Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:35:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 256
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

Author Topic: Ataru's Happiness  (Read 8398 times)

Offline oni

• Fan
Re: Ataru's Happiness
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 05:56:04 AM »
<sorry  i  know.  I am  a   terible   writer.>  Well  i  like  and  read  most  of  RT  works.  She  gave  most  of  her  works  a  proper  ending  ,or  at  least  kind  of   open  ending  that  tells  the  reather  was  going  to  happen  in  the  future.  But  in  UY  she  just  ends  it  giving  the  inpresion  that  the  story  contius  ,but  she  is  not  going  to  write  animore.

Offline dak

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:09 AM »
sorry that i have discourage you, i really didn't mean it. I have written a story too( unfinished of course)
As you said i may have misunderstood UY last chapter sorry
The only person Lum love is Ataru.
Only thing i can do is watch over her from darkness.

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 05:13:20 AM »
yes but it's a shame that rumiko takahashi doesn't give a real ending to the story, i think that she could very well do a 10th season with ataru proposing to lum, the wedding preparations, then ataru would get cold-feet but then he would realize that he loves lum, and the final episode with the actual wedding. and maybe a few episodes about their after-married life but being the way she is we can never expect that from rumiko

Rumiko showed her angry that one-chapter character Lum turned to be major character and her originally-planned major character Shinobu turned to be a supporting character because of readers' claim.

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 10:34:10 AM »
Since I love UY as it is, I love that she "listened" to the fans. But on the other hand, it amazes me that an artist does whatever his fans want (in a bad way).

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »
Actually, I think that Urusei yatsura with Lum not being the main female character would have been so booooring...
if Lum had only been a temporary villian and Shinobu had been the love interest, as Takahashi wanted, I doubt UY would have been the hit it is today!
She should be glad she decided to listen to those fans too! :)

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 03:23:07 AM »
Actually, I think that Urusei yatsura with Lum not being the main female character would have been so booooring...
if Lum had only been a temporary villian and Shinobu had been the love interest, as Takahashi wanted, I doubt UY would have been the hit it is today!
She should be glad she decided to listen to those fans too! :)

You never know that, for all we know, if she had intended to make shinobu the main character, she already had a defined path to lead the manga. Suddenly chaninging characters would make a worse story, more rushed considering mangaka's tight deadlines.

On the other hand, if she changed her original idea that easily, then she either didn't have much story thought out, or she wasn't pleased with it...
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 10:48:30 AM »
Heck, everyone needs money these days. And it has been 30 years (?) since she wrote UY so maybe she really needed to make a name for herself. As soon as she saw that Lum was a big hit, BOOM. Let's change this up.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »
Rumiko has always been very dependent on her editors.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 01:18:49 PM »
Give people what they want! Lum in plenty! XDXD

You never know that
I don't know about the others, but I know about ME! I surely wouldn't have been such a huge fan of UY without Lum as a main character.

That's the reason because I say she should be glad she decided to listen to those fans: She created a legendary series, she pleased her fans and made big money over it in one shot! Jackpot! :)

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »
Raikuni:

Personally, if I was Rumiko, I wouldn't listen to fans. I write raps (I'm no gangsta xD) and some people don't like it. They say I'm going too far and yada yada yada. I don't care. It's my stuff. My art. So, if manga is her art I would be pleased to know that she just ignored fans regarding that matter.

Just to clarify:

I don't approve Rumiko's opinions and way of doing things.
I love UY as she decided to make BUT there are also a few things I would change but that doesn't mean I don't consider UY as one of the best Anime's of all time.

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 02:29:30 PM »
So, if manga is her art I would be pleased to know that she just ignored fans regarding that matter.

Fair enough. Actually I must say I don't like authors that are willing to modify their works to make more money! I tend to respect people who keep doing what they believe in despite the others' opinion.
Still, Urusei yatsura was Rumiko's first manga and she had to choose if leaving it as it was and risking people didn't take interest in it, or listening to her fans and taking the easy way!

Thanks to the success Urusei yatsura gained, she became a famous mangaka and had the chance to create many other works she has (as far as I know) never modified due to her fans whims.

Plus, since she modified UY so easily, maybe she wasn't so sure about her first manga and took her fans' wish as an advise to take the right way.

I don't like Rumiko Takahashi. I don't like any other of her works aside Urusei yatsura (except maybe Ranma), so I am not irrationally defending her, I'm just saying what I think.

Though, I admit I'm cutting her a lot of slack since her lack of respect toward her initial work helped to create my favourite anime series ever!  :) :) :)

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »
But that's the thing I hate: "I'll just kiss everyone's butts until I've made a name for myself and once it happens, I'll just spit on everyone's face".

I don't know, maybe I'm being immature and stupid. xD

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 11:07:41 AM »
On the conrary, you are strong! Alas, the world is weak...

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »
Thanks xD

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »
yes but i think that she should change her style a little because most of the episodes that you see ataru's love for lum it's always the same plot, ataru acts like a jerk, lum cries, ataru regrets and goes back to her
That is so true. That's why I had wanted to start a a topic that talked about how ataru and lum connect. Because to me, its like they don't unless Lum leaves like you said. The way I tried looking at their relationship was like: From it a girl can learn how to stay faithful to her man through thick and thin, because of how Lum always stays even if Ataru flirts with someone in front of her. But idk. I guess them being together is supposed to be a symbol for a moral.