Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:01:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 257
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 256
Total: 256

Author Topic: UY Timeline?  (Read 3370 times)

Offline lons_vex

• Registered
UY Timeline?
« on: March 16, 2005, 01:16:55 AM »
Hello!

I recently started watching Urusei Yatsura and I was wondering about the exact timeline of the TV series/specials/movies.
I've read that the Spring Special should be watched between episodes 21/22.
Does anyone out there know when exactly I am supposed to watch the movies?
Or am I supposed to watch the movies in a row when I have seen the whole tv series?
Anyone ever did a timeline chart or something of that sort?

Thanks.

Offline Megane_portugal

• Chibi
  • i love lum,hehehehe!
Re: UY Timeline?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 11:22:04 AM »
first you have to see te tv series of lum an after that ,you will understand better the movies.thats my advice.lum series have 185 epidodes more the ovas are 10.i think.
the only reason that you love me is iam hayed by all

Offline MrOni

• Casual Fan
    • Anime music videos.org
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 11:44:45 AM »
You should at least watch the first 10 dvds or laserdiscs before you watch the movies. Especially a movie like beautiful dreamer or the characters won't mean much to you. 

Mr Oni
I'm not a pervert!

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 02:56:01 PM »
You should see the episodes from 1 to 62, and you should be ready for "Only You"! :)
Then from 63 to 100 and then "Beautiful Dreamer"!! :P
From 101 to 142 and you can enjoy "Remember My Love"!!!  :*)
From 143 to the end for "Lum The Forever" and especially "Boy Meets Girl"!!!!   :D
"Itsudatte My Darling" is the last of all!! ;)
Most of the Ova are referred to late manga episodes, so... :&
Oh, Inaba's Oav (Lum no Mirai wa Donaruccha?!") should be seen before "Boy Meets Girl", it's not included in the series and explains several interesting things and the origins of Inaba, one of the tons of characters in the movie!! :)
Quite obviously you will have to see only episodes you can find, you are not forced to see the unedited ones... we are still missing several episodes, after all! :'(
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 03:01:08 PM by Moroboshi »
...I love summer sun...

Offline Judas

• Fan
    • Tales of the World: The RPG
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 05:23:59 PM »
I didn't really find it hard to understand the characters when I first watched 'Only You', probably because I looked them up quite a few times at Tomobiki, I didn't start watching TV episodes until afterwards(I bought Box set 4 along with Only You at a Con), the only thing I  was disappointed with about the episodes and movie was that Ryuunosuke wasn't in it but after watchingeach a few times I figured out that the movie probably took place before that batch of eps... over the last few months I've downloaded random eps both before and after 'Only You' because around here I can't buy them....well I think I rambled enough my point is that you don't have to see the entire series to understand a character if you have somewhat of a knowledge of them....

My only reason for importing NAMCO X CAPCOM...I have no life

Offline MrOni

• Casual Fan
    • Anime music videos.org
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 12:40:14 PM »
True true the first lum thing I saw was Beautiful dreamer and it was too wierd for me because I didn't know any of the characters and it had lum in her bikini on the cover but she wasn't in the movie too much I fell asleep about half way through and turned it off.   Luckily there was a place that had all the lum tapes for rent. I agree you could watch movie 1 and 3 without really knowing the characters.

Mr Oni
I'm not a pervert!

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 12:54:24 PM »
I agree you could watch movie 1 and 3 without really knowing the characters

Yes, it's certainly possible, but once you already know them you can watch the movie enjoying better several details! :)

You can watch "Spiderman" even without knowing nothing about the comics, but if you know them you may be able to catch a lot of things, like the one-arm teacher of Peter, that will surely become Lizardman in a third or fourth movie... 8)
...I love summer sun...

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 02:55:31 AM »
You can watch "Spiderman" even without knowing nothing about the comics, but if you know them you may be able to catch a lot of things, like the one-arm teacher of Peter, that will surely become Lizardman in a third or fourth movie...

Huh, was Conners in movie 2? I know he wasn't in movie 1 because Peter was still in high school and he didn't actually 'meet' Conners until he went to ESU...

Personally I wish I didn't know anything about the comics before watching the movies, mostly because of the inconsistancies and the lack of a cast(they cut out pretty much all of the Daily Bugle employee roster and most of them are pretty important....) they also cut out a few people from high school in movie 1(Liz Allen, Miles Warren and Gwen Stacy) they probably will nix  alot of other people in the remainder of the movies like Mysterio, Scorpion, Kraven The Smythes and the Symbiots...

backon topic...

I just recently saw Beautiful Dreamer and thought it was wierd, not because of the characters but other things, Lum the Forever made more sense to me than that did and from what Ive heard that movie's supposed to be wierder...

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 01:21:48 PM »
Huh, was Conners in movie 2?
Yup! :)

Personally I wish I didn't know anything about the comics before watching the movies, mostly because of the inconsistancies and the lack of a cast...
Well, I'm not a Spiderman fan, never read comics (only tons of manga! :P), but a couple of friends of mine have a good knowledge of Marvel world and I did watch the movies with them, jumping on their seat every time they saw someone they knew from the comic!! :&
Thanks to them now I know that Jameson's son will probably become a villain in a next movie... :?

backon topic...
Yeah, right... :&

I just recently saw Beautiful Dreamer and thought it was wierd, not because of the characters but other things, Lum the Forever made more sense to me than that did and from what Ive heard that movie's supposed to be wierder...

That's quite strange... :|
I mean, you are the first one who says that the 2nd movie is wierder than 4th... :/
Certainly it is wierd, but once you reach the end it's all clear!!
After reaching the end of "Lum the forever" everybody looks at me asking "...and then...? :?"
What are those things you consider really wierd about BD? :)
...I love summer sun...

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 03:42:17 PM »
:shrugs: I don't know, it just seemed wierd, alot of it reminded me of that part towards the end of 'End of Evangelion' when Shinji asked Rei 'What are dreams'

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 01:53:07 PM »
LOL  :D)
That's Oshii style, I love it!  :)
...I love summer sun...