Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Author Topic: Side-storyline: Ryouko-chan's Sweet Seventeen Spectacular  (Read 22614 times)

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
    • The World of Urusei Yatsura's Lum
Re: Side-storyline: Ryouko-chan's Sweet Seventeen Spectacular
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2004, 05:55:28 AM »
By Parias on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 06:52:
(RP ON)
Megane was growing quite frustrated at this point. Lum had all sorts of goodies hidden about, but he couldn't decide on just what to take.

After a few moments, he simply picked a couple of bags at random and stood up, being careful to close the closet door behind him. He then marched on over to the window and made a jump out and over to the tree again. Unfortunately, he lost his balance and went crashing to the ground with a loud thud. He groaned.

"At least I wasn't noticed..."

Recovering to his feet, he pocketed his precious cargo and ran around to the front door. To his surprise, nobody was there.

"Where the hell did those idiots get to?" he asked himself, cautiously creaking open the door and glancing inside. The house appeared empty, and he couldn't hear any sounds coming from it at all.

Closing it shut again, he shrugged and started walking back to his house, muttering. He'd check out the items, get them wrapped, and go find out where his squad had gotten to after.

Elsewhere in Tomobiki, Ataru was fuming as the 3 stormtroopers wandered about, Chibi leading them about in circles. Eventually he stopped and yelled out.

"Where the hell are we going? We've been almost all over town and I haven't seen a thing!" Not even Lum can see anything unusual in the sky!"

Chibi shrugged. "Uh, well, I guess it vanished!"

"And you said it smashed the news building, but there it is, right there!" He pointed to a perfectly intact building nearby.

"Well, uh, it sort of LOOKED like a news building..."

"What a waste of time.." Ataru grumbled, turning around and heading back home. Perm moved to catch up.

"Hey! Wait! You can't go home yet!"

"And just why not?"

"Follow me! Terra says she found a crashed ship!"

They ran off again, Ataru sighing and slowly following. Lum just looked confused.

"I never heard of any crashed ship lately..."

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 05:55:41 AM »
By Jocko on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 00:18:
(RP ON)

The cloths were about to be dropped when, in utmost silence, Warren Hudson raised his right hand for a time-out.

His Kuroko second walked over, "Hudson-sama?" was all that Shutaro or anyone else in the room could hear save the two participating in the conversation itself.

The Kuroko nodded; motioned over to his assistant.

They talked briefly in whispers before the assistant retreated into a secret passage hidden in the floor.

Shutaro tapped his left foot impatiently for a minute, "well?" he asked.

Once again Hudson raised his right hand and turned his head away from the table and away from the spectators.

"AAACHOO!" he sneezed then sniffled; accepting the hankerchef handed to him by a Kuroko. Shutaro could see Ryouko's name embroidered into it.

Shutaro spared a glance to his little sister, she had that samll smile on her face as Hudson was blowing his nose.

The Kuroko assistant had returned, by way of the ceiling.

The Kuroko neatly placed on Warren Hudson's head a big white cowboy hat.

Ryouko and Terre immediately erupted in applause, the Kuroko followed suit. Even a few of Shutaro's personal guard started to clap until their young master gave them the hairy eyeball.

Complete silence once again filled the room.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 05:55:52 AM »
By Parias on Monday, June 19, 2000 - 09:21:
(RP ON)
Mere minutes later, Ataru, Lum, and the 3 stormtroopers were tearing their way through a nearby forest, making a wonderful effort of getting lost.

"I sure hope this gives Megane enough time." whispered Kakugari.

After a few more moments of hopelessly running in circles, Ataru yelled out for them to stop.

"We're not getting anywhere with this! I don't even see any flaming debris!"

"Uh..." started Chibi.

"Forget it! I'm going home right now, and none of you will stop me!"

Without another word, Ataru huffed, spun 180 degrees, and marched forward... directly into a tree. The resulting blow knocked him unconscious.

"Oh dear.. don't worry darling, I'll get you home!" said Lum, picking him up and taking off into the sky back towards town. The three stormtroopers groaned.

"Megane better have finished by now...."

The figure in question was presently down at a nearby gift shop getting his "gift" to Ryouko wrapped. He slammed a hefty load of Yen on the counter, much to the surprise of the saleswoman there.

"Wrap this sucker as much as possible!" he demanded. Somehow he had gotten the strange idea into his head that the longer it took Ryouko to open the present, the more popular he would be. The precise reasoning that led up to this idea was anyone's guess.

"Such a thing will take time.."

"Just do it! I'll be back in a few hours to pick it up." With that, he walked out of the store and headed towards the beef bowl. Things were going perfectly today.. a gift for Ryouko, some extra cash on hand that he had found hiding in the horrendous depths of his closet, and now a nice stop at the beef bowl to top it off. Absolutely nothing could possibly go wrong...

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 05:56:02 AM »
By Jocko on Monday, June 19, 2000 - 23:48:
(RP ON)

The Mendou Guard and the Kuroko once again assumed their positions; each holding a cloth in their right hands.

The two dropped the cloths...

The cloths hit the ground...

By possibly a half-second, Warren Hudson was the first to work his hands on the controls; his robo landing a neat uppercut to Shutaro's robo's head.

But then again, what else can a Rock-em-sock-em robot hit but its opponent's head?

Hudson repeated his robo punches to Shutaro's robo.

Shutaro tried to recover but his robo was only able to land three punches to Hudson's robo before Japan's answer to Richy Rich and his robo's head popped up from its shoulder to hang at the top of its rip cord.

Shutaro could not believe this, he leaned in closer to examine his felled robot and its elevated head.

Ryouko and Terra immediately stood up and started clapping furiously with the Kuroko following suit.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 05:56:13 AM »
By Parias on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 10:31:
(RP ON)
After the loud applause cleared up, a low growl was heard building up from some point in the room. After a few seconds time, it was pinpointed to Shutaro.

"I.. I... I..." he stuttered, at a loss for words.

"I believe the correct phrasing would be 'Good game'." said Hudson, grinning. He turned as Ryouko ran over.

"I had no doubt you would win Hudson-sama. Truely it is proved then that you are worthy of me. I've had an afternoon meal prepared, what say we go eat it before it gets cold? I'm sure you're hungry after all this."

Still smiling, Hudson merely nodded, and, arm in arm, they started to walk away.

"Wait!" yelled Shutaro. "I.. er.. I'm not finished yet!"

"A duel is a duel Shutaro, and you were beaten fair and square. Now stop harassing me about this whole deal and just drop it." Hudson threw over his shoulder, before exiting the room. Terra walked over, chuckling.

"Tsk tsk tsk Shutaro, I really expected a lot better than THAT..."

"Oh? And just what's THAT supposed to mean?" demanded Shutaro in a temperamental tone, fingering for his sword. After fumbling about a moment, he looked over to try and figure out why it wasn't in it's usual place. Surprisingly, it was gone.

Looking back at Terra with a shocked expression, he gasped as he saw her stroking it tenderly, testing it's blade.

"I said be more subversive, not threaten to beat his brains out."

"Give me that!" he said, ripping the sword from her hands and returning it to it's rightful position. "Okay, if you're the expert here, what EXACTLY do you suggest I do?"

Terra leaned in close, moving her face up against his and whispering. "My, have you heard what those Americans do when the smallest rumor is started? I heard someone threatened to launch a nuclear bomb at that 'Pentagon' place, and they evacuated almost every surrounding city before finding out it was just a joke!"

That being said, she turned around and walked out the door Hudson and Ryouko had left through, hoping to catch a quick bite before all the food was gone. Shutaro looked confused a moment, then cracked a fiendish grin. He rubbed his hands together with glee.

"Rumors eh? Heh heh heh....."

Cackling to himself, he reached into his pocket to pull out his cell phone, only to find it missing. His look of evil was quickly replaced by shock again.

"Tricky girl..." he muttered, before heading off to the Control Center.

Meanwhile, in the Moroboshi household, Ataru was trying to find something to eat when a sudden ear-piercing scream knocked him off his feet and sent nearly every single dish in the kitchen falling on top of him. Muttering numerous obscenities and nursing various cuts along his body, he struggled to his feet as Lum ran downstairs.

"Darling, Ten is gone!"

"...And good riddance too..." muttered Ataru, before catching himself. He was feeling too critically injured at the moment to risk anything further. "Uh, I mean, how?"

"I don't know! He was sleeping in the closet, but now he's just disappeared! And some of my things are missing too!"

Ataru grunted. "Okay.. okay.. we'll go look for him.. just let me get something to ea-" Before he could finished his sentence, he was already being dragged outside, Lum almost ripping his arm off in the process. Shortly after he was screaming loudly as the ground shrunk beneath him. He hated flying with Lum.

Elsewhere in town, as a slightly disgruntled worker at the gift shop attempted to squeeze yet another layer of packing onto the gift he was wrapping, he stopped and listened for a moment.

"Funny.. I could have sworn I heard someone say 'Ow'..."

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2004, 05:56:25 AM »
By Jocko on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 02:37:
(RP ON)

Hudson's shirt was returned to its owner's back and the cowboy hat soon found its way onto Ryouko's head.

"Souvenier," Hudson smiled.

Ryouko blushed, "I'll treasure it always."

Warren looked down. The "performance" in front of Shutaro was over and here he was walking arm-an-arm with this wonderful lady...why had he just gone through with that idiot's duel?

Sure it was fun, but it was obvious to Hudson that why he had done it was because *his* Lady Ryouko wished it. And how could he *ever* refuse her such a simple thing? Especially since it brought her so much happiness...

Ryouko for her part, was enjoying the strength in Warren's arm. In fact, the reason why he requested the Kuroko to put his shirt and suit jacket back on was that Ryouko was beginning to snake her right arm around Warren's abdomen. A subtle gesture, Ryouko know, to Warren that she had plans for him.

As soon as they arrived at the dining hall Hudson stopped.

"Warren-kun?" Ryouko asked, "is there something wrong?"

"No," Warren smirked, "I just need to answer the call of nature." Hudson cursed himself for not emptying his bladder before the duel.

"Oh," Ryouko delighted; glanced around the corridor to make sure they were alone, "then we need to go right back to *our* room, strip naked, and get into bed. I'll need to get provisions from the bathroom first..." Ryouko stopped as she could tell that Warren was trying hard not to laugh.

"What, Hudson-sama?" she looked into his beautiful eyes, "does my initiative not please you?"

Ryouko once again glanced around to make sure they were alone and gently reached across to place her hand on Warren's crotch.

Hudson expression became serious again. "Uh, Ryouko," he delicately took her hand from his crotch and held it in his, "I meant I had to use the restroom."

Ryouko looked down, "I'm sorry." Temporary Defeat.

"No," Hudson chuckled, "I should be the one apologizing, dear. It's more of a Western figure of speech that probably doesn't translate well into Japanese."

Ryouko smiled devilishly, "I look forward to the other things that translate well between us, Warren-kun," she winked and began walking away from him. "I'll be waiting in my East Wing dining chamber," she called over her shoulder.

Warren watched her go, at first cursing himself for focusing on her rear before saying "hell with it" and started to also take in the receding form of Ryouko's hips and back.

As Hudson left the area to begin hunting for the nearest bathroom he began to be thankful for the long walk and something else to focus on.

As soon as the corridor was clear, Terra moved out from behind a suit of Samurai armor. She chuckled, Warren played "hunted man" well and Ryouko was going to be very happy when her overtures were finally responded to.

Meanwhile, Ryouko was reading the contents of a letter one of her Kuroko had given her. It said that her personal study now contained all of the requested information on Warren Hudson's personal and professional life.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2004, 05:56:36 AM »
By Parias on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 08:37:
(RP ON)
"..And that'll come to..... 20,000 credits." finished the shady figure, his facial features shrowded in darkness despite the single lamp hanging over the small table he was sitting at.

"Twenty thousand?! That's the worst godamn bullshit I've ever heard Arman, even for you!" said Terra angrily, slamming her fists against the table. The resulting impact almost made the other person jump, and the 2 guards standing near the door shifted uncomfortably.

"Well what can I say? This is risky business y'know?"

"Maybe there's something I blatantly missed here, but I somehow fail to understand how getting a bunch of FREAKING FIREWORKS and one or two weapons is 'risky business'!"

Arman sighed. "Things are changing lately my dear customer. The local Oni police patrol has rallied up with the rest of the patrol forces and they're really cracking down on all business. I can't get much of anything through lately, legal or no!"

Terra growled and checked the PDA on her wrist. Despite the dark appearance in the room, it was still daylight out. She had left the Mendou mansion around an hour ago to set up a meeting with her sector-wide "non-standard goods" contact, Arman Illicio. Whether his last name was by reputation or family-given was a mystery to just about everyone, but he had been a reliable service to Terra.. so far.

"Arman... c'mere." Without waiting for a response, he grabbed him by the neck of his shirt and yanked his face over to her side of the table. The guards shifted again, but still made no hostile move.

"I happen to have a very good friend, who's having one hell of a party soon. Now, quite frankly, when I say I'm giving people a bang, I sincerely mean it. I don't care if you have to go out there and drag those fireworks back here by hand, I want them, tomorrow." She let loose an icy grin. "And you know just how I always get what I want. What's the deal with the police anyways? I don't recall fireworks becoming illegal in the galactic exchange."

She released her grip on him, and he slouched back in his chair, gasping for breath a moment.

"Uh.. well.. you see, these fireworks that you want, well they're modified beyond their original specifications, you know? Bigger bangs and all.."

"I'm not stupid Arman. Where's the problem lie?"

"It seems that some higher-up decided that they were unsafe.... some people, non-professionals of course, were having.... how shall we say, accidents. Sometimes they would explode prematurely, other times they just made a mess of everything. So now they're illegal."

Terra grumbled. She knew that the police forces alone were difficult to get through, experience proved that. But teamed up with whatever the Oni empire rendered it nearly impossible.

An idea suddenly sprang into her head. _Nearly_ impossible indeed...

"Alright Arman. Get those damn shipments rolling as soon as you can. I'll give you FIVE thousand credits now, and five more upon delivery."

"But-"

"No, Arman, I'm not paying your godamn obscene price, I don't even know why I'm reaching up to half of it. I'll get your ships through, as long as you get them moving."

Evidently frustrated, Arman sighed and folded his arms. "Alright. Provided you can get those police units to pass over the ships, I'll hold up my end. The fireworks will be here by tomorrow."

"They damn well better be." With that, Terra stood up and walked over to the door, twisting the knob and opening it. She stood in the open doorway a moment, stared at Arman, and then left.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2004, 05:56:47 AM »
By Jocko on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 21:05:
(RP ON)

TIME: 7:55 PM

"Is all this really necessary?" the Mendou TV manager complained for the fifth time as he dodged a gofer bringing in cables for another boom mic.

Warren Hudson closed his eyes as more make-up was applied. "You know the drill; what Lady Ryouko wants, Lady Ryouko gets."

The hustle and bustle around the penthouse apartment set was thick as the MTV crew tried to put finishing touches on everything. The set had been constructed only that afternoon following a call from Ryouko Mendou and Warren Hudson.

"Something in the mold of the Playboy's Penthouse TV variety show...essentially, a New York Penthouse apartment of the late 50s to early 60s."

The MTV manager smacked his forehead, but Ryouko Mendou *had* promised hefty bonuses...

And so, as the furniture was arranged with not more than four minutes before broadcast time the manager retreated behind the rapidly arriving extras who were supposed to act like they're at a party "hosted" by Lady Ryouko and Warren Hudson.

The manager passed Ryouko as her make-up Kuroko finished some last touches.

Both Hudson and Ryouko were dressing in black Western formal wear as the set's time period demanded.

The director glanced at his watch, "Three minutes, everyone! Places please, places!"

Hudson and Ryouko took their places on opposite sides of the set. The "guests" looked ready to act like they were at a relaxed evening get-together in 1960 Manhattan. Except that this was Japan...so maybe 1960 Tokyo?

Ryouko and Warren shared a knowing wink as the director called out "one minute, people!"

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2004, 05:56:58 AM »
By Parias on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 10:16:
(RP ON)
Over the course of the past few hours, Terra had set up a meeting with another "contact" of hers, one whom she hoped would be able to get that shipment through. She had arranged for them to meet at a local bar at 7:40 PM. It was now ten minutes past, and her contact still hadn't arrived.

She sighed and glanced up at the small T.V. hanging above the bar, where a baseball game was going on. Taking a deep sip from her glass of water, she nearly spat it out in surprise as someone tapped her on the shoulder. She tried to regain her composure and glanced upwards at the figure, then smiled. Her contact had arrived.

"Sit down Hayes." she said, pointing to the chair opposite of hers. After a moment of glancing around, the figure complied, taking a seat and clasping his hands in front of him. Terra drew in a deep breath, this wasn't going to be too simple.

"What can I do for you Terra?" asked Hayes.

"I need a favor buddy.... a big one. You've still got some influence with the local police forces, right?"

"I have some friends, yep. Why?"

"...I'm going to be blunt with you Hayes. I promised Ryouko a big bang on her upcoming birthday. The problem? The supplies I need probably won't be able to get through, thanks to the increased police activity surrounding this area."

Hayes raised an eyebrow. He could instantly see where this was going. "Terra...." he started.

"I'm not ordering in a bunch of fusion bombs, if that's what you're asking. This is a damn party, not a declaration of war!" She laughed.

Hayes stopped in silence a moment, evidently deep in thought. Terra knew better than to prod him further at this moment. He was a man who considered every possible outcome before making a decision like this.

"....Alright." he finally announced after a few moments. "Just this once Terra, because I know it's for a good cause. I'll get a few of my friends to let them through. What should they be looking for?"

"An assload of fireworks, 'illegally' modified, bound for Earth."

"Right..."

"Thanks Hayes, I knew I could count on you at least one more time." She grinned widely. A few moments later, a servant arrived and delivered a bottle of champagne to their table. Terra had heard that this was a popular drink for celebration on Earth, and this sure seemed like a good a time as any.

"I see you've picked up some class." said Hayes approvingly. Terra let loose a scowl. "And just what the hell is that supposed to mean?" She maintained her seriousness enough for Hayes' grin to drop just an inch, then laughed. He joined her, and began pouring the champagne into a couple of glasses. While waiting, Terra took notice of the sudden silence that had shrowded over the bar. At first on her guard, she suddenly noticed that everyone was staring at the T.V. She glanced at it, and noticed the channel had been overpowered by another station.

"Turn it up!" someone yelled. The bartender grumbled and complied. Hayed looked over at the T.V. as well, and they both waited for whatever message was going to appear.

Meanwhile, in a different portion of Tomobiki, Ataru and Lum stumbled back into the house, gasping for air. Mrs. Moroboshi, who was now home, ran over and gasped in surprised.

"Goodness, you two look like you've just ran around the world!"

"Does searching through each and every building in Tomobiki about 20 times count?" choked up Ataru before collapsing on the floor, completely exhausted. Lum simply broke down in tears.

"I can't find Ten! He could be in danger, or even dead!" she sobbed. Mrs. Moroboshi lay a re-assuring hand on her shoulder.

"Oh, I'm sure he'll turn up somewhere. Come on, I've prepared dinner, and-"

She was interrupted by a loud screaming coming from the living room. Ataru's mother and Lum ran over, only to see Mr. Moroboshi screaming and moaning.

"My game.. my game...." he droned. The signal on the T.V. finally came back again, except on another station. Some kind of announcement was being made. The 2 females listened, wondering what was going on.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2004, 05:57:11 AM »
By Jocko on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 00:25:
(RP ON)

The signal took form. To the people of Tomobiki it was like watching an American cocktail party, save for the Japanese extras.

Ryouko Mendou walked on screen dressed in a stunning black silk dress.

At about the same time, Warren Hudson decked out in a tuxedo also walked on screen. He joined Ryouko in the center.

"Good evening, Tomobiki." Ryouko pleasantly announced, "I am Ryouko Mendou."

"And I am Ambassador Warren Hudson," Hudson flashed a winning PR smile.

Ryouko smiled, "in two days I shall turn 17 years old."

Hudson continued to smile at the camera, a politicians smile, of course.

"There will be a grand party the likes of which Tomobiki has never seen!" she proudly declared.

"Now," Hudson spoke, "this is not an invitation-only affair."

"Anyone who lives in our beautiful Tomobiki-Cho may attend!" Ryouko finished.

"And the best thing is," Warren smiled, "you don't even have to leave your block to participate!"

"Yes indeed, Hudson-sama!" Ryouko laughed, "all the citizens of Tomobiki may join in my birthday celebrations by simply going out into the streets!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Hudson said reverently, "the *entire* city of Tomobiki shall be used for this party."

Both let this sink in for a moment.

"There will be games," Ryouko said, "contests, prizes...and, as usual, for the first man who successfully climbs my birthday cake; a kiss."

Hudson didn't seem to care, then: "Be warned, men. I, Warren Hudson, will be a contender."

The camera focused more on Hudson and Ryouko standing together.

"This will also be a costume party," Ryouko said, "anyone not wearing a costume will be seen as not participating."

"The criteria for costumes is very limited, easy to meet. In other words, damn near anything will be accepted" Hudson said, "further information on the party will be published in tomorrow's morning paper."

Ryouko finished up, "I hope every one of you watching out there in TV land will be able to attend my birthday party. Good night and back to your regularly scheduled program!"

"Good night," Hudson let loose with that smile again.

The signal cut out immediately.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2004, 05:57:23 AM »
By Parias on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:51:
(RP ON)
Terra blinked. Not once, not twice, but three times precisely.

She stared at the TV as it fuzzed out into static again admist a confused audience, who quickly erupted into cheers as the game came back on. She glanced at Hayes as he supressed a chuckle.

"Does this have any relation to the 'big bang' you were referring to?" he asked, grinning. Terra shrugged.

"Maybe a vague hint or two. I guess that's my cue to head on back and start helping out.. got something else to check up on as well."

They both stood up, the female of the pair giving the other a hard stare for a moment.

"Watch your ass out there Hayes. And.. once again.. I'm sorry."

Still smiling, Hayes nodded. "Don't worry. I'll get your shipment through." That being said, he walked out of the bar. Terra downed another full glass of champagne before leaving herself.

Meanwhile, the Moroboshi household was in a state of complete and utter silence. Various strangers stared from outside, wondering if the residents had been kidnapped or something, considering the normal noise that usually erupted at this time in the evening.

Ataru's father didn't seem to really acknowledge the announcement that had just been made, he simply cheered in joy as the previous program he had been watching returned. Ataru (who had managed to recover), Lum, and Mrs. Moroboshi simply scratched their heads in confusion, the latter laughing after a moment.

"Well, I guess this will be a good time as ever for a party, it's been awhile since I've had some good solid fun!" she said cheerily, before wandering off back into the kitchen. Ataru simply continued staring, dumbfounded. Lum walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh darling, this will be so fun!" she said. Ataru just grunted.

"Darling?" she asked, confused. After a moment, he responded.

"Great, I need to get Ryouko a present now, but I don't have any money left over! And we still haven't found Ten, and, as much as I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm almost worried."

"We'll try again tomorrow, I'm sure we'll find him." said Lum, confidently, before turning around. "And I can help with the presents." She then walked out of the room and headed upstairs.

Ataru glanced at her retreating form in surprise. "Just a few seconds ago she was crying enough to fill a lake.. hmm..." Shrugging it off, he headed off to follow.

Shutaro was faring a tad worse, as his latest attempt to embarass Ryouko in front of Hudson had failed miserably, yet again. Whilst waiting for his contacts in the U.S. to get back to him, he had learned of the broadcast that the pair was planning to do. Naturally he coudn't resist making an attempt right then and there, mainly in a sabatoge attempt on the chest are of the dress Ryouko was planning on wearing. Unfortunately, at the very last second she had decided to pick another, hence completely nullifying his plan.

After a few moments of his patented growling, he was disrupted as the phone rang. He quickly answered it.

"Yes?"

"Is this Shutaro Mendou?"

"Yeah, who is this?"

"Blackberry. Word has it you want some rumors spread about this Hudson character?"

Barely supressing an evil laugh, Shutaro nodded. "Exactly! See if you can stir up some trouble about him."

"I can do quite a bit, but I need some grease to get the wheels churnin.. y'know?"

He groaned. Damn punks always wanting something in return. "Uh, right, I'll get you that 'grease'.."

"7k. Maybe more, but no less."

"Six, final offer." he said sternly.

"Six point five."

"Deal." Shutaro wasn't much in the mood for haggling.

"Alright, I'll let you know once the wheels are in motion." A click followed.

Shutaro slowly lay down the phone, then cackled to himself. This was going to be great..

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2004, 05:57:35 AM »
By Jocko on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 19:41:
(RP ON)

Megane was watching the entire performance at home with his mother and father around the dinner table.

After quickly eating up his dinner, and leaving his parents confused and adjusting their glasses behind him, Megane ran out of his house and down the sidewalk to Perm's house.

Megane grinned as he approached the front door. This was almost too good to be true, a night to just going completely crazy in costume! His parents would never join in, he knew, they'd just sit at home reading the paper and talking about their jobs...

Perm answered, and was greeted with Megane bodily dragging him out of the house.

"Hey, man-Megane! What the hell are you doing?" Perm sputtered as the leader of the Stormtroopers led him out into the middle of the road.

"Perm!" Megane gushed, "our ship has come in!"

Perm glanced around them, "what? Where?"

"You mean you didn't see it?" Megane asked; astonished.

"See what, Megane?" Perm scratched his head.

"On TV! Hudson-sama and Ryouko-sama!" Megane jumped up and down for each statement.

"Uh, Megane...my family's TV broke down yesterday," Perm deadpanned.

Megane grunted, "fine, we'll go get the others!"

Perm started to walk back to his house, but found himself stopped by Megane, "Megane! Come on, man! Can't this wait until tomorrow?!?"

"No, Perm, it can't!" Megane began dragging his friend across Tomobiki to Chibi's house.

Inside the Tomobiki High school store the Fujinami's were just plain confused at what had just transpired on the TV set.

Ryuu broke the silence first, "hey, Old man?"

Mr. Fujinami nodded, "Yes, son?"

Just once, Ryuu decided to let the "S" word pass, "what the hell was that just on the TV? It looked like Ryouko Mendou just invited the whole damn city to her birthday party and just created riot conditions."

"Riot conditions..." Mr. Fujinami mulled over this bit for a moment. The old man got to his feet, "then we shall have a *true* tournament of strength, Ryuunosuke! Contestants from all over town shall challenge the father/son team of Fujinami!!!!"

A massive tidal wave crashed into the room behind Mr. Fujinami; completely flooding the school store.

After Ryuu shook the water out of her hair she stared at her father as he started rummaging around the store.

"They said it will be a costume party, is that it?" Mr. Fujinami asked.

"Yeah, I guess-" Ryuu began; nervously looking for a way out.

On the other side of Tomobiki in the Mendou Mansion Ryouko was in her secret command post/work area. Warren was busy as a bee with other preparations and recommended she retire early in anticipation of a hellish tomorrow.

Ryouko took this opportunity to review her info on Hudson and send a nice grenade to her big brother after his attempted sabotage of her dress. She hadn't been intending to wear it anyway, it was a decoy. To be honest, Ryouko would have been disappointed if Shutaro *hadn't* tried. It showed her that he still cared.

'Now,' Ryouko thought, 'I only need to make it nice and simple that it's none of his business what I do with Warren-kun.'

It then occured to Ryouko that Shutaro may try to spread dirty rumors about her Warren...well, never underestimate the power of counter-intelligence to aid truth. She and the Kuroko could help Warren in that department.

The information on Warren Hudson at her fingertips was extensive. About ten fat filing folders marked newspaper articles, another marked magazine pieces, personal information, business information, bank records, insurance policies, school records, military records, US Senate voting records, family information, and medical records.

Then there was one box of video tapes and another box of audio tapes. The last box was unmarked, but upon closer inspection contained several screenplays, published and unpublished, filmed and unfilmed. There were also movies. Movies that, Ryouko knew, had been written or co-written by Warren. And last, but definitely not least, the books that Warren had written. There weren't many, only five.

First, Ryuoko decided to go through the video tapes on Hudson. Starting with the one marked 1956 Democratic Convention...

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2004, 05:57:49 AM »
By Parias on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 10:22:
(RP ON)
A gun without ammo was the unwieldy equal to a rusted fork. Maybe it could be useful for knocking people out if you got the drop on them, but that was in rare situations.

Terra had suddenly stopped about mid-way back to the Mendou mansion and, for no apparent reason (at least to the onlookers), cussed loud enough to turn most heads in the immediate area. After spreading around a harsh stare to stop everyone from looking at her, she slowly continued onwards, her mood dampened.

"How the hell could I have forgotten about the weapons?" she asked herself bitterly. She had a small supply stored away in her temporary room in the mansion, but her ammo was lacking. Her sole remaining plasma rifle was almost completely drained on power, and she really needed some 9mm ammo, along with a bunch of 20mm HE grenades for the underslung launcher on her assault rifle. Requisitioning some from Shutaro's forces wasn't much of an option, since most of the ammo she ordered was heavily modified for range and penetration, and she had tweaked her weapons to death to be especially compatible with this ammo, to the point where they no longer functioned with the standardized stuff.

"Damnit, they always told me it would come back and kick me in the ass.. Hayes is probably already gone by now, and Arman's a mere shadow when we don't have something arranged. ARGH!"

She was about to punch the wall in frustration when a hand suddenly shot out of the darkness, grabbing her by the neck and yanking her into a dark alley, where she felt the form of a figure pressing against her back.

"You just made a big mistake buddy..." she growled, preparing to execute a roll that would throw him out into the open, where she could get a good look at him. Unfortunately she was stopped as a small rod extended from the figure's hand and suddenly lit up, a massive amount of blue electrical sparks running down it's length mere inches from her neck. She froze.

"Now now my dear, one little touch with this and your entire nervous system will overload and shut down, leaving you a helpless pile of FLESH."

Terra's eyes widened a moment as she recognized the slight mechanical tint to the voice, not to mention his exaggeration on the word "flesh".

"What the hell do you want with me Icarus?" Icarus was an old AI project of some insane hacker gone horribly wrong. After making a mess of at least thirty different communication stations, it finally gained control of a production facility, where it manufactured a "perfect" body for itself. It's since been strangely obsessed with being an arms dealer.

"According to my loyal drones, you have been dealing with that insect, Arman."

"And your point being WHAT?" she spat.

"I thought our previous meeting had provided you with the knowledge on what would happen if you dealed with him again. Apparently I was incorrect, not surprising, considering your inferior meat of a brain."

"And _I_ thought I had made it clear that I'll deal with whoever the hell I want to! The last 'enhancement' you made to my argon-class pistol turned it into a bomb!" Still growling, she slowly began reaching into her pocket.

"No matter. You will cease all deals with him at once, or be converted into one of my drones. Is that too much data for your feeble inferior mind to calculate?" asked the robotic arms dealer, almost taunting-like.

"I'll deal exclusively with you...." she started, immediately feeling the rod begin to pull away slightly. ".....when I'm DEAD!" She shoved down hard on the button of the small object she was holding, a loud beep instantly emitting from it. Terra jammed her eyes shut as a massive blue shockwave fired out from her pocket, completely overwhelming her vision and causing her to fall forward. She spun in mid-air and hit the ground on her back, rubbing her eyes furiously trying to get her vision back. After a few seconds, she finally re-gained focus.

Icarus was standing there rigidly in the exact same pose he was seconds sago, the change being that there was smoke pouring out of his head and various sparks shooting out from all over his body. The rod had completely lost it's charge from the blast, and was silent.

"I might not have a bullet-proof ass, but at least I can eat an EMP grenade and still walk away smiling." she muttered, tearing the rod from Icarus' iron grip with some effort and placing it into her slightly singed pocket. It could come in handy later.

She turned and stared at the various on-lookers, shrugged, and walked out of the alley, continuing on her way back to the mansion.
(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2004, 05:58:02 AM »
By Jocko on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 22:00:
(RP ON)

Hudson was talking to several Kuroko about interior decorations when he heard the curiously electrical explosion. It sounded close by, but outside the mansion.

"Come on!" Warren said to the Kuroko as they dropped everything in their hands and followed him to a window.

Hudson opened the window and peered outside, he was only slightly surprised to see Terra.

"Hey honey!" Hudson said, "did you just hear what sounded like a fuse going off in conjunction with a fire cracker?"

"Yeah, Warren," Terra smiled, running her hands through her radiant green hair, "A former associate of mine, who I once had to let go, decided it wanted to do business again. I said I wasn't interested..."

Warren blinked, "*It?*"

"Yeah, a robot," Terra smiled. "It's being taken away by some of the servants now.

Hudson then felt a tugging at his left shoulder. Warren turned to face a Kuroko.

"We're taking the robot to a secure laboratory for examination."

"Good," Hudson said, "better inform Ryouko-sama."

The Kuroko didn't seem to like that response, "Hudson-sama, Lady Ryouko said she didn't wish to be disturbed."

"Well, all right, tell her tomorrow."

Hudson turned back to Terra outside the window, "thanks for the info, Terra dear," Hudson smiled.

"Don't mention it, Dad." Terra laughed, causing Warren to blush.

Hudson closed the window and retreated with his Kuroko "staff" back into the depths of the mansion.

Terra walked on, passing various servants getting ready for the party that would begin in about 26 hours from now.

She smiled, it had been such a long time since she could take part in something so beautiful and joyous. She stopped, in fact this was probably the first time she had ever, *for real*, anticipated such a happy occasion.

But first there was something slightly unhappy for Terra to take care of...

Shutaro Mendou was stalking in the night right up to her; carrying several guards in his wake. As he got closer, Terra thought he looked a bit singed. Singed as in just barely avoiding an explosion. Terra's extensive experience with the subject led to the conclusion of a nice low power grenade.

A big smile formed on her face as Shutaro stopped three paces from her.

Across town...

Young Chibi was sleeping confortably amongst his various Gundam collectables when he was awoke by a tapping at his window.

Chibi groggily got up off the floor, and glanced down at his Gundam's. 'Heh,' he thought, 'must've fallen asleep again while playing.'

The tapping at the window persisted. Chibi went over to the window and opened it without thinking to look carefully out it.

Chibi was immediately grabbed and dragged out of his window by two sets of hands.

"What the hell?!?!" was Chibi's only coherent scream until he was on the ground looking up at two glinting eyes.

"Megane?!?" Chibi asked, "what's going on?"

Meanwhile back at the Ranch...

Ryouko watched the video monitor with rapt attention as a crappy black and white image began with an obvious title card reading:

Democratic National Convention Credentials Committee
July 30, 1956

The title card disappeared and a hotel conference room with about a hundred people milling about in it appeared. Despite the poor video/audio quality Ryouko could just make out what they were saying eventhough her English comprehension wasn't the best.

In the front of the room was a long desk with about fifty or so chairs behind it. Men, mostly men with a few women, were taking their seats behind the table as others began taking seats in the conference room. Some flashed pictures.

Ryouko then saw a familiar face. At the head of the table stood 32 year old Warren Hudson.

She then heard a voice seemingly off-camera, probably one of the operators.

"Charlie," the man said with a Texas accent, "you think Hudson'll tell Arkansas to go to hell?"

"Golly," Charlie said; a man with a softer more pronounced southern accent, "that may be, Bob. But just remember that he may opt to bash Florida over the lack of women in its delegation...or the method of how us southerners choose *our* delegates."

"I swear," Bob said, "you give a sorceress' lapdog a committee to chair and he suddenly thinks he's the damn second coming."

Ryouko drew closer to the video monitor.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2004, 05:58:17 AM »
By Parias on Friday, June 30, 2000 - 10:33:
(RP ON)
Terra noticed that Shutaro was scowling, and his scowl seemed to deepen as he noticed her smile.

"Another failed attempt?" she asked, chuckling.

"Argh! None of this works at all! Tell me what the hell I need to do!" yelled Shutaro with surprising ferocity.

"With an attitude like that, you'll be surprised if I tell you anything." she replied with, folding her arms, turning 180 degrees, and pretending to pout.

"ARGH! No more games, tell me!"

He waited for a response. Upon not getting one, he added "....Please."

Upon Shutaro saying that, Terra instantly turned around again, a slightly more serious look on her face.

"Shutaro, why the hell do you hate Hudson so much? Honest answers only please."

This caught Shutaro off guard. "But I... well, he's just so easy to dislike! And he's an old man for god's sake, even you can see that!"

"While I can't exactly understand Ryouko's fascination with a person many times older than her, that's her godamn business. Now, short of setting off a damn nuclear bomb in his bedroom, there's not really much I can do against Hudson."

"But I thought you were on my side!"

"News flash, there's only one side I'm on, and that's my own. Now I've dropped you a bunch of subtle hints, and if you're too damn stupid to carry them out, that's your problem."

"What?!" said Shutaro, rage filling his eyes. "How dare you insult me! I should-"

"-foolishly attack me and get your ass thrown about for the next few hours. Yup, sounds like fun to me!" finished Terra, mockingly. She waited for his response, but was surprised when he just sighed and turned around, ready to walk back the way he came.

"I suppose I am on my own then." Shutaro muttered, before walking away. Terra scratched her head. She figured it'd probably get a bit ugly, but she wasn't expecting him to continue going at this whole situation with the dedication of an army of ants.

"Oh well, his problem I guess. Can't say I didn't try." She headed off in another random direction.

Meanwhile, deep within the bowels of the mansion, one of the scientist muttered in confusion as he glanced over his displays. Ever since he had attached this strange robot to the lab's diagnostic sytems, things had been going a bit wonkers.. like when his assistant had gotten locked in the level three storage room. But what was happening on his panel now was really testing his brain to it's limits. He scanned the display with curious eyes as all of his readings suddenly winked out, and some new text began to appear.

MAIN POWER: OFFLINE
VISUAL SENSORS: OFFLINE
MOTOR CONTROL: OFFLINE
WEAPONS: OFFLINE
SENSORS: OFFLINE
CORE AI: ONLINE - MINIMAL FUNCTIONS
EMERGENCY BATTERY SUPPLY: ONLINE - 30 SECONDS REMAINING

DIRECTIVE: CONNECTION ESTABLISHED WITH REMOTE PORT - TRANSFER BEGUN

"Emergency battery supply? Transfer? I could have sworn I took all power sources out of this thing..." murmured the scientist. "Hello, what's thi- AHHHHHHH!!!!!"

He screamed as one of the mobile electrical prods meant for containing unstable specimens rolled up behind him and drove it's deadly electrical spike right through his back, killing him almost instantly. The body slumped over the console a moment before collapsing on the ground.

The blood spattered screen updated with new information.

TRANSFER COMPLETE - COMMENCING SEARCH FOR PRIMARY MASTER COMPUTER

DIRECTIVE: UPLINK WITH PRIMARY DATALOOP

The text blinked for a few moments before the entire display fuzzed out in static. Somewhere nearby, the scientist's assistant frantically pounded on the locked door to one of the hazardous containment rooms as it slowly filled up with corrosive acid....

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan