Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Author Topic: Lum The Oni Princess is the Best!!!  (Read 130860 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: Lum The Oni Princess is the Best!!!
« Reply #600 on: March 04, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »
I like Japanese girls too.... :\

Although I'm sure I'd like any asian girl, I would prefer Japanese cause... well to step away from physical appearance and personality to lead to a third category: Similar interests/ knowledge (ie for me, anime and knowing some Japanese language)

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #601 on: March 04, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »
Similar interests/ knowledge

That's not a third category. That's like... most of what makes up a person's personality, along with a person's attitude and temperament.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #602 on: March 04, 2009, 09:00:28 PM »
does language count as personality? hmmm... definitions really aren't my thing......

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #603 on: March 04, 2009, 10:11:58 PM »
Indirectly, yes. After all, personality comes down to how well you can get along, and speaking the same language is pretty useful when it comes to communication.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #604 on: March 04, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »
:/ hmmm well you got what I meant.

When I think about "personality" in terms of "persona" it actually makes sense that language and stuff is part of it. Where a "Persona" is your true self, "personality" consists of your traits ^_^
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:17:41 PM by UruseiNeo »

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #605 on: March 04, 2009, 10:26:57 PM »
Lay off the video games.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #606 on: March 04, 2009, 10:32:37 PM »
But they teach me so much T_T

Especially Persona T_T

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #607 on: March 05, 2009, 01:45:14 AM »
Neo, your "type", as you say it, is the closest I've ever seen to mine.
As for me, my type is a girl with twin pigtails, long ones (and I mean LONG, like waist lenght). NO IDEA WHY, I just find it hot. I also find it impossible to ever find anyone like that, but a guy can dream right? xD
I blame the human brain. T.T

As for the same tastes and similar personalities attracting each other, that's not always true.
Actually, the expression "the ooposites attract" comes from that. Many people have found love with someone who doesn't connect with them in terms of personality at all...

And as for rating on looks over personality first, I think that's quite natural. Remember humans are animals, and all animals have a mating method, in which the strongest/whatever male usually becomes the mate. But we're humans and a bit more complex, so we don't all have the same tastes, but we still need a way to evaluate a potencial mate, and that of course starts with what you see (which is instant) and only then goes on to what you know (which takes a lot longer).
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #608 on: March 05, 2009, 03:43:07 AM »
All that was suposed to be a joke... and ended up in this... XD

Now that's funny...

Btw, now that you guys mention it... I like girls with short hair (not like a man) Lets say something between Shinobu and Ryuunosuke... XD
I like long hair too... but only shoulder long... Kinda gets in the way longer than that... XD
So if there's any girl out there viewing this please contact me... XD
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 03:44:45 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #609 on: March 05, 2009, 04:53:45 AM »
her personality doesn't have to mirror mine, I just meant to have similar interests.

ex. all else equal, I would obviously prefer someone who watches anime to someone who doesn't.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #610 on: March 05, 2009, 06:37:39 AM »
Pigtails are alright, but I prefer longer hair to be left loose. Generally I agree with preferring long hair. But I like it to be a length where it can look good either up or down. If it's too long it looks bad up, especially if it's thick hair. Honestly, I put more importance in hair type (curly, straight, wavy, thin, thick, etc) than length, because hair can always be grown out or cut short. But I'm also the type of guy that agrees with the traditional Japanese ideal that the neckline and nape is one of the sexiest parts of a woman's body (the other sexiest parts being eyes, hips and, obviously, chest),

Many people have found love with someone who doesn't connect with them in terms of personality at all...

It's not that their personalities aren't connecting. It's just that their interests are not one in the same. You have to remember that no matter how perfect two people may be for each other, they're still different people, and are ultimately going to have some differences in interests. Generally when people are looking for someone they share interests with, they only want to match some of their interests. On top of that, even with similar interests, they bring different perspectives on those interests.

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #611 on: March 05, 2009, 09:48:54 PM »
Btw, now that you guys mention it... I like girls with short hair (not like a man) Lets say something between Shinobu and Ryuunosuke... XD
I like long hair too... but only shoulder long... Kinda gets in the way longer than that... XD
So if there's any girl out there viewing this please contact me... XD

I fit that hair requirement! Lucky me! (and unlucky you...) xD

I think that the personalities can't be 100% the same neither 100% different. There has to be some aspects in common and others different. Like, I wouldn't date myself or my worst enemy would I? =)

Offline ammo1991

• Casual Fan
« Reply #612 on: March 05, 2009, 10:20:30 PM »
hmm, i have seen both movies and animes were the main protagonist end up fallin in love with his/her worst enemy^^ Time is also a factor when it's up to love someone, it can get better over time, or worse:D

(Has started learning Japanese just for fun now:P trying to learn about 5 more characters every day^^ know the 15 first in Hiragana^^ why can't we learn Japanese instead of German at school? xD)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2009, 12:47:34 AM »
Because in the future we never know what those sneaky germans have up their sleeves... XD

I fit that hair requirement! Lucky me! (and unlucky you...) xD

Unlucky me? Probably... short hair girls... they are very bossy... determined... sporty... etc... and that's what I like about them... :P
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #614 on: March 06, 2009, 08:00:14 AM »
I think that the personalities can't be 100% the same neither 100% different. There has to be some aspects in common and others different. Like, I wouldn't date myself or my worst enemy would I? =)

That's pretty much what I was saying, wasn't it? Although, I don't know, I probably would date myself if I made a clone of the opposite gender. At least, it would be fun for a few nights, being as how if it was a female me, she would know all the things that turn me on. For some reason though, the scenario sounds like something out of a manga. I'll have to remember that idea for future reference. :)

Actually, I just had a thought. If someone were to sleep with an opposite gendered clone of themselves, would that be incest, or masturbation?

why can't we learn Japanese instead of German at school? xD)

You know, when I was in high school, I wanted to take German, but there weren't enough students to make up a full class, so they stuck me in Spanish instead. Funny thing was that the Spanish teacher (who was also going to be the German teacher), he was one of those Aryan babies the Nazis were breeding. Seriously, no joke.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 08:37:19 AM by sidzero »