Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Author Topic: A new and weird life  (Read 25889 times)

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
A new and weird life
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:24:17 PM »
Saturday, 24rd of September, 2005

' ' -Today I decided to leave the world of video games and computers and explore my new town. I didn't know what to expect'
' ' -My name is Phillip Jones and I'm 17 years old. I'm currently on the last Saturday of my summer holidays. I used to live in the United States and I moved here to Japan about two weeks ago.
' ' -It all started a month ago with my parents. They were arguing'AGAIN. I had gotten so used to that that I didn't even care. Little did I know that this time it was different'
' ' -My mom and dad used to argue for a maximum of 5 minutes before making up and going out to lunch or dinner, leaving me alone to take care of myself. So I was surprised when 20 minutes had passed and they were still at it. After 10 more minutes I hear a door slamming and decide to go check things out. What I saw was my mom crying alone in a chair' and my dad nowhere. Guess this time it hadn't been the same'
' ' -My mom decided to move. And since I was with her I came along too. I keep asking her what they had fought about, but she never answered me. I started to hate my dad for what he had done to my mom.
' ' -So now I'm living in Tomobiki, a new town in a new country with a new culture. Good thing I had been learning some Japanese for the last 5 years in the USA, or I would be totally lost in this new world. I'm still not sure why my mom chose this town or even why she chose Japan. All I can see is that see decided to move here to get away from my dad.
' ' -I made good use of the fact that I was going out and I asked my mom if she needed anything. BAD IDEA. She needed some groceries. When will I learn to keep my big mouth shut'
' ' -So my mom gave me the grocery list and told me the way there. And now I'm off to explore this new world.
' ' -On my way to the grocery store I decided to look at the other people's houses. They all seemed pretty average. But one of them caught my eye. When I was passing by it I saw what looked like a huge cat. I even walked back a bit to look again. After looking for a while I thought it be a doll or something, because cats don't get that big. I just ignored it and carried on.
' ' -When I got to the busier commercial zone, I started to look at the people nearby. Sometimes I thought I had seen something different besides people, but no matter. I was used to seeing weird stuff back at my old town anyway. And I wasn't sure what it was so I didn't bother. It could even be machines and stuff like that.
' ' -I went to the grocery store, bought what was needed and decided to go back home.
' ' -On my way, when I'm about to turn a corner, something passes right in front of me'A huge group of girls, about 15 of them, all running. They seemed to be running from something or someone. When I look to see what they're running from I just see one guy. He seemed to be about my age and same height. He had dark brown hair, unlike my total black hair. He also had a huge smile on his face and he was running like mad behind the girls. He seemed to be the one chasing them. All those girls running from just one guy??
' ' -Before I could recover from this weird picture someone else passes by me at great speed. Another girl. She was shouting something at the guy, though I was too concentrated on what I was seeing to hear her voice. There was something odd about her. When I looked again, however, she had turned a corner and was gone. The only thing that caught my eye was her hair: long and'green?!?!

I know this isn't very good but I like it and that's good enough for me. Feel free to rate and criticise if you want. And if you find a grammar error feel free to let me know and I'll correct it.

Also, if i don't log on in this forums for 1 week feel free to continue the story where I leave it.
As for now, I'm not sure when I'll continue this (or if I'll ever continue it :P).

And BTW this isn't a picture of my life or something(before you guys start asking :P). I have never been to the USA or Japan. This is just something I thought of...

Edit: Added the date
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:48:33 AM by Lum-chan »
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: A new and weird life
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 01:50:36 AM »
Very good indeed... but a 12 year old american learning Japanese LoL His mother is Japanese???

Sorry for asking this but, did you realy did this???
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
  • My dark heart belongs to Lum
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 01:15:40 PM »
I think so.
DarkDevil, king of the Demons.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 03:17:04 PM »
Yes I did it (it wasn't taken from some site or anything).

And I know a 12 year old learning japanese might seem a little strange, but I had to give him enough knowledge. If you guys agree 2-3 years yould be enough I'll even change it. The number was a nit random anyway.

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 04:08:48 PM »
it has the kroptik signature all over it

nice story

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 05:03:11 PM »
Real nice in did.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 11:36:07 PM »
LoL very good idea... You could pick up any episode and just insert yourself in it and we could be just spectators narrating a day in Tomobiki or we could be part of it by having an active part on the story...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 12:14:41 PM »
Just want to let you guys know something: I'm not gonna follow the story (since I haven't watched all of the episodes myself). This means I may be adding characters in the wrong order and even make up some new characters.
Also, I'm not gonna do a story for everyday (my imagination isn't that good ;)).

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 01:33:38 PM »
Monday, 26th of September 2005

' ' -Today was the first day of school. And with it some unexpected surprises'
' ' -When I was walking to school I saw the same guy I had seen two days ago. And once again he was chasing a girl. I got sort of used to seeing him do that since yesterday I had seen him a few times when I was exploring the town.
' ' -However, unlike all times, there was no girl chasing him, no green and smooth haired girl'
' ' -When I get to school I get a bit lost in there. That school is huge. But eventually I find my way to my classroom.
' ' -Some people were waiting outside. I guessed class hadn't started yet. When I look at the people there though I get amazed by something: the girl-chasing guy was there. But this time he just seemed to be talking to some buddies and not trying to get girls. Maybe he had given up.
' ' -So our teacher finally comes and apologizes for being late, saying he was caught in traffic. He gets in and we go after him, then we do the usual Japanese teacher-student greeting.
' ' -He starts observing the class and starts saying that he already knows everyone'except me. So he introduces himself as Onsen-Mark and tells everyone to introduce themselves too. This is how I found the names of some of my colleagues: Ataru (the flirter guy), Shinobu, Satoshi, Kosuke, Ayame, Akira and Hiroyuki. Onsen-Mark also said that Lum was missing. I wonder who she is'
' ' -During class, Ataru kept looking at the girls, not paying attention to anything the teacher was saying. Eventually Onsen-Mark noticed and hitted him on the head with a wooden sword he had. Besides that the class was pretty boring.
' ' -At 1 PM the bell rang meaning we were free to go home, since we didn't have school in the afternoon on Mondays. Instead of going home I decided to go with my classmates for lunch.
' ' -I noticed that Ataru wasn't chasing girls so I decided to go talk to him and introduce myself, hoping to get some info on the green-haired girl. He didn't talk about it though. He ended explaining me some stuff about the school that I didn't know and he also made fun of our teacher, saying that no one used to pay him any attention.
' ' -We finally arrive at the restaurant and ask our food. While we're eating Ataru keeps staring at a woman in the restaurant. Strangely, I thought I had seen that woman in school today. But I didn't bother much.
' ' -When we're done eating we pay and split up, each one for his own house.
' ' -Ataru ended up going my way since he lived a few houses next to mine. So he stops at one house and I carry on to mine. That's when I hear something'
' _'Finally you're home Darling.' said a girl. 'Why did you take so long?'
' _'Don't bother me now. I have to do some homework.'
' ' -I knew that wasn't true since we didn't have any homework. So I started wondering: what girl was that that Ataru wanted to evade so badly??

I decided to add the date of the days.
Also, if you ever see anything wrong, even if it's a little mistake, feel free to let me know and I'll correct it.

Edit: Fixed a few typos
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:49:09 AM by Lum-chan »

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 12:34:38 AM »
You could inset us.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 01:34:36 AM »
Yes, you could insert us in the story:

- My name is Sam Blitz, and I'm almost 18 years old. I'm currently living on Japan for at least 6 months and I'm still waiting for the government approval to start studying in Japan.
     - I'm originally from Germany but since my dad transferred all his business to Japan we decided to move in as well. It's not something that we decide instantly, because we would leave everything behind like our friends and the rest of our relatives but I always dreamed going to Japan and when I got the news that we where moving there I instantly replied 'let's go what are we waiting for''.
     - Because we're rich we live in a big European style mansion, but I didn't want to live there since I wanted to live in a traditional Japanese style house but what can I do I still like it?.
     - So here I am in a city called Tomobiki in the outskirts of Tokyo. I was amazed when I got here, since I'm a 1,80m high Nordic European with blond hair every one looked at me wherever I went, but the thing that amazed the most was, they where very polite people, since my Japanese sucks they where always patient and tried to understand what I was trying to say in the stores or even on the streets when I got lost.
     - Even that I don't have my study permission I went to see the school that I was going to study, it has the same name as the town, Tomobiki High School. It was weird seeing everyone with uniforms because I'm used to see them only in private schools and Tomobiki High was a public one but I did enjoy seeing all girls in sailor suits ;).
     - I wasn't aloud inside since I'm not a student but I could stay in the courtyard and explore the surroundings, I don't know why but I suddently had a weird feeling about that school and I'm sure I would find out as soon as I start studying here.

This is just to help you Kroptik this way you don't need to make an intro about me.  ;)

Edit: Fixed some errors
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:49:42 AM by Lum-chan »

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 03:06:08 PM »
I'll have to give that idea some thought. Maybe I'll do it but I'm not sure. I'll try though

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 04:43:03 PM »
Its your story... just keep the good work :-

If you need ideas just contact me on the messenger...

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 12:36:49 AM »
Tuesday, 27th of September, 2005

'  '  -Today I woke up a bit late and had to get ready in a hurry. I was still able to get to school on time though.
'  '  -When I get there I notice that Ataru wasn'’t there yet. Maybe he had gotten lost while chasing some girl or something. Also, there didn'’t seem to be any new faces, so I guessed Lum, whoever she was, wasn'’t there. I wasn'’t even sure if Lum was a girl or a guy, though I was nearly sure it was a she.
'  '  -So the teacher finally arrives after a while. This time he wasn'’t late though. We all get inside the classroom after him and take our seats.
'  '  -When he starts checking the list of names he says that Ataru wasn'’t there. A bit later he says Lum wasn'’t there either. With this most students move uncomfortably in their seats and start staring at each other, sometimes whispering. After a while, Onsen-Mark gets fed up with all the talking and yells so loud that everybody shuts up.
'  '  -After about 3 minutes the door opens, revealing Ataru. He comes in apologising for being late. But I wasn'’t paying much attention to that because I was paying attention to something else'…
'  '  -Behind Ataru came a girl I recognised'…the green-haired girl I had thought about so much. And this time I was able to check her every detail.
'  '  -Though I was sitting and she was standing, I understood she was a bit shorter than me about 2-3 inches. She had a nice body and a cute face to go along with it. Her hair, which I already knew of, was partially hiding what seemed like small cute horns.
'  '  -When she got in she saw that I was looking at her and smiled. When she did I noticed that some of her teeth were bigger then average. I started feeling bad that I had woken up so late and had to get ready in a hurry.
'  '  -When I was finally able to turn my head away, Onsen-Mark asked Lum why she hadn'’t come yesterday. She said she had been visiting her parents. '“Guess she doesn'’t live with them'”, I thought. Onsen-Mark then told her and Ataru that he didn'’t want them to come late again. He also told Lum to sit next to Ataru. This was lucky for me, since it meant she would be staying right in front of me.
'  '  -During the whole class I kept looking at her, unable to take my sight off for more than 5 seconds.
'  '  -The bell rang for lunch, this time at 12.30 PM. As I'’m taking out my lunch I hear Lum say:
'  _'”Want to have lunch together, Darling?'”
'  '  -When I look up I notice she was talking to Ataru. And so I finally realise: the girl in Ataru'’s house the other day was her.
'  '  -Ataru didn'’t reply but she sat next to him anyway and they ate lunch together.
'  '  -After lunch class continued. This time I just organised my ideas, since the last events had taken me by surprise. I was still able to pay attention for the last 5 minutes of class, but nothing else.
'  '  -Finally the bell rings at 4 PM, meaning we can finally go home. I ended up going with Ataru and Lum.
'  '  -While we'’re walking home I notice something that totally amazes me: Lum wasn'’t walking. She was FLOATING a few inches above the ground. I asked her how she was able to do that. She simply answered:
'  _'”I can fly whenever I feel like it'” and she flew high into the air, coming down after a while.
'  '  -Ataru ended up telling me she was an Oni. That didn'’t make any sense to me though. So together they explained what an Oni was. I didn'’t understand much, but I did understand that Lum wasn'’t from Earth. Apparently she was an alien'… an alien princess. Now I understood the hair, the horns and the fangs.
'  '  -After a while we arrive at their house. So we say our goodbyes and I continue towards my own house.
'  '  During the rest of the day I kept thinking about today'’s events, not knowing if I was dreaming or if it was reality. That day seemed too good to be true.

Here's part 3 of the story, finally introducing Lum.
Hope you like it :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:50:35 AM by Lum-chan »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 01:15:19 AM »
I like it  :Y I just thought that for someone that sees a person with horns for the 1st time, Im sure, they wouldn't think they where cute as a first impression...  :P

I was going to continue my story and make it parallel to your's but it would get to confusing for people to understand LoL
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 01:18:42 AM by FallinG_StaR »