Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:31:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 275
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 213
Total: 213

Author Topic: UY game on Nintendo DS!!!  (Read 12876 times)

Offline LupintheThird

• Registered
Re: UY game on Nintendo DS!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 02:54:37 AM »
Yup Mega CD was made by Sega, it I think was first a stand-alone thing then became a Genesis/Mega Drive attachment I myself never had one(One of the few consoles that ISN'T in my 'Console Museum') but I did play a few games on my cousin's like the original Lunar: The Silver Star and Lunar: Eternal Blue

Turns out the UY game was made by Game Arts, who also developed the Lunar games.

For anyone who is confused, the Mega CD and the Sega CD are the same thing, just for different regions of the world.

Okay, now who wants some UY DS news? Raise your hands!!

This DS take on the anime classic offers endless gameplay for bad players.
by Anoop Gantayat

August 12, 2005 - Marvelous Interactive announced a DS adaptation of the classic Urusei Yatsura anime a while back, but it wasn't until we got this week's issue of Famitsu in our hands that we learned all the details. The game's full name is Urusei Yatsura: Endless Summer, and it seem to offer love simulation gameplay with a twist.

Endless Summer begins when Lum, the green-haired heroine of the show, picks up her very own DS from Space Television Shopping. No, not the Nintendo portable DS system, but the Dairenai Simulation Machine. "Dairenai" means "Great Love." To use this machine, you input the stats for someone you have the hots for. That person is then forced to fall in love with the person who most loves him (it's a little complicated). Lum intends to use this item to put an end to main character Ataru Moroboshi's hanky-panky.

Playing as Ataru, the king of "nanpa" (picking up on chicks), you get to experience the month of August in the town of Tomobikichou. At the end of the summer, your love level with a bunch of girls, including Sakura, Oyuki, Sakura and, of course, Lum herself, is calculated. If Lum isn't the most affectionate for you, you get sent back to the start of summer and have to play the game again... hence then name "Endless Summer."

The game is split into days, with each day allowing for twelve hours of free movement, from ten in the morning to nine at night. You view Tomobikichou overhead, with the top screen showing the full town and the bottom screen showing a close up view where you control your character. Your goal is to look for girls, but you have to plan your moves carefully, as each change of location drains an hour from your clock.

Endless Summer makes use of the DS's touch capabilities by letting you get touchy feely with the characters. You can touch a character's face, body, chest or waist, and based on the location, your partner's reaction will change. You're not just limited to touching girls -- the male characters can also be touched to your heart's delight.

The Urusei Yatsura show was known for its humor, so we're hoping for a DS title that makes us laugh. A Japanese release for Endless Summer is set for October 20th.

[END of article]

I think they meant "Shinobu, Oyuki, and Sakura" not two Sakuras. Does anyone else agree that a dating sim sounds like an ideal genre for this series?

Offline Pac

• Big Fan
    • The Pacman Realm
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2005, 03:23:48 AM »
They finnaly updated it... took almost an year. Since there's no way an European release will ever happen I'll have to import it.

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2005, 02:58:11 PM »
They finnaly updated it... took almost an year. Since there's no way an European release will ever happen I'll have to import it.

Me too... xp
But it's the only one I'm missing right now... ;p
...I love summer sun...

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 05:04:29 AM »
Import From where???
Site plz
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Pac

• Big Fan
    • The Pacman Realm
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 06:19:45 AM »
You can't import yet, the game as just been anounced in Japan but you can import it from Amazon. Even if the game isn't released in the USA you can still import it from Amazon's japanese site.

Pictures!!!!! http://www.the-magicbox.com/0508/game050823b.shtml

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 01:48:57 PM »
...I already love it!!! O+  :Y
...I love summer sun...

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2005, 03:02:59 AM »
What about Amazon UK???
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline Pac

• Big Fan
    • The Pacman Realm
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2005, 04:00:10 AM »
The UK makes part of Europe (not that you don't know) and Mazon UK only has stuff that are actually sold in the UK and since it's almost impossible that an European release will happen... we will be lucky if an USA release ever happens...

Offline Judas

• Fan
    • Tales of the World: The RPG
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2005, 02:04:30 PM »
(This marks my return from Hell/Disney World and playing Legendia)

You could also use www.Play-Asia.com or www.Himeyashop.com if there are preorder bonuses I'd suggest Himeya because you're almost garuntee'd the bonus, Play-Asia you h ave to time your pre-order to get it(my experience from Namco x  Capcom and Legendia no earlier than 3 weeks before release)

Good ol'Famitsu you can always count on them, I wonder if they're looking for a video of someone solo'ing Gabriel(Indalico) in Star Ocean 2; back on topic was there any idea of a release like Quarter 2, 3, 4 06 it'll give me time to actually GET a DS

My only reason for importing NAMCO X CAPCOM...I have no life

Offline Koshiba

• Registered
    • Kyouri.net
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2005, 02:32:25 AM »
I plan to hopefully get this once I get a job and my DS. Lol. Even though I can't understand japanese, I still want to get it. :) Hopefully it won't go OOP or anything soon. I hate when that happens to games.

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2005, 12:17:04 AM »
I plan to hopefully get this once I get a job and my DS. Lol. Even though I can't understand japanese, I still want to get it. :) Hopefully it won't go OOP or anything soon. I hate when that happens to games.

I couldn't either but after importing 1, 2, 3...7(one being mostly in english cept for the new content) RPGs I learned to memorize most Katakana, some Hiragana and identify about 100 Kanji (Yatta! only 1/10 of the ammount the average Japanese person knows!), hopefully it'lll have some voice acting it's alot easier to identify the text/understand what they're saying if it's voiced

What do ou mean by 'OOP'

also I just checked Play-Asia.com and it lsays Endless Summer's release date is Oct 20th and it's 48.99 USD(Damn...the cheapest I've seen for a new release), might as well pre-order it and wait for November's Social Security check to get my DS

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2005, 06:05:54 PM »
Well I just got back from two weeks of being allergic to rabbits to find my copy burried under a pile of leaves, I can't play it until i get m DS but has anyone else gotten theirs yet, if so how is it

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2005, 05:27:41 AM »
I didnt even now it was already out

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2005, 12:58:12 AM »
Heh, I already had some chance to buy it, but I'm quite off budget thanks to Lucca Comics convention, where I found out a lot of new treasures... :9
It will take some time to be able to buy the game and the consolle... :&
...I love summer sun...

Offline bentenlover

• Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2005, 11:14:44 PM »
now u wont need mega drive o play sonic because it has just come sonic colections for ps2 and its all the games that were for mega drive since sonic 1 to i thinks sonic 3d
Is your faith traced, mine is, with Benten
Serious who thinks Benten should get a BIGGER GUN