Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5

Author Topic: when did you first see lum?  (Read 23787 times)

Offline kyo

• Big Fan
Re: when did you first see lum?
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 04:25:53 AM »
ign.com 2004 that when i saw the cotten candy green hair :)
"darling, you give too much thought to what is real and what is not, to what is true and what is false. I realize that is your way, but just this once, accept things as they are. Forego your control, your discipline. and take me with you.

lum plea to kyo final chapter of sins of the family.

Offline Surudoi

• Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 08:37:18 PM »
i first saw her when i was bored in computer class and i chose a random manga online an guess which it was.

Offline lilwiz

• Fan
  • Lea Sah <:
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 01:50:02 AM »
i was on youtube and mi bro asked me to put on the song "average man" by reel big fish
when i searched it there waz a fan vid on urusei yatsura
naturally anything that has to do wit anime i click,
and thus mi curiosity waz aroused
i searched it and now i'm almost done watching!

i love it soooo much!^_^

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 08:02:25 AM »
somewhat I knew that AMV's served another purpose, bringing more fans. anyway why don't you make an introduce yourself properly lilwiz on a introduction topic?

▲
▲ ▲

Offline Sapphire_Thunder

• Chibi
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »
I saw the DVD of Beautiful Dreamer in one store. Then when I got home I went to computer and tried to find torrents for whole Urusei Yatsura series, I found it, I downloaded it and then watched it.
I haven't yet seen the OAV's or Movies but I'm currently trying to download them. Will take some time :P
But after I saw 1st episode, I knew that Lum is just great.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »
if you want to watch them, you can find the ovas under veoh.com/users/neo1fox or youtube.com/uyova

movies can be found at youtube.com/neo1fox or veoh.com/users/uymovies

uymovies has english dub movies too ^_^

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Lum92

• Fan
  • daarin love you <3
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 11:11:25 PM »
I was about 10 years old and I found a video-tape of lum with a friend.I saw lum another time in the tv,but i wasn't very interested.in 2003 I bought my first comic of urusei yatsura,the number 38 here in italy.After my passion for lum growed and growed,and two years ago I did my first comic concerning lum.Today love still uy,because i feel like lum and my boyfriend is very similar to ataru.:D
Jack <3

Offline UataruY

• Big Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 01:08:23 AM »
the first time i saw her was on sic radical here in portugal about 5 or 4 years ago. i was searching for something interesting to watch and then i saw her, she was the most beautiful anime girl that i had ever seen and so i watched the episode ( i think it was that one in which she has an affair with a dolfin xD) and i loved it so i rushed to my computer and saw the schedules and during 3 months of vacations i would wake up at 4 am just to see an episode then i would go back to sleep and at 5 pm i would watch another episode. after those 3 months uy went off the air and it was only 7 months ago that i saw her on youtube, i was so happy that in only 2 months i saw all the episodes.
Urusei Yatsura Forever!
Stormtrooper number 5!

Offline Lord Caim

• Registered
  • Mobilize the Mendou Aerial Assault Unit!
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2008, 05:35:22 AM »
well originally i had seen it various times growing up in the 80's and 90's. friends watched it, anime was in, etc. so i had seen and heard of it. but then back in 99 when my gf was finding a good song for us, she happened across the perfect song, with a nice, but random(at the time) anime for video. so she sends it to me. i wasn't(and still don't consider myself) an anime fan, but this one in particular seemed very nice, and at least somewhat funny. so i spend about 4 months trying to find out what the anime was. I'm about to give up searching for it, and my Music tutor at the time sends me a God given link depicting a comic strip of Ataru being himself(pervy), along with his typical joke at me about being a perv.(it was just a JOKE!) so me being me, desperate, nearly beat him half to death(just kidding) to get the name of the anime Urusei Yatsura. so i search for forever, still cannot find anything big about it, other than it was what i wanted and it existed.
a year or so went by, i saw a movie, a few episodes, and read a volume or 2 of the manga, and then i got really busy. by the time 2001 rolls around, i had probably forgotten what UY was. this continued until 2005, when i was getting ready to get a new computer, i opened up my favorites(which had probably collected its weight in 'computer dust') and i see UY, and so i make it a point to watch more of it, later. another year rolls by, and its in my new computer, collecting dust, being forgotten about. Christmas of 06 rolls around, and i get another comic strip from good ol' josh the music man. i am reminded of UY once again, i go search for it and find little more then i did last time. so i go down to my library, block buster, etc and look, but it was not there. finally after a very long time, I'm at some sort of small town anime convention, with my little bro. not their for myself not looking for anything. i walk by a stand and see a little figurine of miss Lum. i bought the store out of its manga(a random half of the series) and a few dvds.
from that point on i was hooked.  recently I've seen most all of the episodes, movies, ova's, and manga. thanks to various people at youtube, and Veoh. so for the past 3 months I've been obsessing over it, finding new sites, and finding where to download them. i found nice little boxtorrents.com which game me all of UY everything. OVA, Movies, whole manga, every episode, all of the music box. etc. problem was. i don't have enough space on my computer for all of it. so i have to do various things to get more space on my junk computer so that it can download, the 40 GB series. that is my current dilemma with UY...
and that's how my life came to revolve around UY, and Lum.
Drakengard - project dragonsphere.
super special awesome endorser of the game. yep that's me.
buy it, play it, love it, live it. Drakengard.

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 07:11:16 AM »
Whoa you sure had UY around your life. 8|
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline Lord Caim

• Registered
  • Mobilize the Mendou Aerial Assault Unit!
    • Myspace
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »
Whoa you sure had UY around your life. 8|

well i did say my life kind of revolves around UY...
now anyway...
ok so maybe not revolve... i dont have THAT much free time. but a good portion of the time im bored and not busy im probly watching UY...
Drakengard - project dragonsphere.
super special awesome endorser of the game. yep that's me.
buy it, play it, love it, live it. Drakengard.

Offline dak

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »
May i join you guy and girl?( it hard to see girl here)

The first time i see UY was on an abroad channel, Animax channel. I fell for it right after first episode. It show at 23.00 pm in my country's time and at that time i was a pupil and my parents were hard about stay up late. Because of that sometime i have to persuaded them very much to see it. They reshow it on the morning but it the same time i have prepared for school.

They only showed season 1 at that time and i didn't know UY had so much episode so i try to see it again and again just to see its end until they stop showed it. That the most thing confused my mind when i think back about it. It about three years ago.

Once again my love for UY rise when i see its manga was published my a good publisher in my country, well translated, high quality image.

I searched web day by day until i download all manga chapter. Done with manga, i searched for anime until i found this http://www.veoh.com/. The time i found it, it had UY but no English
subtitle. I had to download it until the heaven open the light for me.

I found UruseiNeo's collection. You can understand the feeling of someone living in dark for long time now see the light, can't you? I so happy at that time, so so so so so happy.
Thank LumUrusei you are my god.

Now i have most chapters of UY and just matter of time before i have OVA and movie.

UY is the only thing now in my ming and my heart.

Long live Urusei Yatsura. _/-\o_ _/-\o_ _/-\o_ _/-\o_
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:10:35 PM by dak »
The only person Lum love is Ataru.
Only thing i can do is watch over her from darkness.

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2008, 03:42:34 PM »
I'll agree to that. ;D

By the way dak, I'm a guy. :/
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline dak

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2008, 03:49:38 PM »
Of course i knew you are a guy, i not blind.
girls i talking about are girls of forum.
sr if this misunderstand make you angry (bow)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:53:24 PM by dak »
The only person Lum love is Ataru.
Only thing i can do is watch over her from darkness.

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »
I'm not sure if he's talking about me but I'm a girl. I'm a tomboy but still a girl.