Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 216
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 171
Total: 171

Author Topic: There's Something About Lum  (Read 5797 times)

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
There's Something About Lum
« on: August 28, 2011, 01:12:20 AM »
There's a reason this subject has this title.

I notice more males on this site. lol That's not a bad thing, and I know there are girls too, but seeing it just makes me think:

"Wow! So Lum has qualities that some guys would just absolutely love, like for some reason she just appeals to them a lot; almost like she's the girlfriend they want when it comes down to it. Or maybe I haven't seen all of the girl fans. For the guys, I can see why she appeals to you btw."

Someone tell me if i'm wrong. lol

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
Re: There's Something About Lum
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 06:21:08 AM »
Lum is sexy in a great many ways but she can't cook, she gets very jealous and she doesn't even try and restrain her temper and on top of that most of Ataru's problems in the UY series come about because no one is really listening to what anyone else has to say.

Now not cooking isn't as bad a problem as thinking she CAN cook but cooks food that is nearly fatal to any who eat it.

If you watch a lot of the series you will find that while many of Ataru's friends thinks Lum is very sexy they ALL regret eating her cooking. Having a temper like that isn't healthy either and drives Ataru away.

Lum is also very picky about guys they can't be chubby or old or anything so there's more to her than you get from watching just a few episodes.

Do you have Netflix where you live? They have the entire UY series on DVD!  ;D
Why keep a dog and bark yourself?

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »
Some of that stuff you just listed i didnt know lol but yeah, like the title of this topic, there's something more to her.

But no i dont have Netflix. i watched UY on youtube. All of the episodes and movies but only a few OVAS.
Do you have anything else to say about how Ive noticed more guys on this site?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:15:00 PM by SonicxReiHino »

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 06:47:21 PM »
Some of that stuff you just listed i didnt know lol but yeah, like the title of this topic, there's something more to her.

But no i dont have Netflix. i watched UY on youtube. All of the episodes and movies but only a few OVAS.
Do you have anything else to say about how Ive noticed more guys on this site?

I think more guys beause they are into sexy anime girls who also have vibrant personailities and are not boring like some other Anime girls.
Also it probably has to do more with what society deems acceptable. Guys who are Otaku in this country (USA) probably don't really care that
they don't fit into others expectations of who they should and shouldn't be.

I think girls tend to want to conform more. That is not to say all girls, but certainly conforming to others expectations with less rebelling.
Oh and Youtube mislabels the episodes. There are more on the DVD's than on Youtube. I was going through the numbers the other day looking for an ep that my wife likes as she is into bodybuilding and it was really funny when Lum was trying out bodybuilding to prepare for that school fight without using her powers.

Anywaythe numbers of the episodes on Youtube are fairly innacurate IMO.

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:06:38 PM »
Do you mean its inaccurate because like the first episode, it really has two parts, but they upload it as one episode?

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »
Do you mean its inaccurate because like the first episode, it really has two parts, but they upload it as one episode?

Well based on the DVD's the ones on YouTube certainly don't line up. Most episodes count as 2 segments and I think the YouTube uploaders count each segment as 1 episode.
It's confusing but yes the first episode was with Lum and the game of tag, Raining Oil was actualy part 2 of that. That was the equivilant of 4 segments. The 2 Stupid Dogs are the same way you have one episode of the 2 Stupid Dogs, then super Secret squirrel and then another 2 stupid dogs episode.

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:21:16 PM »
So there are more episodes that I didn't see?

Offline AtaruLum

• Huge Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »
There are 218 stories, in Japanese and italian are also the total episodes, in USA AnimEigo count the first 42 stories as 21 episodes, 43 and 44 as TV-Special, so the result is 195 episodes.
(formerly known as AtaruLumFan or short ALF :D)
UY Voting in Germany:
Please vote for Urusei Yatsura in Germany weekly!

Offline Kasaioni

• Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 06:38:17 AM »
I just go by what Wiki has on the episode guide and watch the episodes by the date they were released.

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »
Lum isn't too jealous. Anyone would be jealous if their love interest acted like Ataru.

Offline Kasaioni

• Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 05:28:30 PM »
I think that guys like her clingy attitude and her dedication I guess. And also the fact that she doesn't mind flaunting around in a bikini whenever.

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 09:43:16 AM »
Yeah that makes sense. This topic has just been something ive wondered about for a while.

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »
Most guys don't like clingy girls. Although it certainly depends on the couple.
Lum is very open with her feelings and the feelings are genuine. Most women seem to
hide their true feelings and I'm fairly certain many guys don't like that.

Of course many guys also hide their true feelings so.....

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 07:49:51 PM »
So youre saying clinginess isnt always likable but for Lum its an exception because her feelings are genuine?

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »
So youre saying clinginess isnt always likable but for Lum its an exception because her feelings are genuine?

No, I'm saying that most guys do not like clingy women. However there are guys who do, just as there are some women who like clingy guys. But that is not the norm. Ataru runs away from Lum because she is so clingy and yet when they went on a date she wasn't clingy at all and Ataru wanted her more.
Her jealousy and clinginess are what drive him away.
But for any of Lums Stormtroopers or Mendou they would be very happy to have Lum be clingy with them.
That's why I said it depends.

The part that a lot of guys like about Lum apart from the fact she is incredibly beautiful is the fact she is open about her feelings and guys like Mendou want her for both her beauty and her openness and honesty.

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 12:59:03 AM »
Oh ok, I get it. Its like the 4th movie, at the end, Megane was one of the people who urged Ataru to go up to Lum but after a while he was like, Oh who am I kidding lol and so he and everyone else started running after Ataru. XD

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »
Oh ok, I get it. Its like the 4th movie, at the end, Megane was one of the people who urged Ataru to go up to Lum but after a while he was like, Oh who am I kidding lol and so he and everyone else started running after Ataru. XD

Well sort of, but Ataru wants to be the one doing the chasing, he doesn't go for girls who chase him.

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »
Yeah I know. Oh but we have to remember, its no fun for him if Lum isnt angry trying to stop him xD

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 11:35:01 PM »
Yeah I know. Oh but we have to remember, its no fun for him if Lum isnt angry trying to stop him xD

Maybe, I think he really hates getting caught but he's always up for the thrill of "Chicks Hunting" as my wife says.
Ataru lives life on the edge.  ;)

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 04:34:15 AM »
It just goes back to what I said before how theres something about Lum. :D without her Ataru isnt the same. Its something about her that changes his life. A fanfiction that comes to mind about this topic is The Great Switch. Its on here btw. I mention this cus Ataru gets to see just what Lums life is like and how others treat her.