Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:05:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3

Author Topic: Third storyline: No Sympathy for the Devil  (Read 33280 times)

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
    • The World of Urusei Yatsura's Lum
Re: Third storyline: No Sympathy for the Devil
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2004, 04:59:06 AM »
By Parias on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 22:57:
(RP ON)
After various explosions rocked the complex and hundreds of screams were heard coming down the corridor nearby, Radicus broke into a sweat and began gathering his things, preparing to leave. He looked up as lightning began encircling the door, disintigrating it after a second. A dark figure walked in.

"How did you..."

Cygni walked into the light, a stern expression on her face. "We finally meet again you ass. You're not getting away from me this time."

"No! I must know what this is! How are you doing this?"

She rubbed the back of her neck, wincing from the stinging that still came. "You killed millions, including one of my better friends. You know I'm not going to just shrug that off and get on with my life."

"Millions?! What are you talking about?"

"Don't try to pull the wool over my eyes. I've been listening to Sergei, who's been telling me about the things you've done.. did you happen to know that your ex-wife was on that single planet you decided was 'useless' and destroyed?"

His face whitened. "How.. this is insanity! Please, stop now! I must know.."

Cygni shook her head. "This is the end. I'm sick and tired of hunting you down. Goodbye."

She raised her hand in front of her, and a flash of lightning snapped out, enveloping Radicus. He began to slowly float into the air above his desk. She closed her hand slightly, and he began gagging and clutching his throat.

"GO TO HELL!" she screamed, clenching her fist together tightly. His neck completely snapped, and his head flung from his body, landing in a dark corner of the room. The lightning coursing through the remainder of the body began fluctuating wildly, finally exploding, destroying the body completely. Her face went dark.

("Darth Vader eat your heart out..")

"So this is finally it.. it's all over... I finally got the bad guy.."

She looked behind her down the hallway, where there was a scene of mass destruction and gore. Dead bodies were littered everywhere.

"But what about the people I killed to get to him? In my rage I came down here thinking nothing about killing, but now that it's over..."

("You did what you thought was right at the time..")

"They were in my way. If they had stayed out of the damn way they'd still be alive to go to their wives or husbands, and kids. Damnit!" She said the last word out loud, punching her fist against the wall and leaning against it, looking down. Tears began filling her eyes.

She began to feel weak, then noticed the excess energy pouring out of her body, and the third horn retracted into her head.

"At least that's gone... it sure as hell didn't look good, sticking out like that..."

("You'd better go..")

"Right.."

She glanced at the wristwatch she had recovered earlier and checked where she was.

"Unknown location? Where the hell did I go, a whole other dimension or something?"

She saw a small sign down the dark hallway marked "Ladder" with an arrow pointing towards the left. She nodded and grabbed her Desert Eagle, slid a clip inside, and began slowly walking down the hallway.

When she reached the ladder, she turned and looked behind her once again at the death and destruction. She sighed.

"Damn.."

Down at the Las Vegas airport, Ataru and Sakura dis-embarked from the plane, and were instantly surrounded by thousands of gawking onlookers.

Ataru glared. "Get back! She'll put a curse on you all!"

Confusion arose on everyone's faces. Ataru scratched his head. Sakura looked down at him

"They don't speak Japanese.. let me handle this."

She rose her head and began yelling out in fluent English. "Get the hell away, I'm loaded!"

Panicked expressions were shown, then they began running around, screaming.

"What did you tell them?" Ataru asked.

"That's my little secret. Come on."

"Shouldn't have flunked those English classes..." Ataru muttered, following Sakura out of the airport.
(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2004, 04:59:18 AM »
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 23:42:
Dr Ginkobot Was in his room with the cybernetic "onsen kid" who came from Shotaros dream. Ginkobot looked at some monitor "Darn she killed Radicus 2.0. I'll have to make another Radicus now! Erveryone in the entire area was destroyed as well. Onsen kid! Go down there and restore some order I cant have her finding our freind here!" he motioned toward the green glowing babey thing behind the glass. The onsen kid moved out and Ginkobot prepared to leave just in case.

Cygni was trying to find her way out of the base but it seemed to be impossible. Ity was all screwed up like Tomibiki school in Mujakis dream world. Whenever she went down one hallway she always ended up at the same spot.

At the hotel Ataru shouted "THE SON OF MUJAKI AND LUM?!? MUJAKI WHAT DID YOU DO?"
Mujaki said "Hey it's not like that! It was an accident I say!"

Mr Large steped out of the shadows and and blasted his bullets at Megane, Cherry and Kintaro. The the three of them ducked behind a truck while mr Large fired at them. Mr Large didnt notice beastmaster sneaking up behind him.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2004, 04:59:29 AM »
By ataru devo on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 01:24:
(RP ON)

With a mighty animali-like swipe, the Beastmaster
promply sent Mr. Large flying to the side and
crashed through a pane of glass. Quivering in a
bloody heap on the ground, Mr. Large summoned all
his strength and was able to pull himself off of
the ground and began limping away in retreat. The
Beastmaster followed after him. Cherry simply
observed that in his own humble opinion, it was
fate.

Ataru was now violently shaking Mujaki by his
brightly-colored collar as Hudson and the rest
attempted to pull him off.

"It wasn't enough you once used her dream to trap
me in an alternate reality, was it? You actually
fathered a child with her, you perverted lecher!"

Look who's talking, thought Sakura.

"Hey, hey, take it easy! It wasn't like that all,
ok?" Mujaki pleaded. "As a demon, I don't go
through the same...'procedure' you humans do when
spawning!"

"He's right, Ataru. Leave him be for a moment"
said Sakura. "No!! I'm going to kill this
bastard!" he continued. Sakura pulled out a
strange looking bamboo pole, the kind used for
spells. "I can use this purification wand to keep
him encased in this area without chance of
escape."

Mujaki scowled, then sighed. Ataru gave him a look
of disgust, then slowly released his hands. Mujaki
began to explain the origins of his own son to the
others.

Sakura thought a moment, looking down. She slowly
raised her head. "Mujaki..." "Yes, madame?" he
replied. "Do you think...there's any possiblity
your son might be producing dreams right now?"

"Of course" responded.
"And do you think he might have created another
eternal dream from another human desire? As you
did with Lum?"

Mujaki shrugged. "I suppose so." Ataru stared
quizzicaly at Sakura. "What are you saying, huh?"
Sakura turned to Cherry.

"Uncle, can you think of any humans who have
connections to this incident who would have strong
enough desires to make a neverending world of?
Cherry nodded. "The young boy, perhaps?"

"Of course!" said Hudson. It was his desire to
become gangster or a rebel or whatever that this
alternate world was created! That means Means that
Megane is at the center of all this!"

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2004, 04:59:52 AM »
By Parias on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 02:23:
(RP ON)
After encountering the same dark and gory hallway for the 50th time, she sighed and put her back against the wall, leaning on it and crossing her arms.

She glanced at her watch. It confirmed that she was indeed in a different location than before, but the map view just showed a repeating patern of the same thing when it showed where she had been.

"I almost feel like I'm in System Shock... what was that SHODAN said again? Look at you hacker, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors...?"

("..How could you possibly hope to defeat a superiour being.. something like that..")

"Yea... god, I've never felt so alone.. what a freakin mess!" She peered down the hallway on her left, with the same destruction and death she had seen at every other area. Even the body placement was the same.

("There's a way out of here. Keep going.")

"Alright.."

She began walking down the hallway again, and stopped a minute later when she found herself in the same area. She turned off to the right, and once again was in the same area.

She looked at a body lying against the wall, then raised an eyebrow.

"That body moved. It was right against the bloodstain before, now it's a little ways next to it."

She turned around. Everything else was still the same. Turning back to the body, she noticed it was now in it's proper location.

"Very interesting..someone's playing with me."

("You don't think SHODAN would be real, would you?")

"Considering all the other crap that's gone on, I wouldn't be surprised. But I don't think so, not untill I find myself being hounded by zombies and cyborgs."

("There's got to be some way out.")

"Yea, but where damnit?"

She looked up. The ceiling was dark, with an occasional spark flying from a broken light. She floated up to it and cautiously felt around. It was warm. She turned around when she heard a shuffling behind her.

A haggard and broken voice called out from the darkness. "The.. many..... sings to us..."

Her eyes raised in shock. "The hell? I recognize that!"

("I think there's more to this than meets the eye.. whatever is doing this must have picked up on your memory of System Shock 2..")

A dark figure stumbled out of the darkness below her. She could see it's face, which was horribly contorted in pain and agony, with a large cut running over one of it's eyes. It's jaw was slightly displaced, and there was a large organic tube running from the top of it's head down to it's midsection. It was holding a large pipe.

"We... hear.... flesh...." it muttered, looking around.

"Shit.."

It looked up suddenly, hearing her voice.

"Are.. you.. of us?" it asked, glaring upwards.

She shook her head, still looking surprised. "I hope to god you aren't what I think you are.." she said.

"Your.. flesh.. will welcome.. us..."

It began jumping up at her, waving it's pipe around trying to connect with her legs. She curled up against the ceiling, out of it's reach.

After a moment of this, she heard a monkey scream out, and it ran into view, glaring upwards as well. Cygni's eyes went wide.

"Oh shit!"

It yelled out again and unleashed a large blue blast towards her, connecting with her shoulder and causing a small bruise. She cussed in pain, nearly loosing her concentration and falling. She recovered quickly and dove up again, out of the zombie's reach, then pulled out her Desert Eagle, flipping on the laser sight. She took careful aim at the monkey's head and pulled the trigger. A loud report echoed down the hall, and the monkey's large blue head exploded, sending the creature sprawling. The zombie didn't seem to notice, and continued jumping and flailing at her.

She put the gun away, then sighed when she heard more monkeys running down the hallway, the pattering of their feet echoing.

("This thing picks up on what you're concentrating on apparently, with a delay of a couple of minutes. I'd suggest thinking of being some place else.")

"I'd think home would do just fine.." she said through clenched teeth, clutching her shoulder where the blast had hit her.

("It wouldn't be real.")

"Fine, I'll settle for 'calm beach' untill I can figure this crap out!"

She put a picture into her head of a beachside, with water rippling gently against the sand and colours of yellow being splayed everywhere from a sunset, and concentrated on it, slowly floating downwards as a result.

("That should be enough. Now you wait.")

Another monkey ran into view and began yelling, preparing to send a blast her way. Twenty others also came in, surrounding the jumping zombie and yelling.

("Get the hell out of here, you can't dodge this!")

She took a breath and then dove downwards, soaring past the monkies and the surprised zombie, then landed on the ground a short distance away, taking off down the hallway and running as fast as she could. Pattering feet could be heard behind her as they took up pursuit.

A large blue bolt came out of the darkness behind her, barely missing her head. She turned down a tunnel as five more blasts flew past. She stopped suddenly when a larger zombie, holding a shotgun, turned around and crammed it's head in her face.

"Kill.... me..." it uttered. She happily complied, discharging a large amount of lightning into it's head, stunning it. She kicked it down, then took up running again as more blue bolts flew towards her.

She turned a corner, and found herself suddenly cut off by a swarming pair of monkeys. She turned around, and a large snarling beast with fangs and claws on nearly every single part of it's body came up out of the darkness behind her. She began turning towards the hallway she had came from, but stopped when her pursuers ran up. The 3 groups began moving towards her. She growled and reached for her Desert Eagle, flicking on the laser sight.

"I'm going to take as many of you bastards with me as I can.." she said, aiming squarely at one of the monkeys.

The large beast to her right swiped out at her with one of it's large hands, catching her off-guard and knocking her against the wall behind her. The gun somehow remained in her hand, but a large gash was opened in her arm.

The monkeys yelled and fired off hundreds of blasts in her direction. She closed her eyes as they whizzed towards her, thinking it was the end.

She was caught off guard when the ground below her vanished, and opened her eyes, surprised to see a large blue sky. She looked around, the ground had vanished.

Gravity suddenly came into effect, and she was so surprised she couldn't concentrate, and went plunging downwards. Right when she thought she would die, a large mass of water came into view, reaching out to consume her, or so it looked. She plunged into it, going so deep that she nearly touched the ground deep under. She spun around and aimed upwards, swimming as fast as she could.

She finally emerged on the surface, gasping for air and looked around. There was a beach nearby in the distance, and the views looked exactly as she had thought of it.

"Nice timing.." she said. "So can you clue me in as to what's going on?" She began swimming towards shore.

("I'll try. It appears that after you killed Radicus, somehow you ended up shifting dimensions. That would explain the energy you felt rushing out so fast. It was supposed to slowly dissipate over the course of a few hours, but instead it discharged when you shifted. Don't worry about the poisions though, it appeared that you held out long enough for them to disappear. So anyways, you changed dimensions, and now you're here.")

"Oh great...and how would I go about getting out?"

("I'm working on that... in the mean time, I suggest relaxing and avoiding thinking about a massive army of undead tearing you limb from limb..")

"Easier said than done, considering the stuff I think about. I'll try though."

She pulled herself up onto the beach, turned around, and sat down, watching the sky. After a short time, she sighed, leaned back against the sand, and fell asleep.
(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2004, 05:00:04 AM »
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 03:02:
Remember if it's Meganes dream theres going to be at least one Lum in it.
RP on

The onsen kid "Ginkobot after the zombies came she disspeared into another diamension."
Ginkbot said "hmmm very interesting."

Someone was trying to wake up Cygni."Hey wake up!" Cygni woke up to see a strange girl who looked Chinese standing next to her was a guy who looked sorta like xellos but with out the purpul hair and he had a chinese symbol on his fore head. Cygni saked "Who are you guys?" The girl said "I'm pai and this is Yakumo! He's my datchinko!"

Just then somone apeared behind them accompanied by allot of monsters. Yakumo looked over and said "Oh no it's Benares!" Benares said "I've come for the Sanjiyan!" Cygni had just fallen into the 3x3 eyes world!

In mr Above average size's hideout there was a slide show that showed a picture of Megane and Kintaro "These two know my secret! I want every one of you to get out there and rub them out!" The room was filled with dozens of bizzare thugs who were being hired to take out Megane and Kintaro.
Mr Large is out of the picture and these two are the only thing that stand between me owning this town!"

Megane and Kintaro snuck into some adult bar and were trying to get some beer. Then Megane saw her! He rubbed his eyes but there was a girl who looked just like Lum sitting a few seats down "Are you cygni?" he asked. "No my name is Lum. Your that guy Mr Above average size was after." Meganes head hurt "Wait your name is Lum but you dont seem to know me! And how do you know about mr Above average size?" She said "I'm his wife. But he's a despicable man and he's a dog. I couldnt stay with him. He probably looking for me too. You shouldnt be here with me." Megane said "Wait... Your a Lum but your not Lum or are you?"
she said "Your not making any sense. Whats your name?" Megane said "I'm Megane! I'll protect you from Mr above average size!" Kintaro said "Man theres sure allot of you around lately!" he said pointing at the new Lum.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2004, 05:00:15 AM »
By Jocko on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 05:39:
(RP ON)

Megane felt like crying, here was a woman who needed his protection and accepted it. She was so much like Lum and yet, in all the areas that counted, she wasn't. But there was still this messy business with her being Mr. Above Average Size' former girl.

"Uh," Megane pitched his voice as dignified as possible, "is Mr. Above Average Size after you now, Lum-san?"

She laughed, "Lum-san? I figured you guys were from Japan...so what are you doing in Las Vegas getting into this kind of business?"

"Well..umm," Megane really didn't have much of an answer. 'What should I say?' he thought, 'I'm just another natural Japanese street freak in town for the Debbie Reynolds show?'

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2004, 05:00:30 AM »
By Parias on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 11:07:
(RP ON)
Cygni gaped. She hadn't thought of any of this, didn't even have much of a clue as to what was going on.

("Maybe someone is toying with the dimension?")

"Whoever the hell it is, I don't like it." She glanced at her watch. "I only got 15 minutes of sleep too.. damnation!"

She watched as the group in front of her began attacking each other in a snarling tangling mass.

"No rest for the weary.."

Sighing, she began concentrating on the thought of a bar, with a table all to herself and everyone else too pre-occupied to notice her. She didn't really concentrate on who the other people were, just random people.

After a second or two, she suddenly found herself in the scene.

"That was quick.."

("I guess it measures a threshold based on need. If you need to get out right away, it'll wait a few minutes. If it doesn't really matter, it'll send you right away.")

"Not something to rely on if a nuke is about to go off in my face..."

She peered around. It was apparently an adult bar, with strippers dancing along the room, a few skipping from table to table, much to her distaste. She then noticed Megane, talking with what appeared to be Lum.

"How the hell did he end up here? Somehow I get the idea that's not a fake.."

("Maybe it isn't. Why don't you walk over and say hello?")

"I'll wait and see what's going on."

She strained to listen above the noise as a large bearded man approached the table and pulled out a large sum of cash.

"Quite a hot catch you got here kid.. $2000 for her."

Megane coughed. "Excuse me?"

"Hah, playing tough guy huh? Alright, $6000."

He caught on and shook his head. "She's not for sale-uh, I mean, she's not into this stuff. We're just meeting here.."

A grunt was his reply. "Huh, alright... your loss, but look me up if you change your mind.. I'm always around here..."

He turned, looking around the room, then spotted Cygni. Her face whitened.

He walked over to the bar, talked with the bartender, and gave him a large wad of dollar bills. The bartender nodded and passed him a couple of large glasses. The man then turned around and began making his way towards her table.

She raised an eyebrow. "Quite a bit for just a couple of drinks.."

She turned her head, pretending not to be watching him untill he reached her table and spoke up. "I've got a little proposition for ya.. mind if I sit down and we discuss it over a couple of El' Fettos?"

She put on a sly grin. "Is that a come on?"

"Maybe."

"Alright, lets hear what you got to say."

He smiled and pulled up a chair, then put the glasses on the table, sliding one over to Cygni's side. She eyed it cautiously.

"How strong is this stuff?"

"It'll knock you on your ass. If it looks like too much.."

"Naw, just the way I like it. So what is this 'proposition'?"

"I'm going to put this bluntly. You're hot. We'd make a hell of a lot of money together, go on world tours, be famous..."

"...And all I need to do is dance around on a bunch of tables while taking my clothes off. No deal." Her expression dropped into something stern.

"Why not?"

"Because number one, I have a lot more important things to worry about, and number two, I'm not into that kind of stuff."

He grunted. "What is this, hot girls wander into an adult bar, saying that they're 'not into this stuff'? What is it you people come here for?"

"Various things. Hey look, I think one of your buddies is getting a tad pissy.."

He spun around in his chair and looked around the bar, while Cygni put a grin back on her face and quickly and silently changed the glasses around. He turned back.

"I don't see anything.."

"Sorry, guess I've almost had a bit too much to drink.. anyways, lets see how hard this stuff is. Tell ya what, we'll make a bet. If this thing goes so harsh that it really does 'knock me on my ass', I'll spend a couple of days working with you. If it doesn't, you resign and get out of this disgusting job."

He grinned. "Deal."

She raised her glass up, and he raised his, and they clanged together. She took a large sip out of her glass, wincing as the hot liquid poured down her throat, nearly catching it on fire, literally. The man downed his, and didn't seem to be fazed in the slightest.

He grinned. "Harsh stuff, isn't it?"

"I haven't been knocked on my ass yet."

"It'll come, give it a second."

Suddenly the man's face contourted into a sick expression, then he fell over backwards in his chair with a loud clang, landing hard on the floor, snoring loudly.

"Uh, was that it?" she said, raising her voice a little. The crowd laughed.

She was preparing to take another sip from the drink, thinking it wasn't so bad, when suddenly a massive force came slamming up from her stomach, smacking her in the head. She coughed and leaned over the table, moaning. Her head began to hurt as more waves of pain began shooting up to it.

"Guess he wasn't kidding.." she gasped. She suddenly felt her stomach begin to send it's contents upwards. Her eyes went wide and she rushed towards the door marked "Bathroom", cussing wildly.

Megane and the supposed Lum watched this with a smile on their faces. "Must've given her the El' Fetto.. good things to serve to people you hate."

Megane laughed. "I know the feeling too well..."

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2004, 05:00:41 AM »
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 01:32:
Kintaro got frunk and started making a commotion. He got into a fight with one of the guys at the bar. Kintaro smashed a bottle ove rhis head and started slapping his face "Gimme your money!"

Several guys at the other side of the room were watching this. They spoke in a radio communicator "Unmistakable it's them and Meganes flirting with you girl mr Above average size!" Above average size said "What? It's curtains for all of them especialy Megane! Give them the curtains ye here!"

They reached behind some nearby curtains where weapons were hidden. One of them had a bazooka another had an assault rifel and the rest had machine guns. Beastmaster walked in the front door at the other end of the room.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2004, 05:00:51 AM »
By Jocko on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 06:37:
(RP ON)

Megane gulped. 'Looks like its curtains now,' he thought feverishly, but nervousness soon subsided.

"It's all right," he said to no one in particular, "if I survive I'm sure the hospitals in Las Vegas are nice...and after that, well Carson City isn't a half-bad jail; besides a lot of good movies were made about prison."

"What," the Lum lookalike asked, "are you talking about?!? You have to leave NOW!!!"

Feeling like a monster reincarnation of a knight of old, he stood up from his bar stool and said to the supposed Lum: "Get behind me, we're leaving together from the bathroom."

The thugs were closing in now, Lum hid behind Megane's back, "we don't have a chance!"

She was right, Megane sighed, 'oh to have my AK-47 now...' he looked down to find his gun in his hand. He grinned evil.

"All right hotshots!" he screamed out at Mr. Above Average Size's men; grinning as they approached their kill, "why don't you boys step right up...AND I'LL WIPE THOSE SMILES OF YOUR FACES!!!"

Megane was getting closer to the bathroom that Cygni disappeared into.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2004, 05:01:08 AM »
By Parias on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 06:49:
(RP ON)
After upchucking her food for the last 3 days into the toilet, Cygni rubbed her mouth and stood up, then nearly fell over when she found she had accidentally rushed into the men's room.

After noticing her face turning beet-red, she made her way to the door, but was cut off by a large man, who was laughing. "Aw c'mon sister, lets have a bit of fun first!"

A couple of others began closing in from behind. "Heh, yea, we're gonna have a little party!"

Her ears perked up as she heard the familiar sound of a clip being clicked into place in the distance. She smiled and pulled out her Desert Eagle.

"Sorry boys, I've got another party to attend to. Now I suggest you get out of my way, unless you feel like being a red smear."

The man's eyes went wide and he quickly shuffled away from the door. Cygni walked out, and was about to replace the gun on her hip when she noticed a large beast standing on one end of the room, while another group of people were holding up a bunch of guns at the other. All were pointing at Megane, who didn't seem to notice.

Beastmaster rushed towards Megane, picking him up by the neck and flinging him against the far wall, making a large dent. The crowd stopped chattering and all eyes went to them.

Cygni switched on the laser sight of the Desert Eagle and aimed it at the back of Beastmaster's head.

"One on ten. Not very good.. lets even the odds a little, mmmm?"

Beastmaster spun around and growled at her, then waved to the mass of people sitting in the corner with guns. "Take care of her, I want to deal with this incompetent fool myself."

Megane's face whitened as Beastmaster turned back towards him and began making his way closer, while the troops rushed past and took aim at Cygni.

She took careful and and fired the first shot, capping the soldier with the bazooka in the head. The crowd began to scream and panic, running around in circles, while the soldiers began opening fire. She dove behind the bartender's counter while glass and wood exploded all around, and the bartender began screaming. "Not here! Augh! I'm charging you for all the damages!!"

She grabbed his arm and yanked him down, then dove up and fired off a couple more shots, capping two more soldiers. The rest scattered and continued firing at her, so she ducked down again, curling up as more fragments exploded around her.

On the other side of the room, Megane attempted to bury himself further in the wall while Beastmaster loomed closer, chuckling. Lum suddenly came up behind him.

"Leave him to me, I'll handle him."

"But.."

"Do you have a hearing problem? I want to take care of him myself!"

"Y-yes..."

"And tell the troops to lay off that girl! They're wreaking havoc on the place and they haven't even hit her once! I'll handle them both."

"..Yourself?!"

"Yes. Now get out of here!"

He bowed, waved to the troops, and then rushed out of the building. Megane's face completely drained of colour.

"What.. are. you going to do to me?" he gasped.

"I'm going to take care of you." said Lum, cracking a grin and extending her hand.

Megane shakenly accepted it, and she helped him to his feet. He watched in the corner as Cygni got to her feet and looked around at the destruction.

"What was that all about?" he asked.

"Beastmaster is an idiot, not as bright as he looks. He's not aware as to my intentions, and thanks to that I still have some command over him. Now come on, I think we should leave, now."

Megane nodded. "Lets go."

The pair began walking towards the door, but Megane stopped when they walked past Cygni. He put a dark look on his face and turned to her.

"Listen.. I'm..sor-"

Cygni shook her head. "I'm sure as hell not going to trust you to cover my six anymore, but lets just say it was an accident and leave it at that."

He nodded. "Thanks.."

They walked out the door together. Cygni watched as the crowd slowly staggered to their feet, then followed a short time later.

When she stepped out of the door, however, she suddenly found herself covered in darkness. She couldn't even see her own hands.

She began walking forward, looking for a way out, but didn't come into contact with anything. She looked at her watch, which illuminated the area with a small glow, but it didn't show any solid objects around at all.

She began running straight ahead, looking for anything. After a minute, she stopped to catch her breath.

"Where the hell am I?"

("Looks like a null zone.. maybe something is happening to the dimension?")

"I don't like this one bit.."

Her vision then exploded into whiteness, then she suddenly felt her eyes open. She found herself suspended upside-down inside of a large tube, with green liquid running through it. There were wires connected all over her body. She struggled to breathe, and found she could, but barely. Her body felt all numb, and she couldn't move her muscles.

A figure in a white lab coat walked around outside. He seemed to notice her, then walked over and spoke. A loud and sinister voice pierced her mind.

"Ah, I see you are finally awake. That idiot Radicus failed to extract certain amounts of information from your mind, so I shall have to do it myself..there seems to be some kind of blockage going on, but I shall soon penetrate that."

She put a growl on her face and summoned all the strength she could to move, but was completely unable to. She couldn't summon forth her lightning either.

She watched as the man walked over to a nearby console and pressed a few buttons. A large force of pain entered her mind and seemed to be trying to pierce into her brain itself.

("Can't... hold.. off.. much.. more...") the voice groaned. The pain subsided, and the man rubbed his chin in thought, scribbled down a few notes, then left the room.

("Phew.. this is getting tougher.. he'll have to toss a lot more than that to get through me though.")

"Hang in there.." she thought. "Looks like the only weapon I have right now is time..."

She struggled again to move, unsuccessfully.

"..And time just may not be on our side..damn, I hate having to wait for others.."

She spied her watch and weapons sitting on a table nearby, outside of the tube.

("Use the force Luke.. use the force...")

She stifled a laugh. "I'm afraid my 'force' is about run out right now.. but if you get any better ideas, let me know.."

Cygni attempted to relax her stiff muscles and simply resigned herself to being immobilized. The only fight she could do right now was in her head, and she didn't even have direct control over that.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2004, 05:01:35 AM »
By Parias on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 06:55:
Yack! Posted at the same time. We'll go with yours.. and I'll replace the chunk involving Megane with something else..right when Cygni was threatening the man blocking the door with her gun.

(RP ON)
The man didn't budge. He didn't seem to be afraid of guns.

She clicked on the laser sight and aimed it at his forehead. He still didn't move. She heard gunfire in the distance behind the door.

Suddenly it came crashing down, and Megane, who was waving his Ak-47 around and firing it everywhere stumblind into the room, stepping on the unconsious man's face in the proccess. Cygni took up a position next to the door, holding the gun close to her face. Megane looked up in surprise.

"What are you doing here?"

"I ran into the wrong godamn door. Now I don't know what you have planned here, but I suggest you do something fast!"

She turned around and rolled into the open doorway, firing off a couple of shots. Suddenly a large missile flew towards her. She attempted to dodge out of the way, but it was too late. She screamed, and then, blackness.
(RP OFF)
From there we'll just move on to the tube scene.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2004, 05:01:46 AM »
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 01:55:
When the missile hit cygni she just seemed to sort of poof. Kintaro ran over and shouted "Oh my god they killed Cygni! The bastards!"

Kintaro pulled out his ax. Megane said "Thats strange I thought his ax was left back at that place." Megane remembered when Shutaros sword grew back in the dream world. "No it cant be!"

Another missile flew into the bathroom blowing out the wall. Megane grabbed Kintaro and ran through the hole with Lum. The thugs and Beastmaster ran through the hole in pursuit!

Cygni said "Wait! This means that all that suff with Megane was in my whole head this whole time! it wasnt real! This is just like in the matrix!"

Suddenly Cygni had a vision of a weird glowing babey looking thing. It said "Reality is subjective. What happened at Las Vegas is just as real as what happening here. You must escape and find me!"
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2004, 05:01:57 AM »
By Parias on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 23:46:
*whistle* Gotten quiet all of a sudden.. overburden of homework from school or something? >)

I'm working on trying to think of what to contribute.. temporary creativity block or something.. not to mention I'm suddenly flooded with work from a hardware page I'm about to launch with a friend >) I'll be back in awhile and see if I can post something more up.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2004, 05:02:10 AM »
By ataru devo on Thursday, January 6, 2000 - 04:02:
I apologize for scarce postings as well. It's
kinda difficult, what with midterms for the U.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2004, 05:02:21 AM »
By Jocko on Thursday, January 6, 2000 - 04:14:
School sucks. Luckily I'm a senior.

(RP ON)

Hudson received a call from a distressed Las Vegas PD Captain named McKnight. Saying that Cygni, Megane, and Kintaro were found in an adult bar on the strip. Only thing was that they appeared to be ghosts having a bloody battle.

And so Hudson, Sergei, Sakura, Cherry, and Mujaki were soon out the door on the way to the Vegas Strip. Ataru was left behind to call Ryouko to catch her up on current events and to contact Oyuki and get her to Las Vegas ASAP.
Lum-chan