Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 256
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 212
Total: 212

Author Topic: astrological sign  (Read 3950 times)

Offline GiovaneDinamitardo

• Psychotic Fan
astrological sign
« on: May 30, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
[Lamù, talking to Ataru and Shutaro] I want to know my zodiac compatibility with you: I know that both of you are Aries, my sign is the <<STRIPPED UNICORN>> !!

Obviously a constellation of gender is unknown on the Earth but let's try to guess this: what astrological sign is Lamu?

In my opinion she is a Sagittarius.

IN FACT:

- she is a dreamer;
- after each quarrel immediately forgives Ataru;
- she loves to travel;
- she loves freedom;
- she's faithful;
- she's optimistic but also naive;
- both Ataru and Lamù are "signs of fire": in fact both are trying to lead the other;
- she flows in the body and soul without a thought to the consequences;
- she's a bit lazy;
- she has perfect hips

You've also to know that the sign of Sagittarius governs the hips, thighs and sacral area (IN FACT LAMU' HAS PERFECT MISURES !!!), tend to have a big head, well formed, a large face and high, often red hair, may also be tall and athletic !!

I can even assume her date of birth: DECEMBER THE 11

What do you think about ?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:09:31 PM by GiovaneDinamitardo »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: astrological sign
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 05:09:14 PM »
why december 11?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 05:12:28 PM »
Ataru was born in 13th April. I know for a fact that Lum and Ataru have the same age. They only have 6 months apart, therefore Lum was born somewhere in October.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 03:11:22 AM »
... which makes her either a Libra or a Scorpio, and I'd lean toward Libra out of the two.

HOWEVER ... I like Giovane's thinking with evaluating her personality traits (and throwing out any Earth-based chronology; after all, she wasn't born on Earth and we don't know how her home planet's "year" compares to ours), especially since she really doesn't fit either Libra or Scorpio profiles.

I'd like to suggest she has some Aquarius in her birthchart (her natural good looks, her humanitarian nature, her stubbornness, and her electricity), but the "fire" in her personality is undeniable (thus Sagittarius, Leo, or Aries).

Hey! How about the OTHER characters? I vote Virgo for Ryuunosuke, Capricorn for Sakura, Gemini for Benten, and Oyuki is a Taurus.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »
I've read that Rumiko Takahashi used Lum and other aliens to show that they aren't different from Earth's people, therefore maybe they use the same calendar but they don't celebrate birthdays. They don't celebrate birthdays because in the episode where her friends (including Ataru, Stormtroopers, etc.) plan a party for her because it had been one year since her arrival, therefore if a year has passed and there's no birthday party, they don't celebrate. (I hope you understood what I mean)

Then again, she's an oni. Maybe our zodiac is different from theirs. Chinese zodiac goes for years. Our zodiac goes for months. Maybe they don't have a zodiac and she has no zodiac at all.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 04:19:28 PM »
I've read that Rumiko Takahashi used Lum and other aliens to show that they aren't different from Earth's people, therefore maybe they use the same calendar but they don't celebrate birthdays ... (I hope you understood what I mean)

Wakarimashita. Whether it's an Oni thing or just Lum's preference, she has never made a big deal out of the observance of her birthday.

Maybe our zodiac is different from theirs. Chinese zodiac goes for years. Our zodiac goes for months.

Or: Western Astrology has a 1-year cycle; Eastern Astrology has a 12-year cycle. But, I know what you mean (again).

Since Western Astrology is Earth-centered (positions of planets and stars are charted as-viewed-from-Earth), it would only be natural to make Onian Astrology Oni-based (or Uru-based, depending on what her home planet's called).
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 09:40:29 PM »
I think it's just a matter of imagination, since Rumiko Takahashi let that subject untouched. =)

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 12:39:05 PM »
Hey! How about the OTHER characters? I vote Virgo for Ryuunosuke, Capricorn for Sakura, Gemini for Benten, and Oyuki is a Taurus.

Now I've a black out of memory but I remember that Shinobu said that "my sign is totally compatilbe with Aries", who was the one of Mendo (and Ataru answered, giggling: "I'm an Aries too")

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »
Ataru is deffinetely an Aries because Aries are born between March 21 and April 20. Ataru was born in April 13th, making him an Aries.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 04:15:09 PM »
Shinobu is a Libra, as established in the manga. And, yes, Libra is compatable with Aries (they are opposite each other on the astrological "wheel").
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 03:13:44 AM »
I'm guessing Lum... was born in May 21st... of 1961 and that makes her... Gemini.

Based on Elements within the Zodiac, Gemini is considered compatible with Libra, Aquarius and Aries.
It is also considered an air sign, and is one of four mutable signs.

Individuals born under the four mutable quality signs are thought to be adaptable, impressionable, sharp, sympathetic, communicative, resourceful and restless, with a gift for seeing both sides of a situation at the same time and an immense desire for knowledge, variety and new ideas. They supposedly adapt very well to new situations, possess much flexibility, seldom have any particular agenda and are perfectly happy to fill in an assigned role. However, they are also said to be inconsistent, changeable, nervous, indecisive and irresponsible, with a tendency to get wrapped up in tiny particulars.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about astrology... or other made up mumbo jumbo... this is purely hypothetical view of this user study of Wikipedia... ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 12:20:51 PM »
She can't be born in May. She MUST have been born in October.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »
LoL...

I was just using Agnes Lum birth day... and birth month and then I made some math for the year... and voila... May 21st... of 1961. ;D

Disclaimer: This is completly made up mumbo jumbo... this is purely hypothetical.
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 11:24:01 PM »
She can't be born in May. She MUST have been born in October.

Excuse me, Cata: in which episode it's saied that Lamù is about 6 month younger than Ataru?

I surely missed it.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 11:44:27 PM »
or 6 month OLDER than Ataru :P

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura