Forum > Other Anime

End of Eva - Did Shinji really have a choice in the instrumentality project?

(1/5) > >>

Urusei0Yatsura:
If you haven't seen or are currently watching Neon Genesis Evangelion or the End of Evangelion film I really wouldn't read this topic, it contains massive spoilers. 

Spoiler (hover to show)In the film End of Evangelion Rei decides to give Shinji the choice of whether or not the instrumentality project takes place over Ikari Gendo (Shinji's father) whose sole reason for involvement with Nerv is to start instrumentality.   

Did Shinji really have a choice? He is seen screaming and trying to get the EVA unit to escape despite the eva being stratosphere and out of charge.

I'm not entirely sure Shinji knew about the instrumentality project. I have a feeling he didn't, he was just scared because..well...he was inside a crucified cyborg two thousand of feet in the air with a giant angel-rei thing staring at you is pretty frightening.

cata:
Well... I'm not intelligent enough to understand the mecha stuff (well, I know a few stuff) that goes with Neon Genesis but I love the Anime, though. I guess I won't be helpful in this thread. Have you tried searching for an NGE forum? I'm sure there's an Otaku online community from your country and I'm sure there's a topic only about NGE.

Cosmic King:
I am really not a fan of Evangelion (though I truly dig Gendo's look) but I can safely say that Shinji never had a choice at all or he is been forced to quit his own free will in order to please others Spoiler (hover to show)(I think that was one of the subjects of the last episodes from the series)

UruseiNeo:
I am currently a little over half way through the series ^_^

Is this a spoiler for the end of the TV series or also the movie?

Cosmic King:
Spoiler (hover to show)It is regarding the TV series' finale,Neo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version