Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:51:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6
Total: 6

Author Topic: Anime...  (Read 20388 times)

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
Re: Anime...
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2010, 05:01:23 AM »
Thanks a lot Falling. Q_Q

Honestly, I blame you for over a third of my to-watch list. Even worse, I've added so many random anime you've showed around that when I browse my list, I have no idea which is which. Q_Q
405 to watch entries.... 150 of those are yours. >_>
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2010, 05:16:10 AM »
I have an idea, when u add something to your list that u get from Falling, put his name in the tags so u know it was him XD

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »
LoL... I like to share... XD
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2010, 09:34:19 AM »
That Anime looks interesting. I might add it, too.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2010, 02:51:53 AM »
Kroptik here's something you might want to add... (when available)

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=196336
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2010, 02:36:42 PM »
It's already available on MAL.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8525/Kami_nomi_zo_Shiru_Sekai/

And I can't wait... :D
Thanks for the heads up Falling, I've been reading the manga for a long time. xD
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2010, 03:22:09 AM »
I think I'll start reading it too...

Anyway Angel Beats! a anime that I was waiting for because of the guy that made it... Jun Maeda (Kanon and Clannad) I have to say... 1st episode was really disappointing and I may not follow this anime if it keeps up like that... but like Otonashi says in the last seconds of the episode:
"No, it's too soon to think about that."

I hope he's right... XD

Edit: Ok... So I wasn't the only one...

Angel Beats Quality from the Get-Go

* Author: Artefact
    * Categories: Anime, News
    * Date: Apr 3, 2010 21:22 JST

Angel Beats has been touted as a major cross-media production, but the error-riddled first episode has already been made a laughing stock, being variously described as “cheap” and having “pathetic composition.”

Apparently nobody trained her how to aim a rifle either – or perhaps she is just having difficulty on account of her hands.

Viewers point to animation mistakes, inconsistent character design, poor scene composition, and an overwhelming feeling of “cheapness” – and all in the first episode, traditionally where the quality is kept unrealistically high – as reasons for their disappointment.

Possibly the overwhelming similarity of the heroine to a certain iconic monomaniac (although in the actual anime the resemblance seems to have deteriorated along with the quality) was a major warning flag about the title.

Theses comparisons, though tired, are unlikely to stop and the similarities must have been obvious to producers from the outset. Just why they went along with the design is quite the mystery – laziness, sheer unoriginality or worse?

In spite of all this plenty were prepared to call the title amusing (although as many were seemingly unable to comprehend its convoluted storyline), so it may be too early to write it off as a failed anime.

Please check the link to fully understand the above text...
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/04/03/angel-beats-quality-from-the-get-go/

Btw... I forgot to mention this anime... (or project)... should be followed in all of its forms of media... (Anime, Manga and Light Novels)

I'll leave you with a Recap of the 1st episode...
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/04/04/angel-beats-in-depth-recap
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:08:11 PM by FallinG_StaR »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »
Good news people...

News!!!

Hope this is for real... and the people involved in this... this should be great.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2010, 01:55:44 AM »
Yay... Triple posting...

Well... this is something interresting...

From Sankaku Complex:

Ken Akamatsu, the mangaka behind such classic harem titles as Negima and Love Hina, has stated that both harem and moe titles seem to have had their day.

Responding to the results of industry research into the state of the anime market suggesting that the formerly dominant position of moe and late-night anime has declined precipitously, he sums up his thoughts on the state of the market:

Certainly, the moe boom is finished, and from last year on I think we’re seeing the following phenomena:

1. Male protagonists are absent

Many anime are now nothing but girls, and the role of the “male character being excited by female characters for viewers to empathise with” has disappeared.

2. Male buying power has reduced

Now women buyers of both anime and manga are predominant. Oricon comic rankings show most of the top titles are women-oriented.

3. Male viewers can now empathise with female characters

The number of male fans who simply don’t view female characters as objects of sexual desire at all is increasing, even in titles like “K-ON!”.* No more are they just thinking “I want to be part of that circle,” now they are getting into the characters themselves.

A friend of mine was saying “this will be the year of yuri!” thanks to number 3, but unfortunately I get the feeling the popularity of yuri is not quite that great…

Really?! He thinks yuri popularity is not that great?!
Did he really read the industry research? I'm seeing much more yuri anime coming out than it did 1 year ago... yet I'm still trying to figure out if they are trying to get the atention to the male or female demographic with that.

I took this from the website Yuricon:

Important Note as of 07/2009: Due to the recent explosion of Yuri, "The List" will no longer be expanded. It's simply not possible to keep up any more - which is an amazing and wonderful thing. We're definitely not complaining. :-) In 2000 when we created it, "The List" was an important, if always controversial, resource. In 2010 it will have little to no relevance to anyone.

*I underlined this part because I really don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing... ;D

I have nothing against yuri... but please sirs... don't take my dream of owning a harem from me... even if its only in anime... XD
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:58:52 AM by FallinG_StaR »

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »
If Harem anime/manga is partly defined by having a male cast member through which the audience may roleplay, then yes Harem anime/manga is waning.

I see it differently. Harem anime/manga is changing, not waning. The presence of a male character is no longer necessary; we in the audience participate silently now, no longer requiring a character through which we can interact with the harem.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »
Harem animes don't really appeal to me, to be honest. Love Hina was a surprise because it focused on other things than the harem itself. But Magikano, for instance, was just boring compared to Love Hina. Harem animes tend to repeat themselves and that's not appealing at all.

La Corda D'Oro is the inverted harem (1 girl, tons of boys) which was a fresh load of air. At first I wasn't really sure how it was going to work but after watching it, I loved it. In harem Animes we're expecting major comedy and/or ecchi scenes, something that La Corda D'Oro didn't present.

Urusei Yatsura (Ranma, Naruto, One Piece, ...) may be accused of repeating themselves but in a good way because what they repeat is personality traits like Ataru's girl-hunts, Lum's shocking therapy, Ranma's fighting for food with his father, Naruto's rasengan as finisher, Luffy's eating disorder (lmao) and so on.

But harem Animes seem to me like just a bunch of remakes that have little to offer.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2010, 04:38:44 AM »
@ Veehive: Harem anime/manga is defined by a romantic relation between the main character (male or female) and 3 or more characters from oposite/same sex.

Ataru dream was owning a arabic like harem... the japanese concept for anime genre harem is way diferent.

I agree with you that this genre is waning (even if I had to check the dictionary to see what waning was) ;D for male and female...
I also have to agree it is changing... but not the way you say...
The change in harem genre is that it's not used as main genre anymore and now more constantly used as a sub-genre... as part of the Comedy/Romance/Drama/Etc genres... used mostly for comic relief, fanservice or for character development.

Obviously we are now in the 21st century... where everything is taken out of context... or exagerated... add to this the fact that Japanese government is on a hunt to repress certain liberties the manga/anime industry had... you know something bad is going to happen...

@ cata: La Corda D'oro is just like I said... it has harem as sub-genre (I'm guessing here becuse I haven't seen it) for character development purpose.

Btw... http://www.animekon.com/news-1227-Its-a-Rumic-World-Anime-Specials-on-Blu-ray.html

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 07:45:25 AM by FallinG_StaR »

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2010, 08:13:38 PM »
That picture is so funny! xD Ataru trying to get Ranma's phone number (why is Ataru's outfit different? What happened to his blue jeans, white and blue sneakers and orange and red shirt?) and Lum all happy with her super spicy food. xD

And yes, Falling you're right: in La Corda D'Oro, harem is a sub-genre.

By the way... try to find Cherry (easy) and Dappya (not so easy). xD

Offline AtaruLum

• Huge Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2010, 09:21:23 PM »
Thanks for the great news, I wondered why it isn't released as blu-ray (I have the dvd copies), because the dvd quality are not really good (i see some pixels) ^^
(formerly known as AtaruLumFan or short ALF :D)
UY Voting in Germany:
Please vote for Urusei Yatsura in Germany weekly!

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2010, 12:15:42 AM »
its funny how Sesshomaru is wondering what he has in his hand

▲
▲ ▲