Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:02:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 256
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225

Author Topic: Ataru and Lum Marriage (Why and How)  (Read 29815 times)

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
Re: Ataru and Lum Marriage (Why and How)
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2011, 06:45:22 AM »
i dont think Ataru is THAT ugly. Hell this guy is worse than Ataru and hes still able to get a hot chick.
Spoiler (hover to show)
But anyways im sure Ataru KNOWS hes gonna get married sooner or later but hes trying to live out the rest of his free days till hes a devoted husband lol
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:44:51 AM by foxhead556 »

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2011, 11:02:09 AM »
I had a philosophy teacher and I swear I'm not overreacting: he's one ugly and disgusting man! He sweats like a pig, doesn't have a sense of humor and all he cared about was eating chicken and philosophy.

One day, he showed us a picture of his wife. OMG!!! How can such an unattractive man get this fine looking woman? I couldn't accept such a thing because... well... I can't talk about looks but I'm not disgusting, I have a sense of humor and I care about other things beside my job.

Me and my friends tried to come up with explanations for this phenomenon like he's rich, she's a dumb blonde, etc. In the end, the other teachers explained to us why they're together and it's love. xD

So... yeah. Miracles still happen to VERY ugly people. =)

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2011, 01:57:10 PM »
Indeed!
Even today, it's not so rare that a sheer soul and beautiful personality are considered more charming than eight-pack abs or big breasts.
I also have a friend who is very ugly, but in spite of what happens in his life, he will stay cheerful and positive. The result is that girls would kill for him! XD

Basically, it depends on the person's perspective: just like Ataru and Lum.

Despite her beauty, Lum seems to appreciate a beautiful personality the most, that explain why she dumped the handsome but dimwit Rei and accepts to stay with Ataru, uglier, but with a kind soul deep within.

Ran, for example, and also Shinobu sometimes, seem to prefer the appearance. 

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 01:59:53 AM by Ataru+Lum »

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »
OH MY GOD, MY EYES!!!!

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING?!?!?!?!?

I AM NOT AGAINST COUPLES HAVING INTIMATE MOMENTS BUT THAT PICTURE LOOKS LIKE A SCENE TAKEN FROM SOME WEIRD HENTAI MOVIE

ARE YOU IMPLYING, ATARU+LUM, THAT LUM AND ATARU HAVE TO FUSE THEIR BODIES/BECOME A MONSTER IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY?!?!?

I DO NOT THINK THAT MAY WORK CONSIDERING THAT THEY DO NOT SEEM TO ENJOY SUCH UNHOLY UNION

(My apologies for writing with huge letters, Lumaholics, but I needed to express my opinion)

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »
Calm down, Cosmic. It's just a pic ;)

Raikuni:  that got me thinking... I must be one heck of a woman (but I'm not) xD

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »
Calm down, Cosmic. It's just a pic ;)

Raikuni:  that got me thinking... I must be one heck of a woman (but I'm not) xD

The same could've been said about the fat Lum version. =/

@Raikuni: Aside from the bad joke, that pic is seriously failing in proportions...
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, 05:06:33 PM »
You are right, Cata, I need to relax a bit considering that such is not the Harbinger of Doom or something, hehehehe

Despite her beauty, Lum seems to appreciate a beautiful personality the most, that explain why she dumped the handsome but dimwit Rei and accepts to stay with Ataru, uglier, but with a kind soul deep within.

Ran, for example, and also Shinobu sometimes, seem to prefer the appearance.

That might explain why Lum accepted a date with Kuribayashi-sensei even when he was an enemy of Ataru if we consider the fact that Lum saw him as a shy and (kinda) noble man even when most students saw him as a tyrant

An interesting fact that comes to mind is that Kuribayashi-sensei was voiced by Tessho Genda, the same man that was the voice of Rei

Now regarding Ran and Shinobu, it is quite interesting to notice that only Shinobu has confessed that all she wanted is physical beauty (at least till she met Inaba) while Ran loves Rei no matter what appearance Rei takes

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2011, 04:18:08 AM »
Cosmic: I had a similar reaction to some of Ataru+Lum's fanart: it reminded me of the "Fatty Lum" invasion of a few years ago.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2011, 11:10:56 AM »
If you take that "fatty Lum" as another random character it isn't that bad. It's just art. You feel sick? Watch some original UY. ;)

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2011, 02:54:04 PM »
An interesting fact that comes to mind is that Kuribayashi-sensei was voiced by Tessho Genda, the same man that was the voice of Rei

Ahah Since Rei says about 10 words in the whole series, I think one can hardly tell! XD

That picture is hideous, and the absence of any text that may explain its function makes me feel even more puzzled. We were talking about bad looking people, not some impossible Oni/Earthling Kamasutra position.

that got me thinking... I must be one heck of a woman (but I'm not) xD

Oh, but I'm sure you are, Cata-chan. :)

I've got absolutely nothing against fat people, on the contrary! But I hate that "fatty Lum" images.
An overweight Lum in a cute pose and nice smile would surely look nice. A whale-sized Lum with a pile of junk-food in her hand and on her mouth with a disgusted-looking slim person staring at her is just plain fetish.

Anyway, I agree with Cata about watching some original UY! :)

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2011, 12:39:17 AM »
lol seems like every1 seen those fatty lum pics. When the hell was this event? but anyways i didn't really see anything crazy(expect ataru's rotten teeth) in ataru+lum's fan art. I thought the box with a heart on it was 1 of those censor things since ataru had lum's bra in his hand.

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2011, 10:48:46 AM »
You may not like to see a fatty Lum and there's nothing wrong with that BUT why can't someone who apreciates it, show it? Don't like it? Don't do it. ;)

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 02:52:37 PM »
OH MY GOD, MY EYES!!!!

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING?!?!?!?!?

I AM NOT AGAINST COUPLES HAVING INTIMATE MOMENTS BUT THAT PICTURE LOOKS LIKE A SCENE TAKEN FROM SOME WEIRD HENTAI MOVIE

ARE YOU IMPLYING, ATARU+LUM, THAT LUM AND ATARU HAVE TO FUSE THEIR BODIES/BECOME A MONSTER IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY?!?!?

I DO NOT THINK THAT MAY WORK CONSIDERING THAT THEY DO NOT SEEM TO ENJOY SUCH UNHOLY UNION

(My apologies for writing with huge letters, Lumaholics, but I needed to express my opinion)

Simply say, they share same wooden body and same heart.

When Lum feels furious and discharges electricity, Ataru will get the torture. He has no way to escape.

They will live and die together.

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2011, 04:08:46 PM »
You may not like to see a fatty Lum and there's nothing wrong with that BUT why can't someone who apreciates it, show it? Don't like it? Don't do it. Wink

I don't think I've ever said people are not allowed to post whathever they want Cata, I was just expressing my honest opinion about that topic in particular. Every artist who show his works should be ready for at least a bit of costructive criticism.
I think it's not fair saying I like his pictures when it's a lie, I'm a drawer too, so I know that's no good.

Simply say, they share same wooden body and same heart.

When Lum feels furious and discharges electricity, Ataru will get the torture. He has no way to escape.

They will live and die together.

...Oooookaaay... that was almost... poetically... disturbing.