Forum > Other Anime

End of Eva - Did Shinji really have a choice in the instrumentality project?

<< < (2/5) > >>

UruseiNeo:
y'd u need to spoil that? I haven't read the previous spoils so telling me which the spoils r for doesn't spoil anything :\

or did u just wanna try the spoil thing out?

Cosmic King:
Part trying to test the spoilers tag,part correcting a small mistake

My apologies,Neo

Urusei0Yatsura:

--- Quote from: UruseiNeo on September 18, 2009, 09:35:18 PM ---I am currently a little over half way through the series ^_^

Is this a spoiler for the end of the TV series or also the movie?

--- End quote ---

For me the TV series is a spoiler for the movie, the end of the TV series actually tells you that the instrumentality project happens but says it going to skip the build up. The movie shows you what was happening physically in the third impact and the last two episodes show what was happening in mentally to Shinji.

To be honest with you I thought the series was great, but the there are just too many ambiguities and parts of the plot that are missing: I didn't understand a lot of it until I read about it.

Examples of missing plot are the Lance of Longinus, its origins are not explained and its not shown why it is important in the third impact; I get the feeling that they said: "Hey let's put this mysterious weapon into the anime and make up an explanation near the end of the series!", of course they never got round to it. Well at least that is what I feel happened.

I think the End of Evangelion could have been executed a lot better than it was. In fact, I think they should have made a film about the creation of the Evas themselves in the 00s first then the instrumentality project. That bit of the series had the most impact on me.

Evangelion is a great series, but it needs of work. Personally I think they should remake the upcoming movies profit to remake the TV series completely, clean it up and stick to a realistic budget that allows them to tell the whole story without resorting to bargain basement post modernist animation. 

UruseiNeo:
First, Cosmic, you LIED!!! His spoiler was including the movie :(

Urusei0Yatsura, why did you quote me if u weren't gonna reply? :\

As for the new movies, while 1.0 fairly stuck to the plot of the anime while adding and removing some scenes, I heard that 2.0 will include (will... as if it isn't already in Japan yet :\ I'm waiting for the dub version) many new things such as a new character.

At this point, its too late to remake the movies into a remake of the series. 2 have already been created and there are two on the way.

I also think there were a few spoilers in ur post...

FallinG_StaR:
Spoiler (hover to show)I like Rei Ayanami
I really didn't understand the movies or the final episodes... I just watched it because... Spoiler (hover to show)I really like Rei Ayanami ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version