Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:31:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 216
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

Author Topic: For the Relationship Challenged  (Read 22272 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: For the Relationship Challenged
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »
It's Final Exams and I have one exam left.

I'm done school

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »
You know what happens next, right? BEACH!!!!!! @_@  ATARU MODE ON! x'D

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »
........ Are you suggesting I should go to a beach, alone, and go up to random girls whose age could be anywhere between 20 and 29 (because my age judgement SUCKS)?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »
@urusei or u could just go to the mall wit friends and if you see a girl you like go for it!*MOKKORI!!!*

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2011, 09:06:14 PM »
-_-'''

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2011, 05:04:45 AM »
-_-'''

I see your problem sir. And seriously you need to get over it. Are you going to let that problem hinder you for the rest of your life?

Oh btw, the problem is obviously you're shy towards the opposite sex... deal with it... btw if you think about it wouldn't a anime loving girl be shy about telling someone else (boys) that she likes that kind of thing?

You can always try Craigslist...Here... check her out... ;D http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/w4m/2328081592.html
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2011, 07:07:17 AM »
No.... here's what my real problem is:

When I meet a new person (regardless of gender) I am generally really friendly.  I'm not as socially awkward as I seem to lead on and I think I may use this as a defense mechanism sometimes.  My problem lies that I am too friendly and end up in that area most people call "the friend zone" before I even start considering making a move.

Then the one time this DOESN'T happen, I wait too long. 

Before I can really start on moving forward, I think I need to make sure I'm completely over this person.  I am NOT going to confront her because I am NOT the kind of person who will make another feel awkward or guilty, (even though that's what I might want deep down. Luckily, I have desires that take priority over that one). 

Instead, I will actually try to be friends.  This way I can get over her without actually bothering her.

Have I made any errors in my thinking this time?

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2011, 07:31:30 AM »
Have I made any errors in my thinking this time?

Yes...

Before I can really start on moving forward, I think I need to make sure I'm completely over this person.

Now seriously... talk with the girl from the link I posted earlier... ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2011, 10:57:51 AM »
Neo, don't wait for the feelings to go away. You have to kick them out and I mean it. I waited 2 and half years and when I decided to kick her out of my mind, it only lasted 3 days. Why didn't I do it sooner? Because I'm stupid, that's why. Don't do the same mistake I did.

I feel like you're coming with all these excuses in order not to move on. Also, you're so obcessed with finding a girlfriend that you may not find her because you end up being blinded by your own standards.

I'm not looking for a relationship right now because Law school eats my spare time so I don't want to waste no one's time. And I also want to focus 100% on classes. Of course that for my friends I always have time but not for boy/girlfriends. However, in a boy/girlfriend I search for sense of humor, positive attitude and kindness. I don't care about what his/her hobbies are, their favourite colour, what music they're listening to because we can share those and end up liking the same things, with time.

Like, we're young and so what if we're single? PARTY ON! ;)

Also, don't look for love. Let love find you. xD

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »
Did I say I was going to wait? No

I said I was going to be friends with her. 

After all this I'm already feeling like I've gotten over her a lot, which is why the next step would be friends. 

If I "cut her off" then that's just going to make it hundreds of times more difficult the next time I see her unexpectedly. That would be the equivalent of quitting smoking and then having a cigarette a few months later, you're just back where you started. 

Instead I'm taking the approach that will allow me to see her without bothering me.

By the way... "Let love find you"? Are you serious? As if that HASN'T been my approach thus far?

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2011, 01:24:44 AM »
I will give you these advices, UruseiNeo, and I do apologize if they sound quite simple

Be yourself, be honest to yourself, don't become obsessive, enjoy every second of love that life gives you, respect yourself as well as other people, stop suffering because of love and start gaining power because of love, don't do drugs, eat your vegetables and always remember that friendship is a special kind of love

I wish you the best of luck

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2011, 02:28:52 AM »
THANKYOU, Exactly.

That was mostly what I am trying to do.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2011, 02:34:46 AM »
THANKYOU, Exactly.

That was mostly what I am trying to do.

I also wish you the best of luck... you'll need it... especially when the time comes to eat your vegetables... ;D

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:31 AM »
Hey, guess what? I can eat broccoli. I taught myself to tolerate it and now I can eat a side plate's worth and PREFER to when possible :p

So :p :p :p

Btw, that actually brings up a completely different reason why I am going to hold off looking for someone.  I really would like to get in better shape, and I will pound any one of you who says something about how I shouldn't worry about how I look I AM AWARE. 

But I happen to proud that watching an hours worth of anime while working on the Elliptical results in about 1000 caloires burned :D

So that's going to be my summer project. (According to my KIN class textbook, a REALISTIC goal is 10% of your current weight lost in one year. That means I should try to lose about 3% of my weight this summer.)

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »
It's fine to care about how you look BUT don't get obcessed with it. In fact, don't get obcessed with anything. Whether it's a girl, a game or love. Or whatever comes to your mind.