Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:08:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Author Topic: Lum The Oni Princess is the Best!!!  (Read 131589 times)

Offline dak

• Psychotic Fan
Re: Lum The Oni Princess is the Best!!!
« Reply #585 on: December 05, 2008, 08:18:33 AM »
maybe because her tiger cloth is too attractive so when you see her in darker cloth you feel like that.
this is just my opinion not sure it is logical or not xD
The only person Lum love is Ataru.
Only thing i can do is watch over her from darkness.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #586 on: December 05, 2008, 05:45:37 PM »
She wears it ALL well.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #587 on: December 05, 2008, 08:51:52 PM »
Lol... even if she wears nothing. xD

Anyways, don't you think it looks just weird when Lum is wearing jeans and it covers her belly? I mean it was fashion back in the days but these type of jeans aren't comfortable and nowadays what's "hip and cool" isn't jeans on the waist and not on the belly button or above.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #588 on: December 05, 2008, 09:57:37 PM »
You're just going to have to forgive the 80s for having the most ridiculous and hideous sense of fashion in all of history.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
  • My dark heart belongs to Lum
« Reply #589 on: December 05, 2008, 11:14:08 PM »
Not all fashion was that bad.
DarkDevil, king of the Demons.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline daniel2483

• Casual Fan
« Reply #590 on: December 05, 2008, 11:27:34 PM »
Lum Is Beautiful In Swimwear As Well.

Offline Lum-fan

• Chibi
« Reply #591 on: February 28, 2009, 07:23:09 PM »
Not all fashion was that bad.

i agree with Dark, 80's had many weird ridiculous stuff, but a lot of the fashion was kinda cool as well.
Were plenty of different fashion styles in fact.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #592 on: March 01, 2009, 01:15:58 PM »
I think so too but those type of jeans are uncomfortable and like you would expect that if Lum is usually on her tiger-stripped "bikini" she would wear something more comfortable right? But then again she could be trying to look like a normal girl.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #593 on: March 03, 2009, 06:41:50 AM »
hmm... that sounds familiar... I think I saw a character in some other anime just like that... but in the end she takes all clothes off cause she wasn't used to it... she felt trapped...

I think all girls should do the same... except the fat and ugly... they can keep it on...  :/

LoL... Just joking...  ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #594 on: March 03, 2009, 10:19:26 PM »
OMG! Feeling trapped is the same exact thing I feel when I'm wearing tight clothing and Falling, I really hope you're joking... x_X

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #595 on: March 04, 2009, 12:58:54 AM »
I did say I was joking...

Well... I do think that some fat girls are cute... and that some ugly girls have nice sexy bodies... so I really can't judge girls be her looks... ;D

For me if you have big boobs and a nice... hmm... "pair of legs" ;D Its good for me...

Nah... I'm joking again... XD
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #596 on: March 04, 2009, 04:08:56 AM »
Bah. Anyone who claims not to judge those of the sex they are attracted to by looks is a liar. If you didn't, you wouldn't even be able to talk about something like this. Just in some of the things you say, "some fat girls are cute", "some ugly girls have nice sexy bodies", what do you think that is? That's judging by looks. What people like that should say instead is that they don't mind unattractiveness. You can overlook ugly or fat or hideously mutilated because the personality is more important to you than looks. Or because you'll settle cause you don't have the confidence to do any better, it's all the same. Although I do have to add, different people are attracted to different things. Some girls like muscular men and others like scrawny guys. Some guys like skinny girls and some like the plus sized ones.

I'm not one of those types. I'm not afraid to admit that a girl has to look good to catch my eye in the first place and interest me enough to get to know her personality. Personally I think that if the girl's personality is ugly no amount of good looks can make up for it, and even the greatest personality is wasted if the girl can't catch my attention first. But people also call me picky.

But someone like me can get away with that. :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:11:18 AM by sidzero »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #597 on: March 04, 2009, 06:28:02 AM »
I'd have to say that personality is very important to me.

She could be the most attractive girl in the world but unless her personality is close to what I'm looking for, I probably wouldn't go for her.

But if she's got the personality nailed down, she wouldn't have to be incredibly attractive.

To put it simpler, if there was a line going from personality and one from attractiveness, a girl wouldn't have much length to walk down the personality line compared to the attractiveness line before I rule her out.

I THINK I explained that right but... I was never good with words -_-

Of course, like any other guy, I do have a "type" and to spoil a little bit, that type happens to include (single) pony tail. Why? I dunno, but I bet sidzero has some psychological explanation behind it.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #598 on: March 04, 2009, 11:24:09 AM »
Everyone rates people by its looks, whether these people are women or men. There are a few cute boys in my school but I don't feel anything special for them because their personality isn't as appealing as their looks. I used to like a guy that every girls find ugly and what catched my eye first was his personality (outgoing, funny, friendly, nice, etc) because when we first met I didn't give him special atention, I mean I looked at him just like I looked at everyone else. I hope you understand what I meant to say.

There's a girl that's hot (actually , in my school there's plenty of these xD) in my class and she's so... dumb. I'm serious she's very dumb and all she cares about is appearance and at first, I was like "wow she's pretty. *.* but after 5 minutes of conversation all the curiosity of knowing her better or whatever went away.
My friends introduced me to a couple of friends and the first thing I noticed was that one of them has a cute face, even though her body isn't the same as a model or whatever and after talking and laughing a  bit, I realized she was so much more than a cute face and we're best friends now.

I guess with these examples from my life it's easy to see that personality is something that takes time to know but it's better than appearance, even though looks is what catches our eyes first.

Like if someone is like Quasimodo from Disney's Notre Dame I won't run away from him/her but if this person has a personality that to me is just stupid, then I would get away because I don't want to be brainwashed or something. =S

About types... I do have one type (actually I've two since I'm bi lol) but I consider people who don't fit any of my types if they have the type of personality I'm attracted to as "potential dates".

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #599 on: March 04, 2009, 07:49:34 PM »
Think of it this way, imagine a pair of balanced scales. Personality represents one side, physical attraction on the other. People's tastes are simply a balancing of these scales, and the weights required for each side differ from one person to another. Some people need more on the looks side, some need more on the personality side, some could even work with one side or the other in absentia, but generally, the more balanced a person is suited to the other person's tastes, the better the match becomes. Also, in things such as this, there is no difference between men and women, gay, straight, or bi.

Yeah, don't ask me how, but somewhere along the line in my life I became an expert in human relationships.

Anyway, as far as your psychological reasons for your type, there may be, there may not be, I don't know enough about you to discern something like that, so I won't bother. But everyone has a type. I've explained before my opinions on sexual preferences, so I won't repeat that, but gender is also a part of what qualifies a person's type. Fetishes, like your single ponytail fetish, also fit into this. Sometimes, people will even have multiple "types". I'm one of those.

Personally, my primary type is Japanese women. I'm sure someone will be thinking "don't you mean Asian women?" And I'll answer no. Yes, maybe I prefer Asian women to any other ethnicity, but the reason I like Japanese women is more on the personality side of the scale than the physical attractiveness side. Japanese cultural values are FAR more attractive to me than the cultural values of any other nationality.

I also have several secondary types. I won't list these out, but each of them involves a certain look (both physical and fashion) and a matching personality, based on my own prejudices to match the two. I guess the other part of what makes me picky is that I know specifically what my types are and I have trouble matching them to reality. But I don't compromise, so I don't try and find an "All in one" type. I simply go with my current primary type.

Actually, that's not really true, because I'm also greedy. One of my goals in life has to have a harem that consists of at least one girl of each of my types for at least the past decade and a half. Maybe that was why I fell in love with my ex fiance? She was one of my types (skinny pale goth girl who's shy until you get her alone and she turns into a total nympho), and she was more than supportive of me having a harem. Even to this day she's the only ex I think about positively... I should email her again sometime. I wonder if she's still modelling? Anyway, enough ranting from me. Those were good times.

PS: Oh yeah, dumb girls are a turn off too. Well, unless they're the barbie-doll bleach blonde and arrogant type who's a total airhead. I have no idea why I find that appealing. Every time I find one I end up just wanting to punch her in the face. Maybe I should just find one that acts that is actually really smart. That would make sense, if it was possible. Oh well...