Forum > RPG Storylines & FanFiction

Third storyline: No Sympathy for the Devil

(1/38) > >>

Lum-chan:
By Jocko on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 20:56:
(RP ON)

TIME: Wednesday, November 7, 1985. 7:09AM

Megane walked into the video rental shop slowly. "Hi Sakaguchi-san."

The man behind the counter, obviously in his mid-30s, smiled; "Magane-san! I've got the Laserdisc you wanted..." he rummaged around under the counter and presented the hard plastic case to him with the words: Eraserhead (1976, David Lynch).

Megane smiled, "outstanding. Has Hudson-sama dropped by to pick up his movie yet?"

"Yes, he did so last night. I must say, you're going ot have fun tonight. Kubrick's Paths of Glory is Kirk Douglas's best performance."

Megane chuckled, "I wouldn't expect anything less from Kubrick-sama. I'll pick the disc up after school around six, Sakaguchi-san."

"All right, have a nice day Megane."

Megane looked down, "I'll try," and left, he began walking down the road towards school.

Tonight was the night Hudson and Megane watched movies together, happily reviewing and arguing. Sometimes even making fun of the movies, they did that alone since everyone else was busy. Even Shutaro and Ryouko had other things they needed to do on Wednesday night. And recently Megane had been having a lot of downtime on his hands. His parents were out of town for a few months on business and pleasure so he had the entire house to himself. Also the formation of Cygni's Stormtroopers and Ataru's acceptance of Lum gave Megane even more unwanted free time.

And so Megane frequently walked alone to school these days. More and more depressed with each passing day at how Lum wasn't even noticing he existed. Hell, she didn't even seem to WANT to see how he was doing after the drunken disaster at the Mendou Mansion last month.

Nearing Tomobiki High Megane felt himself getting misty-eyed, he willed himself to calmness, but what he saw at the gate made him even more depressed.

He saw Lum and Ataru sharing a milk carton before school, Shinobu and Ran trading stories about Inaba and Rei, Sakura laughing with Onsen-Mark about Tsubame's latest folly, and even Kotatsu-Neko was showing the Principal a picture of a lady cat spirit he'd been dating. And yes, Shutaro was mooning over a picture of Asuka, and Cygni's Stormtroopers were chatting enthusiastically about Cygni.

Megane felt like screaming, all at once he realized that he had been a complete jack-off for the past two years. What had he to show for it? Indifference from Lum? Superficial sympathy from Ataru? At 18 years of age Megane hadn't even been on a real date or had a girlfriend...close calls, yes, but nothing. He also all at once realized that he probably was the only virgin left in his class.

Megane sneered, he found a bench and opened up his satchel and took out his walkman, with rather bulky but powerful headphones. He put a tape in it, his personal mix of the Stones' "Paint it Black," and put the headphones on. He cranked up the volume to max.

As he walked into school with blaring music providing the backdrop he discovered that no one was in earshot. As Megane proceeded to Onsen-Mark's homeroom, he grimaced, "No sympathy for the Devil. Keep that in mind," he told himself, "you buy the ticket, take the ride."

(RP OFF)
Megane should have a terrible time at school today. Hope this is a good start.

Lum-chan:
By Parias on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 01:15:
Great start, pretty deep, I'm gonna have to think out my post before I type it up >)

I've all of a sudden gotten busy.. working on a hardware review page and my Allegiance beta is supposed to come in today, so I may be in and out for a little while. I'll contribute something ASAP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Parias on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 08:22:
(RP ON)
Cygni and Sergei walked up the street together, arm in arm. Sergei had found a lot of spare time on his hands after the events of the last couple of months had cleared up, and he eventually came to the rough decision to temporarily "take a leave of absence" as Hayes had put it while he was literally handing Sergei his resignation papers, so he could spend more time with Cygni. Hayes had taken the UNO in for extensive refit and upgrades, and was currently also taking time off near the ship, just glancing out into space and thinking. Meanwhile, Sergei and Cygni had finally settled to the fact that they couldn't do without each other. The wedding was scheduled for a couple of weeks.

As they walked past the school, Cygni glanced at the teenagers pouring in with distaste. "I never liked school much.." she muttered. "Too much like a damn prison."

"You dropped out of school?" Sergei asked, raising an eyebrow.

Cygni nodded. "At 14.. it took a hell of a lot of effort, but I managed to get away and begin educating myself my own way."

"How did you learn anything?"

"By not sitting in class zoning out and being bored. If I wanted to learn about bugs, I'd go hunt them down and take em under a microscope. If I wanted to learn about space travel, well, I've already got that thing down.. you getting my point?"

"Ah, so you believe the only method for education is to go out and do it youself?"

Cygni nodded. "Sitting in that damned prison all day doesn't teach you nothing."

She glanced over a few of the "extensions" that had been added to the school as a result of Terra's giving to Onsen-Mark. She still remembered the day. After learning that Onsen-Mark had gotten a large sum of money from Terra, and then had proceeded to put it in his personal account in the bank for his personal spending, Cygni had gone straight to him and threatened massive pain and injury should he use the money on something other than school. After three discharged bullets from her Desert Eagle into the air and some taunting and general threats, Onsen-Mark had been kind enough to agree, and quickly took the money back out and put it into the schools funding. The results were seen immediately, as each student began paying more attention, or so she heard, and Onsen-Mark was in a slightly cheery mood, as he was getting paid more.

The pair watched as the teenagers rushed into the building, then classes began. She sighed.

"I can't believe I actually ordered him to use that money for the school.. I'd prefer seeing it torn down.."

"It's what Terra wanted, isn't it?"

"You got a point there.."

They continued walking onwards. A small breeze began floating down the street, and Sergei extended his coat, pulling Cygni close and covering her small frame.

"You should consider wearing something a bit more.. warm. It's getting cold out these days."

Cygni laughed. "Hah! Over my dead body.... literally. You know why I wear as little as possible."

Sergei nodded, and they said nothing more as they continued walking down the street.

Inside of the school, Onsen-Mark cracked a wide grin. The whispering among the classroom picked up.

"He always does this when he has something horrible planned..."

"Yea, get ready, here it comes.."

Onsen-Mark cleared his throat. "Kids, I have a little surprise for you today..."

Ataru rolled his eyes.

"..we're going to go on a little field trip! I've been doing some arranging with Mr. Invader, and he's agreed to take us on a little tour of our solar system!"

The class couldn't believe their ears. Ataru tried to recover. There had to be some kind of catch.. he had to know.

"What's the catch??" he yelled out.

"I expect you all to be taking notes while we go along, and for god sakes try not to mess anything up! I'll be expecting a detailed report from each of you once we return."

Ataru sighed. It figured, there was always some kind of paperwork involved.

Lum spoked out. "Can I take darling along in my ship? We've already seen a lot of the galaxy together!"

Onsen-Mark raised an eyebrow. The girl had a point, Ataru and Lum had been directly involved in the destruction of an entire planet in a whole different solar system. On the other hand, they hadn't really learned anything other than how to blow things up. He shook his head.

"You can go together in your ship, but you're sticking with us."

Lum pouted. "But this system is boring! I want to take darling somewhere exciting!"

"Go some other time."

Shutaro spoke up. "When do we leave?"

"In a few hours. In the mean time, I want to you open your language books to page 234 and..."

Most of the class sighed and began zoning out from here on, with Lum being the only one interested, since she was learning about the culture of a foreign species. Foreign to her anyways.

(RP OFF)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 16:14:
excerpt from Meganes post Lum obsessoin log ch 1

"My name is Megane! After getting over my traumatic loss I decided to live life to the fullest. I'm a rebel without a cause!"

Matcho sounding disco music blared in the background as Megane walked down the hallway. He walked into onsen marks room and sat down. onsen mark screamed "Your late Megane!"
Megane said "And your point is?"
Onsenmark "Get out in the hall and carry those water buckets!"
Megane "No! I dont like water buckets why dont I carry something or better yet just sit here!"

Onsen mark :Why youuuu!!!!!!!

Onsen Mark got out of his seat and headed toward Megane

Lum-chan:
By Jocko on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 21:23:
I'm thinking that eventually Sakaguchi will be revealed to be an extremely old film student at a local upper-level college who gets picked on by the younger punks in his class.

Either way, Sak knows about Megane's filmmaking skills and asks him to go with him to a Mt. Fuji ski resort to shot footage of the college's annual ski race and do a narration with him.

(RP ON)

Onsen glared evil and put his face in Megane's. "YOU'D BETTER CHANGE YOUR ADDITUDE MISTER!"

Megane laughed, "Onsen-Mark, will you go out on a date with me?" he fluttered his eyes femininely.

The entire class started to gaffaw.

SMACK! The teacher brought down his bamboo pole on Megane's head.

Normally, the student would just pipe down after that, but not today, Megane snatched the pole out of Onsen's hand and, with vengeance, threw it out an open window.

Onsen was simply agast at this change in developments. Before he could speak, Megane growled low but loud: "Screw you, pig."

Onsen-Mark threw a punch but Megane caught it and tripped Onsen to the floor.

Megane slowly walked to the door and, before leaving, looked at the shock on his classmates' faces, then down at Onsen; "learn how to punch asshole, or better yet, learn to be a REAL teacher who doesn't have to torment his students to get results."

Soon after that Megane was slapped with an eternity of detention, it would've been more if he had left school grounds, he didn't. Nurse Sakura found him sitting up in the clock tower nursing a Pepsi.

But it wouldn't be long before Megane was bailing himself out of jail for reckless driving...

That afternoon he angerly walked home, when a most unexpected thing happened, Lum approached him.

"Megane-san? Are you all right?"

Megane casually regarded her for a second, "No," then stormed off down the street leaving a bewildered Lum behind.

When he got home Megane needed something to do to clear his mind. He dropped his satchel and made his way into his room where he dropped to his knees and pulled two large metal briefcases out from under his bed.

He opened both, one held an old rifle, sniper scope, and ammunition. It was his great uncle's rifle from the war. The other held his AK-47 from the proxy war during the encounter with the memory of Tomobiki. It was technically a Mendou weapon but after the battle Megane had conveinantly forgotten to give it back to Shutaro.

He took the rifle out, screwed the scope on, and loaded it. He went into his family's small garage and fueled the motorcycle his mother maintained for daily errands.

Soon he was on the road with the rifle concealed in a gulfbag. He grinned, and got on the freeway to the countryside. By the time he got to his favorite stretch of roadway it was nearly 5:00PM, with several roadsigns all arranged up and down the road.

Megane had his walkman on, blaring Talking Heads' "Life During Wartime", he drew the rifle out of the gulfbag and aimed for the nearest sign, he waited a second, then fired ripping a good size hole in the middle of the sign advising him of the speed limit.

Megane laughed loudly. The next sign which read: Tomobiki - 22 kilometers, was completely ripped off its post from a well-placed shot.

This continued until the police nabbed him and dragged him back to Tomobiki.

(RP OFF)

I think it would rock if Megane calls Hudson asking him to give him a ride home, but tells him he'll provide the money to post bail.

Lum-chan:
By Parias on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 22:06:
(RP ON)
Beavis and Butthead, chuckling as usual, watched from the other side of the highway as Megane sped past, blew up a couple of signs, then got nabbed by the cops a ways further.

"Huh huh, that was cool." Butthead said.

"Heh, yea, we need guns and stuff so we can be cool too. Too bad we don't have any money."

Butthead smacked Beavis on the face.

"Damnit Beavis don't you remember? We got chicks, and money for like saving that Hudson dude. We should like, uhh, go buy guns and stuff, and then we can be cool."

"Heh, yea!"

They walked off towards town, laughing.

Cygni and Sergei returned to their house. They had purchased a sizeable plot of land and had a place quickly built up over the last month. Money was not an issue, as the bank account Radicus had given to Cygni was still active. It took some convincing, but Cygni had managed to withdraw the entire account before it was closed.

She walked over to the kitchen, and noticed out the window a group of police vehicles going past, sirens blaring.

"Wonder what they're going after.." she murmured, picking up the phone and dialing the nearest pizza delivery place.

"Pizza again dear?" Sergei made a face.

Cygni nodded. "You know I hate cooking and cleaning. Hell, this place would be an utter mess if it weren't for these handy nano-droids."

"You put far too much use into those things.. some people would call you lazy."

"I just prefer living in style. Cleaning dishes and vacuuming isn't style."

She turned back to the window, placed the order, and hung up the phone. The police vehicles wailed on by again, and she spotted Megane in the back window of one of them.

"Hmm.. he's the last person I'd expect to see being hauled off to jail.. wonder what made him snap?"

Hudson was sitting down to an early dinner himself when a servant walked over. "Phone sir, it is for you. Megane again."

He nodded and picked it up.

"Hudson here, what can I do for you Megane?"

"They took me off to jail... listen, I need a ride home. I'll pay bail alright?"

Hudson furrowed his brow.

"Wait.. in jail.. what the hell is going on?"

"I can't talk about it right now. I just need a ride home, ok?"

"We need to talk about this."

"NO! I JUST NEED A-"

The line went dead. Hudson cussed. The police probably suspected the boy of being in charge of some kind of kind of gang... this was going to be difficult.

He picked up his coat, shrugged it on, and went to the door. He had to get to the bottom of this, before it blossomed into something worse.
(RP OFF)

Lum-chan:
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 01:22:
Beavis and Butthead were both giggling like idiots when someone jumped out of the bushes at them! It was Kintaro! Kintaro pointed his ax at them and said "Normaly I'd ask you for your money or your lives but thistime is different. I'm starting a Yakuza gang and I need some muscle. I'll let you guys be part of my gang if you help me spring Megane from the slammer. I could use a good shot like his!"
Butthead said "Hhehehehe! This sounds like fun! Chicks will think were cool! Hhehehe!"

They all got in a pick up truck that Kintaro had stolen earlier and headed off for the jail.
Beavis looked at Kintaro who was driving. Kintaro had forged a liscense and had a fake beared on to make him look older. The beared was some hair he shaved off his bears head who was now bald.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version