Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:20:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Author Topic: Ending Question (Spoilers)  (Read 6064 times)

Offline melancholy3

• Registered
Ending Question (Spoilers)
« on: May 26, 2006, 04:53:11 AM »
I haven't gotten as far as the ending yet (I'm at episode 32), but I can't help but ask a question. In the end, does Ataru end up with Lum? Or does he end up with Shinobu? Go ahead and hit me with the spoilers, I mind not. I personally can't stand Shinobu and would be upset if Ataru ended up with her. Lum, on the other hand, I can't help but adore and hope the best for the Lum+Ataru pairing. Normally I wouldn't ask such a question and would watch to find out myself, but knowing how most romance series go I won't find out until the end, and I don't particularly want to spend my time watching 158 episodes only to find out he hooks up with the girl I can't stand. Well, since I'm enjoying the series so much already, I'll probably continue even if it is Shinobu, but I still want to know so I can prepare myself for an ending I'm not going to like. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: Ending Question (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 12:47:26 AM »
In the end Moroboshi goes gay and ends up with Mendo  8| :D) })

Well not really, but you're still at episode nº 32, when you get to epi. 85 I will tell you or you can search the forum and find out yourself... ;)

Lets see if this helps you... http://www.lum-chan.com/index.php?topic=340.0
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 12:50:57 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline LuMcHaN69

• Fan
  • Soo da-tcha ne!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 04:38:29 AM »
Hahahahahaha....Right on Dude!  As for your question, sorry i can't help you guy cuz i never seen the whole series myself.  However, based on what i've seen in movie 6, that is what happens with lum and moroboshi...if that helps.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 04:40:18 AM by LuMcHaN69 »
Not LuMcHaN69...Call me Roxy Moroboshi! ^_^

Offline melancholy3

• Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 08:36:07 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I'm on episode 92 right now and things are definitely looking up for the two.

I had actually used the search funtion but I'm horrible at it. Didn't find what I was looking for. Anyway, I checked out the thread you linked me and it helped out a lot. If you wanna go ahead and give me a more in-depth reply on the ending now that I've passed episode 85, that would be nice as well. :P Either way, I'm enjoying Urusei Yatsura so much right now that I wouldn't mind any ending, really. It's easily reached my top 10 favorite anime list.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:48:02 AM »
Well it was so long ago that what you see on the link is what I remember from the last episode...  :P
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline bentenlover

• Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 09:05:36 PM »
In the end Moroboshi goes gay and ends up with Mendo  8| :D) })

Well not really, but you're still at episode nº 32, when you get to epi. 85 I will tell you or you can search the forum and find out yourself... ;)

Lets see if this helps you... http://www.lum-chan.com/index.php?topic=340.0

it looks like that epi form adam and eve hehe,
Is your faith traced, mine is, with Benten
Serious who thinks Benten should get a BIGGER GUN

Offline Kotatsu-neko

• Casual Fan
  • Kotatsu-neko > Hokuto-Kun
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 09:25:45 AM »
Do YOU think Ataru would end up with Shinobu, melancholy3? ;)

Anyway, the TV series doesn't give an ending: the ending is Movie 5 :)

Offline LuMcHaN69

• Fan
  • Soo da-tcha ne!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 12:55:42 PM »
If the ending is movie 5, then what is movie 6?

Offline bentenlover

• Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 03:03:47 PM »
well the movie 6 is more to celebrate the aniversary its not that significative, because in the 5 the story repeats itself but this time she doesn't want to get catch and he wants to catch her to stay with her
Is your faith traced, mine is, with Benten
Serious who thinks Benten should get a BIGGER GUN

Offline LuMcHaN69

• Fan
  • Soo da-tcha ne!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 08:15:59 PM »
aww man, now i want to buy the movies...i already have all the ovas..i'm scrapping the idea of having the series because now its just getting too difficult to find them all. :'(

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 08:29:21 PM »
I have the OVAs too and Movies 1, 2 and 3, Manga Volume 1, 2 and 3 Music collection almost complete, Im just missing the TV series... ;( by the end of the summer I will have the complete Movie colection and Manga. ^O^

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 01:16:24 PM »
I have the OVAs too and Movies 1, 2 and 3, Manga Volume 1, 2 and 3 Music collection almost complete, Im just missing the TV series... sadly by the end of the summer I will have the complete Movie colection and Manga. both thumbs up

Uhmm, let's see...
I should have in DVD all the movies in italian and english version, all the ova, all the published dvd of the italian series (and this time they will release all the eps!!! :*) :*))), the incomplete italian series in VHS (twice, tho different editions...), some animeigo DVD about series, all the movies japanese LD, japanese series LD from 1 to 12, UY Simphony LD, "Chance on love" LD, "Matane" LD, "TV TITLES" LD, some original VHS, quite all the LPs, quite all the CDs, the Complete Music Box, the mini-cd Memorial Box, the japanese manga (twice: normal & wide), the chinese edition, the italian edition, the fan-book, the portfolio, the games (Nintendo, MegaCD, PcEngine, MSX2, NintendoDS and a LCD handheld), quite all the Marmit dolls, a ceramic statue, a 1/4 plastic doll, several garage kits, ufo catcher figures and dolls, gashapons, posters, postcards, shitajiki, cards, cardass, notebooks, panfleets, booklets, t-shirts, stickers, keyholders, calendars, a lot of non h doujinshi, a glasses-box, several metal box, a cd holder, a "tennis racket & ball" holder, a cup, a plastic bowl for kids, a car-badge and several other strange things actually I really don't remember...AND I STILL FIND THINGS I MISS!!! :(

How is this possible? How much stuff has been produced in these years about Lum?? I fear I'll find someday "UY: the flamethrower!!!" :&

Well, not that I'm not happy about it, but, really, the available space has run out and I continue to buy new items...soon or later I'll have to sacrifice something... ;(

By the way, if you want to see a possible ending try visiting this: http://www.niji.jp/home/hey-gen/

It's the best possible "ending" I ever found on the net, well drawn and plausible! ;)

It's not too easy to navigate, but you may be able to find a manga about what (may be) happened after the 5th movie and a lot of short stories and illustrations! ^O^
...I love summer sun...

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 12:56:50 AM »
Give this man the Otaku of the year award   :)

Btw, whats a card"ass"  :P })

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 06:40:12 AM »
I have the OVAs too and Movies 1, 2 and 3, Manga Volume 1, 2 and 3 Music collection almost complete, Im just missing the TV series... sadly by the end of the summer I will have the complete Movie colection and Manga. both thumbs up

Uhmm, let's see...
I should have in DVD all the movies in italian and english version, all the ova, all the published dvd of the italian series (and this time they will release all the eps!!! :*) :*))), the incomplete italian series in VHS (twice, tho different editions...), some animeigo DVD about series, all the movies japanese LD, japanese series LD from 1 to 12, UY Simphony LD, "Chance on love" LD, "Matane" LD, "TV TITLES" LD, some original VHS, quite all the LPs, quite all the CDs, the Complete Music Box, the mini-cd Memorial Box, the japanese manga (twice: normal & wide), the chinese edition, the italian edition, the fan-book, the portfolio, the games (Nintendo, MegaCD, PcEngine, MSX2, NintendoDS and a LCD handheld), quite all the Marmit dolls, a ceramic statue, a 1/4 plastic doll, several garage kits, ufo catcher figures and dolls, gashapons, posters, postcards, shitajiki, cards, cardass, notebooks, panfleets, booklets, t-shirts, stickers, keyholders, calendars, a lot of non h doujinshi, a glasses-box, several metal box, a cd holder, a "tennis racket & ball" holder, a cup, a plastic bowl for kids, a car-badge and several other strange things actually I really don't remember...AND I STILL FIND THINGS I MISS!!! :(

How is this possible? How much stuff has been produced in these years about Lum?? I fear I'll find someday "UY: the flamethrower!!!" :&

Well, not that I'm not happy about it, but, really, the available space has run out and I continue to buy new items...soon or later I'll have to sacrifice something... ;(

By the way, if you want to see a possible ending try visiting this: http://www.niji.jp/home/hey-gen/

It's the best possible "ending" I ever found on the net, well drawn and plausible! ;)

It's not too easy to navigate, but you may be able to find a manga about what (may be) happened after the 5th movie and a lot of short stories and illustrations! ^O^

Moroboshi...you are the man,thanx 4 da webpage,dude

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 10:27:38 AM »
Give this man the Otaku of the year award  :)

:@

Btw, whats a card"ass" :P })

Heh, great question... :D

Moroboshi...you are the man,thanx 4 da webpage,dude

It's not bad, is it? ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 10:29:58 AM by Moroboshi »
...I love summer sun...