Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:53:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Author Topic: when did you first see lum?  (Read 23687 times)

Offline Tenshi

• Chibi
Re: when did you first see lum?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 04:36:10 AM »
My first time was durring one of those midnight runs they used to play on scifi channel. It's been quite a few years sense then thou.

Now hearing: album, Carry on my way. by Speed

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 05:20:07 PM »
I think u know how to get the others up to ep.5 and then random one and some movies but slided into parts all in japanese

it worked 4 me but recently the dude that uploaded several episodes and the 3 movies removed them
and that was da only way i could see UY

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
  • My dark heart belongs to Lum
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 10:45:45 AM »
This is for Moroboshi Ataru.
"I just saw an episod by accident (or was it destiny?) and I got hooked immediatly! this was a long time ago (in a galaxy far away.lol)"
It happend to me the same way, but I thought that it was Hentai. :@
After a few days later I have under stoud that it was harmless anime, than I have started to be a fanatic for Lum, I coudn’t miss one episode but I did, with an enourmes sacrifice. :'( 8)7 |:(

This is for FallinG_StaR.
“LoL The one thing I think its funny is that almost every one didnt see the end of UY Lum, and in my case I still trying to see the 1st 20 episodes that I missed but I saw the rest to the end”
You are lucky, I haven’t seen, I think, the first 75 episodes. :(

By the way, what is the program used to read the episodes that can be download from these site, and where can I find them? :?
DarkDevil, king of the Demons.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 12:44:11 AM »
What site??? YouTube???
Only Media Player 9 or 10
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 01:13:39 AM »
No! On TV.
I have never fond any site that I could Download and see.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 01:18:23 AM »
I have got Windows Media Player 10
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 01:19:59 AM »
Do you know any sites that could download such files.
If you do, I will  _/-o_
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 01:31:17 AM »
Well there is one but they are not accepting any more people. www.boxtorrents.com
But even if you could become a member you had to download Bittornado www.bittornado.com to download the files from Boxtorrents.
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 05:25:24 PM »
that is why we have yo buy them at some specialized stores coz some torrents just froze at 99.9%,really

As a matter of fact,i only own a vhs of UY that mah cousins had,it contains episodes 11 thru 18,but dats too little compared to da huge universe of UY

Offline YaeGron Maxo7

• Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2006, 04:19:28 AM »
My first time I saw the lum series was when I was about 5 years old. I rented it from what was then called Errelds(sp?) I fell in love with it within the first 5 min. It was my first anime. Unfortunatly my mom didnt want me watching "lewd cartoons" so basically was forces to give up watching anime in general. But now that I'm 19 and finally know what the series is ( I couldnt read back then and I didnt figure out what the series was called till my sophmore year in high school) I'm about to freakin buy every DVD I can find on the series.
My world revolves lum, she is my warmth that keeps me alive in the dark, cold expanses of endless space. She is my north star that I align my sails to steer me clear of the rocks. she is my.... my... What the hell??!! Lum is Hawt! Hawt as the sun is hot!

Offline Dabu Sensei

• Casual Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 07:09:35 AM »
I first saw Lum and Urusei Yatsura at various science fiction conventions. I did not appreciate it right away--zany as it was--especially when seen out of order. It seemed so light weight and comedy only.

After a few dozen episodes, I watched and learned how wonderfully devoted Lum was, her eagerness to please her "beau", and the enjoyable exotic nature of the show. This won me over completely.

Although I like Video Girl Ai, Nuku-Nuku, and others, it is always to Lum that I return--even after twenty years.

Dabu Sensei

Offline Necron 99

• Psychotic Fan
  • How do I shot web?
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 06:09:21 AM »
I first saw Lum when I was looking at the Urusei Yatsura album on www.animegalleries.net. I honestly did not think much of the show at the time. I don't think I fell in love with her until I stumbled across Project ILM. It was there that I discovered how admirable and wonderful Lum really was.
I wonder what's for dinner? --King Harkinian
Compared to Goemon, we're not very cool! --Arsene Lupin III

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 03:22:03 AM »
Well one time when I was looking for info about Inu-Yasha and Ranma I stumbled with this: http://furinkan.com/
I noticed along my two favorite series was this green haired girl. I clicked on her face and read the overview and fell madly in love with it ever since :)

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 09:55:36 PM »
The first time I saw Lum was the pic of her at absoluteanime.com but I didn't know anything about her or the show so I simply moved on. Later I came across Ranma and when I heard about Shampoo, just clips, I thought she was the on in the pic.

It wasn't until I found lumcolette's One Day One Dream AMV for Urusei Yatsura that I found out that everything Urusei Yatsura I saw was in reality not Ranma at all. I watched the amv cause the pic on the vid was (in my head at the time) A guy sitting with a green haired Shampoo (She had green hair in Ranma opening 1 too) and I assumed it was Shampoo sitting with Ranma.

So after watching the amv I realized this wasn't Ranma. Almost immediately I searched the anime title on youtube and began watching the show. This was almost one year ago and it became my favorite show. Now, I upload the episodes on youtube and veoh. I would like to upload them here but I can't find anything that lets me do that.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline GiovaneDinamitardo

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 10:17:09 PM »
I've saw Lamù for the first time on 1984 on a commercial italian TV.

IT WAS LIKE A SHOCK: FIRST EPISODE, FIRST TOPLESS SCENE (when Ataru rip the bra of Lamù) !!!

Since ever, it was the first time that we saw a cartoon where the main trama was totally based on sexual attraction.

Since that moment I'm living for Lamù and Ataru became my idol.

Recently I've found all the episodes of the saga on youtube and, after few days, I was able to realize my ancestral dream: to make a little tale of Ataru and Lamù on my own.

The legend of "GiovaneDinamitardo" was born.......  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:08:27 PM by Lum-chan »