Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:02:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 28
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Author Topic: For the Relationship Challenged  (Read 22159 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: For the Relationship Challenged
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2010, 03:26:47 AM »
Or maybe not being able to talk to her that much means you might have to meet some new people.

Don't wanna -.-

(Give up after all this? You're crazy ;p)

I tried starting a convo using Facebook's chat once, after her second comment she went offline o.o

Either that or my internet connection did something (I was underground) either way I was unlucky.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2010, 04:14:03 PM »
Don't get your hopes up on internet "friends".

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2010, 04:37:55 PM »
What does that mean? o.o

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2010, 12:53:43 PM »
First of all, writting is really insecure. What does this mean? It means that we're never sure how that person meant what he/she said. Is he/she serious, being ironic, joking around, unsure?

Second of all, you never know who you're talking to, online.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »
I met this person in real life, not over the internet o.o

Although I think that insecurity part is why I try not to talk to her too much over facebook, and possibly why she doesn't say anything to me either.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2010, 07:05:53 PM »
I misunderstood what you said. Sorry.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »
It's okay, the recent comments were about facebook so it seems easy to get confused.

Hmm.... Less than a month left...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2010, 04:16:41 AM »
I've basically got two weeks left but none of you have really given me an answer. I think maybe I asked the wrong way, I'm not looking for advice on how to approach her, I want to know my chances that she actually LIKES me.

More recently, about one week ago, for the first time ever she actually posted on my wall/commented on my post. I was fairly surprised and we basically ended up having a wall post conversation for about 8 posts.

Also, she gave me birthday wishes a few days ago on my birthday. Actually, she was the FIRST person to give me birthday wishes 0.0 at 12:14am in the morning (why do people stay up so late, I go to bed at like... 10pm...)

I've been looking at some "tips" online and almost all of them included something like "if she laughs at your jokes." Granted my memory is a little fady now, but I'm pretty sure she laughed at a lot of the things I said... and I'm not funny... I'm sarcastic, but not a comedy genius.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2010, 01:08:08 AM »
"I want to know my chances that she actually likes me"

You can either ask her or ask someone who actually knows it besides her.

One thing is giving advice on how to approach people but it's totally different when it comes to the "how do I know if she likes me?", especially when it comes to people we don't know and can't really see.

One someone drops a pen and someone else picks it up for them with a great smile, it may mean that there's some interest or that it's really good to help others. Do you get what I'm saying? It's all about interpretation, which is way more difficult in "writting". If there are no smileys, you may misunderstand irony or jokes for serious conversations. Besides, how can you transmit "I like you. A lot" online without typing "I like you" for real? Are you ready to type it? No? What if she isn't? How are you going to know, then?

Personally... tell her how you feel. Then, we'll see what happens next. If you don't say it, you'll never get the answer your looking for and you'll just keep wondering things and searching for help that no one can actually give you except yourself.

Just be ready for whatever her answer may be but don't stress too much, either.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2010, 02:10:52 AM »
"Personally... tell her how you feel."

Considering I already asked her out once, she should know exactly how I feel -.-

The problem was she didn't give me an actual answer, she just said that she was leaving the following week, for college (and she is returning in about two weeks).

And it's not like I can ask her out again or tell her I like her before then, cause I would have to do it over the internet which I'm pretty sure is a really bad idea.

I feel like I'm in a no-win situation at the moment T_T

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
Why is it bad online? If she says "no", wouldn't you be saving time and money on someone who doesn't care as much as you and wouldn't she save dumb excuses to not go out with you?

Well I do get why you say online is out of the question but you can ask it in a less straight forward way. If you are close, try to figure out her interest for guys.

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2010, 06:13:19 PM »
If it's online, just go with something like "We should have lunch when you're here" or something like that.
If she gives an early date, it may be an indication that she's interested in seeing you, but the rest you'll have to find out yourself (if it's just as a friend or more).
From that, just keep inviting her after the first "date".

Finally, don't do anything I said. xD
Although I've been told I give good relationship advices, I've been single all my life, so I'm not really sure about that... >_<
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:17:26 PM by Kroptik »
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2010, 07:44:50 PM »
Well, just a little while ago, I got to talk to her over facebook's messenger (it's hard to catch her when she's online).

Overall, I'm going to meet her today so she can return the text book that I lent her 4 months ago.

I'll try asking her out again but... I feel my odds aren't too great...

She sounds really busy (she wants to meet at 5:45 and then she has some christmas thing at 6:00) She's also taking 6 courses the up-coming semester 0.0

She said she might not be working at SakMe anymore, so I'm afraid this might be the last time I actually get to meet with her.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2010, 11:26:16 AM »
I think you're overreacting. You guys may still meet each other after she quits her job. I'm only 3 times a year with this group of friends and we still see each other every year. =)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2010, 06:46:22 AM »
Okay, so I went to the meeting spot. She was about 10 minutes late but I don't think I said anything.

She had gifts prepared for me and my cousin, in addition to the text book she had to return. Small gifts, candy for me and body/spray lotion for my cousin.

After she gave me the bag, I brought up the last time (where I asked if we could go out sometime)

She said that her "answer would be yes" :)

However, this was just before christmas so she suggested to wait until after the holidays, and once school has settled in.

So in short, I think we're going to go out, I just don't know when... or where...

I believe some schools are starting up again next week, but my classes (personally) don't started until the 10th. When should I talk to her again to schedule?

My personal schedule pretty much takes up Monday to Friday for me, unless I want to be out during the night.

Oh, and me and my cousin also need to get a gift for her before then because she got us stuff. About $20 or so, but I don't know what :S