Forum > RPG Storylines & FanFiction

Third storyline: No Sympathy for the Devil

<< < (38/38)

Lum-chan:
By Jocko on Sunday, April 2, 2000 - 19:41:
Damn straight! I just spent all night watching Apocalypse Now twice and watching the clock lose an hour...

I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about true drug addition besides what I've read in Hunter Thompson books and what I've seen in some select movies. But I'd like to think I can portray both the good and bad...the story of Megane's artistic reinassance has appeal.

Example, Sakaguchi and Megane go "on assignment" to film the former's college ski team's ski meet whatever...basically the UY answer to Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas at a Japan ski resort. Like I said before, Sak is a blue collar guy who's clawed himself up into a high-class college film studies program. He gets a lot of shit from the young punks.

I'd like to figure out how I can also squeeze in Hudson's Time Magazine cover story, Benten's debt problems, and the love-raygun story.

And hell, maybe as a side story I'll do that "Ataru gets a job at a lady's evening wear store" anecdote. Or you could do that, Parias. You have the proper knowledge of the UY story to make it a success.

Lum-chan:
By Jocko on Sunday, April 2, 2000 - 19:52:
Oh yes, maybe we should forget about getting started on another story until we figure out how this can be assembled/edited/ironed out into a fanfiction.

I'd like to present this to the larger world of UY fans who have never seen anything like this before...for good or ill. Just think of the personal glory...a UY continuation primarily based on the foundation of psycho-political black comedy crossed with drug-addled sentimentality.

It would also rock for all of the fanfic archives to have to archive a series called...

"Urusei Yatsura: The Adventures of the Amazing One Million Pound Shithammer"

Hey, we needed a general umbrella title, didn't we?

We should also thank Ataru Devo for his contributions here, AD and Kintaro had potential.

Lum-chan:
By Parias on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 23:58:
Oh yea! Almost forgot about AD.. blargh!

Hahaha, love the name there.. truely original >) Alright so assuming we're gonna get this thing posted, what's the plan gonna be to do that?

Lum-chan:
By Jocko on Tuesday, April 4, 2000 - 02:33:
I wish the name was my own...I have a Chapter heading/thingy in HST's Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72 to thank for that.

I also heard of a book about Punk Rock in Britain called "The Fascist Bathroom."

Since Megane is frequently discribed as a fascist...why not?

I guess we need to basically edit all three storylines, credit an introduction, transfer this to txt., zip it for some of the archives, and generally post on rec.arts.anime.creative.

It'll be a big job, but not too hard...I hope. We just need to reread everything with a fresh perspective and clear head...then correct any and all errors.

I mean realistically, how many out there read this on the board?

Lum-chan:
By Parias on Wednesday, April 5, 2000 - 01:50:
You got a point, be nice to get this thing out to the masses.. heh

Now the fun part is getting all this stuff done... hmm..

Might I suggest we begin another thread for this? Even though I'm on a big fat pr0n pipe, the page still takes a hefty 20 seconds to load >)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version