Forum > Other Anime

Touhou Project

(1/2) > >>

veehive:
Decided to start a thread about this. The Touhou (Shrine Maiden) Project is a series of computer games created mainly by the independant developer Team Shanghai Alice (a one-man "team": Junya Outa, a.k.a. "ZUN": doing all the coding, art, story, and music himself). The series has spawned a gigantic fanbase who happily produce their own comics, animations, music (taking melodies from the game themes), fanfics, and collectables.

Some of the animations & music have been showing up here in the song-sharing thread. So, we're aware of them, and they are enjoyed. Possibly enough to keep a memorandum of Touhou news here in this Other Anime catagory.

(I'm tempted to call this thread the "Bunbunmaru Shinbun" after the name of the newspaper/gossip-rag that is produced within the Touhou storyline. But that would be too obtuse a reference.)

So, why does this now merit being in "Other Anime"?

Because an official Touhou Project anime has just been announced.

Me so haaappyyy! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kroptik:

--- Quote from: veehive on September 25, 2010, 10:43:16 PM ---Because an official Touhou Project anime has just been announced.

--- End quote ---

I demand a name, plot, release date and number of episodes. D:
Also links to anything related to it...

I love the games, even if they're hard as hell (they're not called bullet hell games for nothing ;D).
Not sure it'll work as an anime, but I guess I'm about to find out. :o

Edit: By the way, is this what you were talking about?
http://www.animekon.com/news-1278-Anime-Tenchou-x-Touhou-Project-Announced.html
Please say it ain't so, I don't want a stupid crossover...   :'(

veehive:
Dat's De One. Fortunately and unfortunately.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more ... concerned ... I am that it will be corrupted by the presence of Anime Tenchou (the raging anime-store-manager "mascot" for the Animate store chain, who was parodied so perfectly in LuckyStar). But, it will bring Touhou to the screen and will prove whether Touhou can work as a story (which I think Touhou WILL).

Would LIKE to have seen "A Summer Day's Dream" finished. Wonder what happened? Did Studio Maikaze run out of money?

Kroptik:
Bah, but crossovers suck when you want a good story. D:
Sure, the One Piece X Dragon Ball one-shot was awesome, but it completely out of both storylines.

I actually wanted one that followed Touhou's story, because I never understood it with the games in Japanese. :S

janus:
the games are fun and challenging, I don't remember where I said this before but I think that there shouldn't be a official touhou anime. Because in the game the characters are one way and the fans have portrayed them in another way like a doujin of a doujin. but that's me, lets see how this one turns out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version