Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Author Topic: How often do you watch UY?  (Read 8837 times)

Offline nebbo

• Fan
  • Yuuhiro bakayarou!!
How often do you watch UY?
« on: January 20, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
Time for some demographics, are you really the lumaholics you put yourselfs out to be?  ;D If you vote at the very top you are a true lumaholic. Take note that every single day doesn't really mean every single day, it just means usually every day. Same goes for the rest.

I voted semi-daily, but then again there are periods when I don't watch it at all for weeks, like if I'm hooked on another series. How about you?

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
Re: How often do you watch UY?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:43:18 PM »
Semi-daily for me too,sometimes i get busy with other things but dat doesnt stop me from watching UY

Offline Shutaro

• Big Fan
  • Rich, looks and brains.. well, 2 out of 3 isnt bad
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 11:57:25 PM »
I tend to go through stages of wanting to watch it. It's directly linked to how much time I spend playing mmo's.

I voted once a week because I don't watch it for a while then have a monster session and get right back into it.

Right now, I cannot get enough UY :P

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 12:41:49 AM »
I don't watch it everyday because I'm busy with homework, studies, Anime & Manga, Japanese, Games and Forums of course. I watch it semi-daily.

Offline kyo

• Big Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:42:28 AM »
hmm... 360 times a week
"darling, you give too much thought to what is real and what is not, to what is true and what is false. I realize that is your way, but just this once, accept things as they are. Forego your control, your discipline. and take me with you.

lum plea to kyo final chapter of sins of the family.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 12:45:08 AM »
I voted for "Less" I was going to vote for "I've seen it once, why would I watch it again?" but since I sometimes get nostalgic I watch some random episodes from time to time...
This doesn't mean that I'm less "lumaholic" than any other of you, it just means that I don't have that much free time... XD
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline kyo

• Big Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 12:49:54 AM »
I voted for "Less" I was going to vote for "I've seen it once, why would I watch it again?" but since I sometimes get nostalgic I watch some random episodes from time to time...
This doesn't mean that I'm less "lumaholic" than any other of you, it just means that I don't have that much free time... XD
oh that ok as long as you wacth it
"darling, you give too much thought to what is real and what is not, to what is true and what is false. I realize that is your way, but just this once, accept things as they are. Forego your control, your discipline. and take me with you.

lum plea to kyo final chapter of sins of the family.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 02:38:47 AM »
Less.

I don't really like watching TV and what not, personally. When I do watch it though, I go into marathon mode and spend a week or two watching the whole series, including movies and OVA's and what not. Actually, that's kinda how I am with any anime when I get the urge to watch it.

I prefer to read the manga. The ILM scans have become probably the most read files on my computer.

It's funny, I just got done with a marathon watching of UY and just started reading the manga again today.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 02:58:34 AM »
Voted "Less" for the following reasons:
- I'm mostly a gamer, so I play a lot more games then I should, which doesn't leave much time for much else. :P
- I gave up on getting the UY episodes, because my internet doesn't allow too many downloads (I'd have to get like 1 episode a week and skip a week each month) and I don't have any place to store them (all the ones I had, as well as all the episodes of AMG are now corrupted in my portable harddrive :-\).

So I guess I won't be seeing any more episodes, though I do have a very good idea of most episodes. :P
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 03:32:26 AM »
Semi-daily. Still deep in the learning curve (some of you may have noticed ::)) so I watch and re-watch to pick up details. That, and it's too cold right now to go out into the garage and work on the racecar (making the watching of UY the perfect excuse to avoid shivering and cursing over the bent front axle beam on my Formula Vee >:))....

So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline themexican

• Chibi
  • "SAKO"
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 03:49:58 AM »
I had the whole collection of uy in Laserdisc but sold it on e-bay for 1 grand

Offline Forgotten_Lum

• Casual Otaku
  • UY shall never be forgotten
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 05:56:12 AM »
i'd have to say every single day, very rare that i dont see UY at least once a day, even when im gaming, i turn on the tv and hit play on my dvd player, sometimes i sync up my killing with "DARLING No Baka!!!", especially when i'm playing warcraft 3 and i'm using chain lightning, even when i leave the house i never forget my ipod and the episodes i have on it
This is Jenga lol :)

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 06:06:34 AM »
I would say less as well because, well ta-da welcome to adulthood, and so, time is lacking I only get to see an episode a day and currently watching another anime (I can't have rice everyday)

▲
▲ ▲

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »
Oh... I just wanted to share something. Anyone who doesn't watch it because they don't have it, you can find all the movies and all but the last "season" on YouTube. Seems like they're trying to get the last season and the OVA's up now. I got a link to the user that seems to be organizing the whole thing, so if anyone wants it, I can share.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 05:41:04 PM »
well ta-da welcome to adulthood

I think it could sound better if ya said : "i have more responsabilities now",janus,da other phrase made it sound as if ya were saying anime is only for children and youngsters (which of course,isnt)

Anyways,the status of lumaholic cant be measured by how many episodes we see,it is with the passion we watch them