Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 36
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Author Topic: Anime...  (Read 20350 times)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Anime...
« on: June 22, 2008, 01:17:44 AM »
Please tell us what are the animes you're watching.

Me for example...
- Library War (C)(R)(A)
- Macross Frontier (A)
- To Love Ru (C)(R)(E)
- Itazura Na Kiss (C)(R)
- Kanokon (C)(R)(E+)
- Kamen no Maid Guy (C)(E-)
- BLASSREITER (A)
- Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (C)
- D.Gray-Man (Idk)
And last one that you all should watch...  :P - Welcome to the N.H.K. (C and some of R, E, E+, E- and Idk...)  ;D

(C) = Comedy
(R) = Romance
(A) = Action (guns, fights and some other stuff)
(E) = Ecchi
(E+) = Not for ppl under 18... XD
(E-) = Well its not ecchi... but almost... =P
(Idk) = I really dont know... XD
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:14:26 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
Re: Anime...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 04:02:53 AM »
Been playing too many games to have time to watch anime. :S

Besides, my internet is still a b@#$%, so I can't download any of the ones I want to watch. >.<

I'm considering watching UY though, since I realised I never watched all the episodes.
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 10:38:24 AM »
Hmm... "Been playing too many games to have time to watch anime."?

Could it be that you are becoming a Hikikomori??? XD

Its not like it takes too long... its just 25min... so you still have time to play your "games"
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline GiovaneDinamitardo

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:46:07 PM »
There arn't so much anime on air on TV in Italy, and not only because is summertime: if you don't pay the fee to the Murdock's paytv you cannot see nothing of some quality.

In any case there is a loca TV ("THAT" local TV, the one of the topic "AAAAARGH") that is playing

- Ranma (at 20)
- Inuyasha (at 20:30)

The last time that Uruseiyatsura was on air in Italy was on 2005 !!!!

In any case I watch it on youtube, togheter with Inukami.

Last days, I've to hurry: Mary Victory is coming soon  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »
www.narutowire.com You can see lots of anime...

Don't be fooled by the name... its not just Naruto... XD

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:58 PM »
I think I'm really bad: I'm not able to care the "modern" anime.

I've watched all (really: <<ALL>> !!!) the anime from 1978 to 1988 (I miss so much Gundam, the tales made by the great Go Nagai, the saga of Star Blazer, the mythos of Takaya Todoroki and, last but not the least, Lupin III) and (with few exceptions) I've to say that the quality of the tales and the design was so much better than now !!!

Personally I'd save only Inuyasha and Inukami (the second just because it's a mix between the first and Uruseiyatsura) and ,with a great effort, "Sailor Moon", then I'd throw on the flames rubbish as yu-ghi-oh.

Incredible but true, I think that right now the "Winx" (the only italian anime famous all over the world) are really a good cartoon that doesn't have nothing to envy to the ones coming from Japain.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 04:01:08 AM »
Well "modern" anime is more comercial than the "old" anime... and the fact that they started to export anime to USA, Europe and Rest of the World... they had to adapt many series to those "markets"... for example, Star Blazers that was originaly (and still is called) Space Battleship Yamato was edited to be able to air in USA and other english speaking countries.

Btw, if anyone wants to watch "old school" anime here is a good one... Lupin III

PS- I hate Winx... mostly because my  younger sister watches it... and she have her room full with Winx merchendise and clothes... The only way I would like Winx was if I changed in to a girl between the ages of 6 to 13... XD And even then I don't know if I would watch it... = P

Offline Akazukin

• Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »
Okay, anime I'm watching now:

Death note
van guard
Batman Gotham Nights
Hitman! (I forgot the name...)
FlCl

That all I got for the moment. :9

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 09:47:23 PM »
most of these are the ones that I've seen recently so here it goes

Steel angel karumi (C)(R)(A)(E-)
Azumanga diaoh (C)
Kamisama Kazoku (C)(R)
To Love Ru

Steel angel Karumi is good, although extending it to 30 mins for each episode would of made it better. In case anyone wants to watch this I wouldn't recomend seeing the continuation and the spinoff, which are "SA karumi 2" and "SA karumi zero" because they are total disapointment :'(
as for don't To Love Ru, I think that it is really that good but I just watch when there's nothing else to watch :&
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:56:43 AM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »
hate Winx... mostly because my  younger sister watches it... and she have her room full with Winx merchendise and clothes... The only way I would like Winx was if I changed in to a girl between the ages of 6 to 13... XD And even then I don't know if I would watch it... = P

Oh, for me is so different: I've to like Winx because, in this way, I'll finally be able to see them with my incoming daughter :-D

I think that, when she'll be about 3-4 years old, I'll finally be able to see some famous cartoons as SHREK, NEMO and THE FROZEN ERA: in fact, right now, BECAUSE OF MY WIFE, it's impossible to see them into our house.

The only exception made by her is for LAMU': every time she see one of her anime she's just able to say "how much she was beautiful" !!!

Offline Forgotten_Lum

• UY shall never be forgotten
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 06:34:27 AM »
i've just finished Oh! My Goddess Mini Goddess series, staying current with to love ru and waiting for zero no tsukaima season 3 next month i can't wait
This is Jenga lol :)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 12:22:27 AM »
I too am trying to keep up with To Love Ru

In addition, I just finished watching the unreasonably short 14 episode "SOS Brigade" AKA (the actual name is...) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. And I enjoyed every minute of it ^_^ (With the exception of the 2 minute long scene in the last episode that was only one of the characters flipping through a book. 2 minutes... not a hyperbole)

Ummm... does RedVsBlue Reconstruction count as an anime XD

I still have to watch the 5th movie of UY... I'm saving it ^_^

I am watching Death Note, Bleach, Naruto, and Zatch Bell by TV schedule.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 04:10:01 AM »
I too am trying to keep up with To Love Ru

In addition, I just finished watching the unreasonably short 14 episode "SOS Brigade" AKA (the actual name is...) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. And I enjoyed every minute of it ^_^ (With the exception of the 2 minute long scene in the last episode that was only one of the characters flipping through a book. 2 minutes... not a hyperbole)

As said by many: "Haruhi needs a second season!" and it really does, cause the last episode was slow but knowing that the episodes were aired out of order kinda explains it. :-\

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 06:13:52 AM »
I keep hearing some places about a second season and other places say there is no second season... I'm so confused T_T

I'm leaning more to the idea and probable fact that there is no second season. In my opinion I think those last few minutes of the episode just BARELY made up for Yuki's book meet.

One thing I'm still confused about... what happened to the talking cat in episode 00? We never met it and they had the episode that aired the movie from episode 00 already T_T

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 08:07:48 AM »
talking cat was funny though ;D
well about the second season, there is less and less chance to get ourselves a new season since two years have come by when it's usually one at the most. The only way to see the continuation now is through the manga  :'(

▲
▲ ▲