Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Author Topic: Character Discussion and Defining  (Read 54365 times)

Offline Surudoi

• Fan
Re: Character Discussion and Defining
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2008, 08:53:03 PM »
Too bad she doesn't get the brightest people in the bucket though.

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
  • My dark heart belongs to Lum
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
Yes, that's true. She could have a better life.
DarkDevil, king of the Demons.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2008, 09:25:15 PM »
Same could be said for any of us, but them's the breaks, kid.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2008, 11:52:42 PM »
The body's age is never the same as the brain's development.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2008, 11:59:22 PM »
That's not true, that's not true at all. That's just a fable that children believe to make them feel better about themselves, or better than others, and that pedophiles believe so they can justify to themselves that it's ok to sleep with 14-16 year old girls that think they're mature. Psychologically and physically our bodies (including our brain, which if you never noticed, is actually a body part) don't finish developing until around the age of 21-22. That's actually why alcohol is illegal if you're under the age of 21, it's been proven to stunt development (and in the alcohol-centric society we live in, breaking that law is why so many adults are emotionally and mentally stunted... at least that's what I think).

What I believe you WANT to say is that physical age doesn't affect the development of the MIND, which in a way can be considered true, depending on your interpretation of what exactly the mind is. Scientists can't agree on what it is, so it's one of those things that's open to interpretation.

Offline Surudoi

• Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2008, 12:07:47 AM »
Alcohol before 21 is mostly illegal in the States and in some provinces in Canada, that I know of.

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2008, 12:15:19 AM »
That's not true, that's not true at all. That's just a fable that children believe to make them feel better about themselves, or better than others, and that pedophiles believe so they can justify to themselves that it's ok to sleep with 14-16 year old girls that think they're mature. Psychologically and physically our bodies (including our brain, which if you never noticed, is actually a body part) don't finish developing until around the age of 21-22. That's actually why alcohol is illegal if you're under the age of 21, it's been proven to stunt development (and in the alcohol-centric society we live in, breaking that law is why so many adults are emotionally and mentally stunted... at least that's what I think).
What you were saying was about the chemistry that brain creats/orders to creat, to itself or the rest of te body.
I thought that you people, of now a days, didn't mind about the technical terms.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2008, 12:24:58 AM »
Back to Shinobu plz ^_^ so we, as fanfiction writers who need to know this, can safely say Shinobu is with Inaba after all anime and manga events?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2008, 01:42:37 AM »
I think it's safe to say that she will end up with Inaba.

Besides, I can see Inaba changing the futures so that happens for sure (though this goes more towards Inaba's description, and that's for later).

And on Shinobu, let's not forget 2 of the most important aspects about her:
-She's the most popular girl in 2-4 besides Lum
-When she's mad, you better get out of her way ;D
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2008, 01:45:22 AM »
very well put Kroptik.

Okay so we have established that she is currently in a relationship with Inaba. Does she like him like she used to like Mendou or is it more of a friend basis?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2008, 02:47:29 AM »
Alcohol before 21 is mostly illegal in the States and in some provinces in Canada, that I know of.

It's 21 in a lot of places. True, the US and Canada are the "big" ones, but there are a few places in Europe and South America where it is too (last I heard, at least).

Generally, our bodies are developed by 18-19 (18 being legal drinking age in most other countries where it's not 21, and a few places where it's 16), but our brains and endocrine system (hormones and what not) don't finish full development until 21-22.

What you were saying was about the chemistry that brain creats/orders to creat, to itself or the rest of te body.
I thought that you people, of now a days, didn't mind about the technical terms.

Generally no. But the difference between the brain and mind... too big to ignore.

Back to Shinobu plz ^_^ so we, as fanfiction writers who need to know this, can safely say Shinobu is with Inaba after all anime and manga events?

It seems to be STARTING at least. But I don't think she's grown as immediately attached to him as she did to Mendo, or was to Ataru at the beginning, which suggests to me, that she likes him, but doesn't love him. It seems to me like it would be a relationship that she's in to make herself feel better after her relationships before, to help her get over Ataru and Mendo (both of whom I think she still harbors a little bit of feelings for). The fact that he's an extradimensional being who isn't able to devote the time to a proper relationship is part of why Shinobu is attracted to him. If she doesn't get as close physically, she won't get as close emotionally, and it won't hurt as much when the relationship inevitably ends. Inaba on the other hand is quite taken with Shinobu (likely because she's the first girl that ever showed interest in him, and he seems awfully insecure to me), and considering his position as they guy who controls fate, and knowing Shinobu's personality, they're likely to stay together because of Inaba's doing. Whether or not this would come to pass, or it would get him in trouble and be prevented by the Fate Production Bureau, that's up to the individual writers. Lots of things could happen in that. Personally, I think Shinobu's going to end up getting frustrated at men altogether and become a lipstick lesbian (after Inaba somehow screws up, likely because she finds out that he made the future so that they're together, but her feelings for him aren't sure, and she gets pissed and never sees him again). But that's just my vision of things.

-She's the most popular girl in 2-4 besides Lum

Actually, that would be Ryuunosuke. Shinobu ranks third among the popularity of the girls in the class.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2008, 02:54:28 AM »
quite nice

So we've established her love situation. We know that Shinobu is very strong. I wouldn't say as strong as Asuka though but with how they both so easily knock things into the skies it's really hard to tell which one is officially stronger (Although I'd say Asuka is)

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2008, 03:42:36 AM »
I'd say it's pretty clear who's stronger. Asuka by far. Asuka can run faster than the average human being, WHILE wearing a fairly hefty suit of armor, AND can rip a tank apart with her bare hands and shape the armor plating into her own suit of armor. Shinobu can juggle desks. Hmmm.

You also have to consider that Asuka, like Ryoko, is a few years younger than the rest of the gang. Making the feats all the more impressive.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2008, 04:10:08 AM »
too true

But remember that juggling desks is not the extent of her strength, she is usually used when something heavy needs to be moved or opened. Saying she juggles desks seems to mock her strength.

What I find most humorous is how she can have such strength and then, when not in use of her power, acts like a normal girl and says something that makes it seem like she doesn't have that strength.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2008, 06:20:53 AM »
She's like a teenage Japanese girl version of the Hulk, who doesn't become muscular and green (or blue, or grey). I think it's because of the entire source of her power is her anger. If you want to discuss some things about characters... let us discuss the nature of whatever powers they may have. How is Lum able to shoot lightning and fly? Obviously it's not really because she's an Oni, after all, Rei can't fly, but he can transform, and doesn't shoot lightning, Ten can fly, and instead of shooting lightning, he's got flamethrower breath. What is the nature of Ataru's immortality? How about this one, where did he learn those ninja skills he has when he isn't involved with the ninja world (made obvious by the Kaede storyline)? What about Mendo and Tobimaro? Where did their families get all that money? We know the Mizukunoji family made their fortune selling sporting goods, but what of the Mendo Corporation? Of course, there's the question of Shinobu's strength. And how Sakura can be such a bottomless pit. Why is it that Benten is the only regular alien cast member that doesn't seem to have any sort of powers? So many questions regarding the special skills and abilities of the cast. No answers. None. It's all speculative.