Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:48:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 259
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

Author Topic: Ataru and Lum Marriage (Why and How)  (Read 29817 times)

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Re: Ataru and Lum Marriage (Why and How)
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2011, 11:24:59 AM »
Raikuni, my comment was not for you. It was for everyone but not in particular.

However, your answer made me think. You say, everyone should draw and post whatever they feel like, right?

Then, you say an artist should get constructive criticism.

I agree with you on this.

But is "I like your work" or "your work is disgusting" constructive criticism?

Also, just because you draw it means that you know what's good art and bad art? Let me tell you something: art differs from person to person.

Also, in that particular case (fatty Lum) constructive criticism is about fat proportions or character characteristics. No one can say that the artist can't draw a fat person quite nicely, and I mean that about how a real fat person looks like.

Constructive criticism isn't "I like" or "you suck!". It's much more than that. Constructive criticism is something like that "I think the neck is too big" or "I love the eyes but that nose is kind of weird". In "fatty Lum", your comment should be more "I'm not a fan of fatty Lum BUT you sure know how to draw obese people" or whatever.

I don't like to think that Lum or any other character became fat BUT the author of "fatty Lum" is on of the best artists I've ever seen. The proportions are amazing. It's rare to see a person that can draw every part of the drawing in the same proportion.

And you can say whatever your opinion is on art without lying. Don't like it, say it. Like it? Say it. But don't say that's constructive criticism.

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2011, 01:21:48 PM »
First off I apologize to you ,Cata, for having taken personally a comment that was addressing no one in particular.

You know what? You're right. Comments like "your work is disgusting" or, in my very case "I hate that "fatty Lum images" are not constructive criticism at all. My opinion was obviously blurred by the fact that Lum is a character that I really like the way she is, and it looks like I can't appreciate that form of her, as I already specified, not nicely fat, but fetishingly obese.

I also admit that lines and proportions, as well as the anatomy of a fat body, are really well done in those drawings, plus, the author shows a good use of the colours,and that gets extra points in my book.

(sigh...) ALTHOUGH once again you're putting in my mouth word I didn't say. I've never said that "just because I draw" I know what is good art and bad art. I just said that, as a drawer, I know how much important are positive and even negative comments.
I'd surely prefer something like: "Your works are nice enough but I think you could do better this and that" than a simple "nice sketch" because the first one helps me improve.
Beside I know my art's nothing special, it's not like I'm boasting around about it.

Anyway, I do not wish to summon a debate with you, Cata, you seem a nice person so I'd like for us to stay in good terms :)
Moreover, I think we're way out of topic! So let's return to the original one, 'kay? ;D

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2011, 05:25:43 PM »
Oh please, discuss if you want. I think it's okay to discuss with people who know how to discuss. You're obviously NOT one of those people that can't accept other opinions or that has to be ALWAYS right or else! =)

I'll gladly discuss with you whatever UY topic you want. Even Mendo's hairgel. xD

I appologize for not understanding you correctly on that "I'm an artist so I know what's good and bad art". I really thought you meant that. This said, I take that "accusation" back.

Finally, thanks for the compliments. ^.^ You seem a nice person, too. =)

But yeah... Lum & Ataru (don't want to create confusion by putting a "+") will get married (poor attempt on putting the thread on the right track) xD
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:42:19 AM by cata »

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2011, 07:07:25 PM »
You're obviously one of those people that can't accept other opinions or that has to be ALWAYS right or else! =)
Ahah whatever you say dear Cata, ANYWAY, that makes two of us =)

They will definitely get married!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:13:32 PM by raikuni »

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »
Oh snap! I forgot to type "not" after "obviously". I hope you realized that mistake. I really meant to say that you're NOT one of those people! =(

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Oh my God! One misunderstanding after another!
Maybe if we reach 10 mistakes in one discussion Lum-chan will give us a prize, like a panda plushie or something! XDXD

Once again, sorry, and thanks for the compliments!  ;D

Umpteenth attempt on putting the topic on the right track :-X: I think Ataru and Lum are simply destinated to be married one day! After all I don't see any other possibility, since not getting married would mean for them to part their ways and find someone else, and that's UNAPCETTABLE!!

Another possibility would be for them to chase each other forever, like Takahashi kind of hinted with the ending of the 5th movie, but I think marriage with Ataru is something Lum cherishes too much to give it up, and Ataru's feelings for her were costantly raising during the series.

And let's not forget the future Ataru and Lum saw in which they got married and Lum's "sweet home with Darling" doorknob still wandering in the rabbit hole.

In short, I'm firmly convinced they'll eventually get married! Rumiko left an open final to let anyone understanding the UY gang's gonna live thousands of adventures before getting settled, but I can't think for the two of them not being together! XDXD

To anyone: What do you think?  :)

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2011, 12:00:56 PM »
It's not like if they won't marry they can't be together. People can still be together for years without marrying. Most people marry because of the rights that come with it. My parents is one of those examples.

But yeah, they'll definetely get married.

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »
OH MY GOD, MY EYES!!!!

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING?!?!?!?!?

I AM NOT AGAINST COUPLES HAVING INTIMATE MOMENTS BUT THAT PICTURE LOOKS LIKE A SCENE TAKEN FROM SOME WEIRD HENTAI MOVIE

ARE YOU IMPLYING, ATARU+LUM, THAT LUM AND ATARU HAVE TO FUSE THEIR BODIES/BECOME A MONSTER IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY?!?!?

I DO NOT THINK THAT MAY WORK CONSIDERING THAT THEY DO NOT SEEM TO ENJOY SUCH UNHOLY UNION

(My apologies for writing with huge letters, Lumaholics, but I needed to express my opinion)

It is interesting that Ataru and Lum becomes wholly union - live and die together.  This is a fate as Cherry says.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »
"T'is fate" by Cherry is ALWAYS reffering to Ataru's bad luck. I don't believe in fates and destinies and such but I do think that Lum and Ataru were made and meant to be together (well... not made because Rumiko wanted Ataru&Shinobu).

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »
If I am Ataru, I must devote my love on Shinobu and do not be flirt. I don't give any chance for Lum to capture me! If she forces me (non-flirt Ataru) to love her and hurts Shinobu, I must defence Shinobu and my right of love against Lum, even though I may scarifies my life. If Lum zaps me, I will use a hard stone to knock her head and break her horns. I don't let Lum do what she wants in the Earth because I win the tag game and she must go with gentlemanship. (Human is human, Oni is oni. They cannot be together in reality.)

But as a third-part guy, I am willing to see flirt Ataru suffering torture by Lum. It will keep the safety of all female in the World.

(If Flirt Ataru does any thing stupid to anger Lum, it is easy for Lum to make Ataru to be Burnt Toast even Burnt Chicken Leg.)

(Ataru says, "Lum, please don't BDSM me!!!")

If I am Lum, I will give two choices to Ataru - Being turned to an ugly boy (Unremovable horns on his head, decayed teeth, no way to date another girl else) and staying in the Earth, or Keeping original appearance but moving (being kidnapped) to Oniboshi and no return to the Earth.

(Ataru seems helpless and trapped by Invader's father and daughter! In this scene, Lum does not zap Ataru, but Ataru has still no way to escape from Lum. Also compared with King Invader, Ataru is too short, slim and weak. Even though Ataru has strong physical fitness, it is impossible for Ataru to fight with King Invader. Ataru seems frightened of Invader's family because he can't identifiy if they are hostile.)

If I am King Invader, I will say to Ataru that you must be punished because he ends my dream of conquering the Earth.

To Ataru, he enjoys freedom, girl hunting and queen-palace dream (queen-palace = a boy / man having multiple lovers). Existance of Lum ends his queen-palace dream. Without freedom, he seems to be imprisoned by Lum.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:44:51 AM by Ataru+Lum »

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »
I'll give you some advice: don't publish ANY story written by you. You'll have NO success at all.

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 02:34:01 PM »
I'll give you some advice: don't publish ANY story written by you. You'll have NO success at all.
Point... XDXD

Offline theclaw

• The protector.
  • Fan
  • Weird and weird.
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »
3 points... No, he's goaltending!

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »
(Human is human, Oni is oni. They cannot be together in reality.)

Who can argue against this logical statement?

Somehow I understand your last post, Ataru+Lum, but I think there are some flaws on your story

First of all, How can Ataru break Lum's horns with a stone yet he is unable to break the horns that Lum will install on him? Are Onis' horns softer than artificial horns in your universe?

Second, How can Ataru be trapped by "Invader's father and daughter"? I don't see Lum's grandfather on the picture

Third, I think you should use the word "Harem" instead of "Queen-Palace" considering that it is the universal term

Finally, We need to decrease those BDSM scenes considering that it will ruin the story's continuity

I know those are just minor mistakes, Ataru+Lum, but I think you should keep practicing on your writing skills and you would be able to write an excellent story regarding Ataru and Lum

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2011, 09:57:25 PM »
If Lum zaps me, I will use a hard stone to knock her head and break her horns.
Boy, you're cruel!
What would you do if she bites you? Dislodge her teeth with an uppercut?!