you need to next time you are in the bathroom, you will find yourself singing it.
And for example America as a long tradition in that field... and it always worked.

Now animes they have all that fancy OP and ED but that's almost for the same reason as cartoons... marketing. Even some animes are used as marketing tools to promote the manga. Even the use of professional singers, bands or composers is all just simple marketing.

I'll add more stuff as I review the videos.
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2010, 01:53:49 AM »
Umm, what did you disagree with? XD

You pretty much said "yes they are different, but here's why each does it their way..."

Although I didn't mention this, a lot of the times when anime themes DO include scenes from episodes, it is often scenes from the current episode that is being watched, kinda like a preview :D