Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:59:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 275
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215

Author Topic: UY game on Nintendo DS!!!  (Read 12874 times)

Offline Judas

• Fan
    • Tales of the World: The RPG
Re: UY game on Nintendo DS!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 11:43:18 PM »
Just because there isn't any info on it yet doesn't mean it's in production, game companies often conceal information until a few months prior to release, for example Namco's Tales of Legendia that's comming out this year has been under production since early 2003 yet they didn't release anything until last september(first under a tentative title with a BEAUTIFULLY animated trailer) then last month they released signifigant information on it

Even if the game's released only in Japan you can still play it, DS, GBA, PSP are all region free, it'll be a bit expensive for import costs but you won't have to do anything to your DS

My only reason for importing NAMCO X CAPCOM...I have no life

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 09:19:47 AM »
Even if the game's released only in Japan you can still play it, DS, GBA, PSP are all region free, it'll be a bit expensive for import costs but you won't have to do anything to your DS

I heard this one too!! This means there will be no excuses, the modchip will need only for playing backups, not japanese titles...

Just because there isn't any info on it yet doesn't mean it's in production

Well, you are certainly right, but it's a common practice to promote titles with images, trailers and demos long before the launch of the finished product, I'm not used to this lack of every kind of info...   }:|
...I love summer sun...

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2005, 05:38:42 PM »
I heard this one too!! This means there will be no excuses, the modchip will need only for playing backups, not japanese titles...

So are you saying there's a modchip out for the DS already(wow that was fast...) I personally never used one, instead I bought a Swap Card to play my 4(soon 5 once Tales of Legendia comes and 1 other when Namco x Capcom comes out) import Tales games...

Well, you are certainly right, but it's a common practice to promote titles with images, trailers and demos long before the launch of the finished product, I'm not used to this lack of every kind of info...   

I think Game companies do this to avoid creating early hype which would pressure them for an early release, that version might be buggy as hellor 'unfinished' example. Star Ocean for the Super Famicon was the biggest Cart Game of it's time however Tri-Ace leaked too much early info on it and the public demanded an early release, which they got and the game was EXTREMELY buggy(which made it un-emulatable for quite some time...) it also missed a large portion of storyline, like there was a HUGE plot gap between the teaser ending and real ending....

For me a RPG UY game FF style would be perfect.

What do you mean FF-style, do you mean turn-based battle system or do you mean gawdy graphics and a villain with a mother/god complex(Points to that over-used guy with long white-hair and black trench coat) sorry if anyone found that stab at FFVII offensive but I've been 'disgusted' with most of the ladder FF's(save for IX, even with the gawdy graphics they still managed to return to the series' roots...)

As for it comming to the US it really depends on the developer and how well the series is recieved over here, if it's done by Bandai then there's a chance because lately(thanks to the success of the .hack games) they've been bringing over their anime tie-in games
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 05:50:58 PM by Judas »

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2005, 03:03:30 PM »
So are you saying there's a modchip out for the DS already(wow that was fast...)

Well, no, I was referring to PSP only (but it wasn't so obvious, was it? ^^; ), PS1/2 and XBOX are the consolles using a wide range of modchips, Nintendo's never needed them...well GameCube would need one, but it seems a hard task... xP
If a modchip for DS existed they would have been far too fast! ^^;
...and probably it will never exist!

I personally never used one, instead I bought a Swap Card to play my 4(soon 5 once Tales of Legendia comes and 1 other when Namco x Capcom comes out) import Tales games...

I lost too many originals and you know the price of a game, now I play with backups, so I can scratch all the copies I want! :P
But the modchip is needed, and the swap trick is possible only with a boot disk, and if you ruin it... xP

About the DS game, it's certainly better to have a good finished product without any actual news, but after several months of nothing we can start to think every kind of thing, I suppose this is normal... :P
It would have been better to know nothing at all and discover about it near its completion... :)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 03:05:18 PM by Moroboshi »
...I love summer sun...

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2005, 10:42:08 PM »
You actually don't need a Modchip for the GC, you can  just use a FreeLoader, you can  get one at modchip.com or buy a  PAR there's one installed

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 12:33:54 AM »

Just because there isn't any info on it yet doesn't mean it's in production

Well, you are certainly right, but it's a common practice to promote titles with images, trailers and demos long before the launch of the finished product, I'm not used to this lack of every kind of info... }:|

So are you saying there's a modchip out for the DS already(wow that was fast...) I personally never used one, instead I bought a Swap Card to play my 4(soon 5 once Tales of Legendia comes and 1 other when Namco x Capcom comes out) import Tales games...

Well, you are certainly right, but it's a common practice to promote titles with images, trailers and demos long before the launch of the finished product, I'm not used to this lack of every kind of info...   

I think Game companies do this to avoid creating early hype which would pressure them for an early release, that version might be buggy as hellor 'unfinished' example. Star Ocean for the Super Famicon was the biggest Cart Game of it's time however Tri-Ace leaked too much early info on it and the public demanded an early release, which they got and the game was EXTREMELY buggy(which made it un-emulatable for quite some time...) it also missed a large portion of storyline, like there was a HUGE plot gap between the teaser ending and real ending....

For me a RPG UY game FF style would be perfect.

What do you mean FF-style, do you mean turn-based battle system or do you mean gawdy graphics and a villain with a mother/god complex(Points to that over-used guy with long white-hair and black trench coat) sorry if anyone found that stab at FFVII offensive but I've been 'disgusted' with most of the ladder FF's(save for IX, even with the gawdy graphics they still managed to return to the series' roots...)

As for it comming to the US it really depends on the developer and how well the series is recieved over here, if it's done by Bandai then there's a chance because lately(thanks to the success of the .hack games) they've been bringing over their anime tie-in games
So are you saying there's a modchip out for the DS already(wow that was fast...)

Well, no, I was referring to PSP only (but it wasn't so obvious, was it? ^^; ), PS1/2 and XBOX are the consolles using a wide range of modchips, Nintendo's never needed them...well GameCube would need one, but it seems a hard task... xP
If a modchip for DS existed they would have been far too fast! ^^;
...and probably it will never exist!

I personally never used one, instead I bought a Swap Card to play my 4(soon 5 once Tales of Legendia comes and 1 other when Namco x Capcom comes out) import Tales games...

I lost too many originals and you know the price of a game, now I play with backups, so I can scratch all the copies I want! :P
But the modchip is needed, and the swap trick is possible only with a boot disk, and if you ruin it... xP

About the DS game, it's certainly better to have a good finished product without any actual news, but after several months of nothing we can start to think every kind of thing, I suppose this is normal... :P
It would have been better to know nothing at all and discover about it near its completion... :)

Wat's whit all the quotes???? LOL :D)
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 01:06:43 PM »
You actually don't need a Modchip for the GC, you can  just use a FreeLoader, you can  get one at modchip.com or buy a  PAR there's one installed

I already have the Freeloader, but it can only boot originals, not backups... since it's quite difficult even to make backups I don't use GC too much, and once a disc is scratched it's definitely lost!!  :'(
...and the broadband hack is out of discussion!! :N
The modchip does nothing more than Freeloader, so...
...I love summer sun...

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 04:54:03 PM »
Wat's whit all the quotes???? LOL

Because it's easier to address each point then just by 'jumping from one idea to another' in random paragraphs...

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 04:58:21 PM »
Yup! :Y
...I love summer sun...

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2005, 09:45:12 PM »
Yup!!! :Y :N :?
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline Danglao

• Registered
    • My Xanga
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2005, 01:24:15 PM »
I've been reading this thread and umm... I have no clue to as what a Mega CD is... is that suppose to be some kind of SegaCD? ... ga.... and I call myself a gamer ....  :o

By the way I'm new to the forums...  :)
If you know what a Mega CD is please inform me.  Thank you.
Ataru's Parents:  We should of never had him.  ^^

Offline Pac

• Big Fan
    • The Pacman Realm
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2005, 06:27:23 PM »
It's an old console. I think it was Sega's right? Isn't what we here in europe call megadrive?

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2005, 02:49:05 AM »
Yup Mega CD was made by Sega, it I think was first a stand-alone thing then became a Genesis/Mega Drive attachment I myself never had one(One of the few consoles that ISN'T in my 'Console Museum') but I did play a few games on my cousin's like the original Lunar: The Silver Star and Lunar: Eternal Blue
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 02:51:27 AM by Judas »

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2005, 10:36:16 AM »
Yeah! I had a used Mega-Cd unit time ago, but it lasted only few months... :'(
...and I bought it only for Lum's game!!  }:|
Fortunately today it's easily emulated by any pc... :&
...I love summer sun...

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2005, 03:01:41 AM »
Any NEW News about the bed time story :P of the UY game for DS?!?!?!?!?

By the way the only reason a still have 1 Sega mega drive and 1 Sega Master System is because I LOVE the Sonic The Hedgehog Games specialy because they are 2D-3D. That my friends are the best games for me i do have the most recent ones but its not the same thing :N
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 03:04:14 AM by FallinG_StaR »