Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:54:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Author Topic: Character Discussion and Defining  (Read 54389 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: Character Discussion and Defining
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2008, 06:56:56 AM »
if you're gonna ask those questions you mind as well ask how there are aliens too.

Urusei Yatsura is not meant to make sense in any of those categories. In fact a lot of episodes are unresolved.

Anyways, I think she can summon her strength without anger. I've seen her juggle desks with a calm face, though she may be thinking angry thoughts.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2008, 07:31:30 AM »
Well, the alien idea worked for Star Trek and Star Wars (contemporary examples), I don't see why it would be any different for UY. The only question I could really see is why are there so many aliens that are humanoid. I always liked the answer Star Trek gave (in an episode of The Next Generation). Look it up if you don't know it, I don't want to spoil it.

The ONLY time I've ever seen Shinobu use her strength when she wasn't angry was during the Matsutake episode, when everyone was performing "acts" because they were tripping on mushrooms. That was the ONLY time, and most of that episode was anime-exclusive, so I don't really count it too much.

Oh, and btw, I had all those questions worked out for UYRemix, but I don't really feel like sharing my answers just yet (I still have hopes of one day being able to do UYRemix).
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »
she also juggled desks in that talent show, I think, with the little octopus like thing that made things disappear.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Akazukin

• Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2008, 02:17:50 AM »
I recall her using super strength to save mendo from being turn into a Hunksicle (That was so wrong of me to say 8|) in Movie one
In her words "Men be damned."

Offline Surudoi

• Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2008, 08:26:18 PM »
nothing much to add but: lol...Hunksicle

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2008, 08:45:54 PM »
I see Shinobu as being nice enough to be one of Ataru's friends but angry enough to tear him to shreds if he makes a move.

Out of all the UY girls, besides Lum, I think Shinobu is hit on the least by Ataru. Probably because they have a little bit of friendship and also that they've known each other since... grade 1, elementary school

Offline Akazukin

• Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2008, 11:48:24 PM »
nothing much to add but: lol...Hunksicle
please don't repeat it, I wash my hands every hour but the letters are still there   :r :r :r

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2008, 12:29:34 AM »
What else is there to talk about for Shinobu? We can talk about her relationship with Lum

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2008, 03:25:52 AM »
I think it might be more fun if you talked about her relationship with Ryuunosuke. :)
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2008, 03:44:19 AM »
When I said relationship I meant how much of friends they are now.

Well for Ryuunosuke... I THINK they're just friends. But they often play a couple is certain scenarios...

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2008, 11:06:52 PM »
Shinobu and Lum... Rivalry and still friends. I actually went through a phase in my life that me and a huge friend of mine fell for the same guy and guess what? We kept ourselves single and still friends. x) In Shinobu and Lum's case it's kinda different. They only seem to get 100% along when Shinobu is over Ataru and Mendo. About Shinobu and Ryu I have a lot to say.

I know that most straight and bisexual guys (NOT ALL of them) find lesbians and bisexual girls attractive but about gay and bisexual men really disgusting. I believe that being homosexual or bisexual is not a choice because I know that people can't control their feelings. I don't have to say this but I feel like I should because I'm not ashamed and I'm already "out of the closet" so here goes: I'm a member of the GLBT community and I'm really open-minded because I don't judge people I simply try to see things from their points of view. We don't know if Ryu is a lesbian or if it's just admiring and envying girly girls. As for Shinobu I don't think she's a lesbian because she really liked Ataru and Mendou and even Rei if I'm not mistaken. Maybe she is bisexual or maybe she is just tired of men and tries to look for a solution in a girl looking guy. Anyways, I don't think the purpose of UY was to show homosexual perspective or not. But... come to think about it... maybe it was intentional to show the "gay world".

I'm sorry if I'm being too "rude" about this issue but I don't think we should censure a text or a speech just because it contains words like "gay".

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2008, 01:24:21 AM »
Indeed... I have friends that are Gay... at least I think they are... XD

But I don't think Shinobu or Ryu are lesbians... but we never know... I think they just admire each other... well... at least Ryu admires Shinobu because of her strenght and ability to maintain a lady like posture... and beating the crap out of Ataru... XD

Now Shinobu... Idk... I think she sees in Ryu her perfect man... XD
Or like the episode when Ryu 1st showed all girls in School thought she was a he and send her love letters... and even after finding out he was a she they still admired her... and send love letters XD
So... and from all my experience... with Ecchi anime... and normal anime... there's always someone that's bisexual or gay... but as in a friendly way...

Btw, congratulations on coming out of the closet... So that's where you where all this time...  ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2008, 04:11:34 AM »
I lost track of where we were on this topic Can someone help me out?

I'm pretty sure we were discussing Shinobu, in which case the previous posts aren't off topic.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2008, 12:32:53 AM »
I think this topic was something about... Idk...

I just replied to Cata post... XD
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2008, 02:01:33 AM »
Good one Falling! xD I just replied to the comments about Ryunnosuke and Shinobu but I think we can always move on to another character in this topic as it wouldn't be offtopic.