Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Author Topic: The Lum/Love Rant  (Read 6788 times)

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
  • LumTaKing, A Dangerous Mix of Lumtaku and OtaKing.
    • Goulash Portfolio
The Lum/Love Rant
« on: December 29, 2005, 03:59:41 PM »
I've been forced to think alot recently, quite simply for lack of anything else to do.

I see Lum in a different light, somehow.

I at very least know that what I feel for Lum could not be love - or maybe it could.

Maybe my weary mind is seeing things it shouldn't, maybe life hasn't been dropping hints for me.

I am young, and thus, I know very little about anything. I may seem knowledgeable, but I am at the height of ignorance.

Maybe I was just toying with the concept of being in love - maybe I subconciously used Lum as the guinea pig.

Maybe I do really love Lum, it quite possibly could be more than a petty infatuation.

What is "love"?

There are three things that are certain about it.

• 1) It is a chemical reaction - it can't be helped.
  • 2) It can scar people worse than any viral disease, hurt more than the cruelest torture. (In fact, I can't remember who it was, I beleive the Acheans, but "love" was classed as a disease)
  • 3) It begins with an "L" and ends with an "E".

I doubt I'll ever know if I love Lum - at least, in the sense I'm thinking.

I have never experienced love... maybe I never will.

Looking at Sternberg's theory, what I feel for Lum is very likely a one-sided liking. It could also be a companionate love - but as it occured to me so long ago, I will likely never know. Lum, is Lum, and thus, is a character. As has been pointed out, characters are subject to opinion, so passing judgement of what kind of feeling Lum could have for me could very possibly be correct.

Truth is subjective, of course, and changes from person to person. Further arguments against the possibility that Lum could very much love me.

Maybe I have? Who can put a name on it?

A rose is a rose, whether it be drawn, painted, wild, grown, encased in glass - it will forever be a melancholy beauty, no matter how it is presented.

"What's in a name? A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet."

By the same token, Lum is Lum, no matter how she exists, or is portrayed.

Maybe I was better off when this was merely an obsession, the dwindling embers of a powerful infatuation.

As I have said before, true knowledge can only be attained from true ignorance.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 04:39:50 PM by Gulanzon »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: The Lum/Love Rant
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 04:49:47 AM »
Love for Lum.....well let me see if i can help you.

Love:

- sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people

- any object of warm affection or devotion

- a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction

- a strong positive emotion of regard and affection

- a beloved person; used as terms of endearment

You will know you're in love when you:
- get pleasure from seeing, hearing?, etc...(Lum)
- be enamored or in love with someone (Lum)
- have a great affection or liking for someone or something (Lum)

So if you feel any of this symptoms above, you should see a doctor urgently LoLĂ‚  :D) })

"He has a passion for cock fighting"
Btw, i found this sentence in the internet as an example of love and i dont know why but a wierd image stormed my brain and im still trying to forget it LoL
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:55:25 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 06:01:58 PM »
I suppose the point is - is it love, or obsession?

I quote a friend: "You shouldn't let it get to the point where you spend time locked in a padded cell simply because you couldn't take the strain of being away from Lum for an extended period of time."

Ludd.

Someone called Lum "beautiful".

Why does that make me feel so... odd?

I can't put words on it.

But... yeah. Every time I think of it, I end up going back to dispositura a perturbationibus - Clarity from Confusions.

I wonder what it is...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 06:28:56 PM by Gulanzon »

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 01:12:49 PM »
Humph, I was thinking something similar too, but it was about 20 years ago! :&
Now all that mind is Lum; no questions, no quest for answers, simply Lum!! :P

The more I read your posts, the more you remind me Shutaro... 8)
...and it would be interesting to have a Mendo in the forum, just to heat a little the air... :D) ;)
...I love summer sun...

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 02:25:48 PM »
Why do I remind you of Shutaro?

I mean, I do have a Narcissistic (Narcissus+istic? I guess it works =| Accursed English) bent... but...

Uh, yeah =|

And the spell is broken, now that I'm back home.

Note to self: never visit Queensland again.

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 01:23:11 PM »
LOL :D)
...I love summer sun...

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 10:40:59 AM »
You still haven't told me exactly why I remind you of Shutaro =|

I really think I'm more like Rei, minus the dashing features and wit-as-sharp-as-a-crayon thing.

Or, in other words, a more handsome version of Megane.

Lum the Forever, I guess.

Offline Judas

• Fan
    • Tales of the World: The RPG
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 05:45:52 AM »
When he says you sound like Shutaro I think he's referring to how 'poetic' and philosophical you are in our long posts

BTW nice job on that rant, it was touching nd inspiring; maybe someday I'll follow your example and write one regarding Oyuki-chen

My only reason for importing NAMCO X CAPCOM...I have no life

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 09:33:15 PM »
wow, that was deep, you remind me of a columnest in a mag i read, called (Low Range One Mans Rant) it was in 4 wheel and offroad, after a segment called RPM which was basicly a page to poast how the test vehicles that 4wor tesed performed in there alloted fields, i'll agree with you that Love is a chemical thing and cant be helped, and i'll agree with the other responces there, in biology we found that certian things just happon, for no seemingly obvious reason, but it's all traced down to chemical impulses in the brain triggering emotions and actions to said stimulus, love is technically how you want to describe it.
P.S great rant, verry thaught provokeing
Lifes a journey.... are you up for the ride?
you cant truely understand the sweet with out taisteing a little of the bitter, love is love, that's all it is, physical, chemical, or otherwards, make the best of it man
"Barry"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 09:38:50 PM by Jeeper426 »
You say "redneck" like it's a bad thing O.o
Dixie America, Heritage Not Hate Ya'll
when life throws you twists, and rough terrain, keep on goin, the only things that matter in life are 4x4's ATV's and good anime to watch, rock on Ya'll, "Member of Tread-Lightl

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 08:04:53 AM »
It is now Wednesday. That means I have currently spent eight days in a Lum-free environment.

Three more days till I start ranting again.

I call that state Dispositura a Perturbationibus. Clarity from Confusion (technically Order from Confusion, but Clarity rings better).

Lum, as the character, is darling. It's charming how naive she can be.

The "crush" lies with Hirano Fumi.

Her voice is so wonderfully debilitating. I went out on the veranda, turned on Lum's Ballad, and before I knew it, had spent a good hour completely dazed like that. Pwahaha.

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »
well that works, spend 12 days away, then get back to ranting, lol, i guess that works out pretty good :), i'm still unable to get any eps DL'd >.< crappy connection through winMX, and when i find them it only has eps 100+

426 HEMI, Jeeper426... Dixie America.... Thunder On
when life throws you twists, and rough terrain, keep on goin, the only things that matter in life are 4x4's ATV's and good anime to watch, rock on Ya'll, "Member of Tread-Lightl

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 04:30:32 AM »
Tell me how to set up an HTML server, and I can get you all the eps up 'til 117, all the movies, and, if I ever somehow manage to get that 80G USB HDD, all the OVAs, too.

EDIT!

quasi-On-topic: Still haven't been told why I'm reminiscent of Shutaro

really-On-topic: I think it's charming how innocent Lum is. I guess I'm alone in that view? That, and she's adorable.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 04:33:25 AM by Gulanzon »

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 06:37:26 AM »
well the one way i can think of it would be probibly the MySQL system that's used from your comp to launch a Sudo server, and if i'm not mystaken you dont have to leave your comp running to use it, i think you install the software, then run it, tell the system what you want on there, then save your files to an online drive (if i'm not mystaken i think it's of your choise if you dont want to use the MySQL data storage system) then you can go from there, then you can log in from anyware and edit what's on your drive and so on and so forth >.< obviously i dont have much experiance with it, i attempted to use an HTML editer, called (TeaCup) it's a beginner level through experianced level HTML programmer, it also has some "dummy" buttons, which are basicly Wizzards that assist in the setup process.... it has some good tutorials with the program, but i'm not sure where to get it, my best guess would be do a Google or Dogpile search for "Tea Cup HTML Editor" it suld take you to a Download site either through CNet or some different one >.<, it's been a while since i used that prog, i couldnt even tell ya' how to get it loaded LOL :& well Good Luck on your Server man, someone else may have some better advice >.< like Lum-Chan or Judas, they seem to know more about servers and Online Webhosteing than i do :o

Cant Take The heat.. get out of the garage... cant take the noise.. get out of the pit.... Dixie America...... Thunder On!

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 01:42:37 PM »
When he says you sound like Shutaro I think he's referring to how 'poetic' and philosophical you are in our long posts

Yeah, you caught the point! 8)
I'm sorry, but recently I'm really over-working, it's a great problem to not fall asleep during lunch time, and this prevented me from connecting in the last days... ;(

As said Judas, that's the reason why you reminded me that skunk(whoops :9) of Shutaro!! :Y :D)
Megane would have been much less poetical, overwhelmed by his unstoppable feelings, shouting his love here and there with microphones and amplifiers!!! :&
Rei would have been much more...silent!!! :X

Shutaro, definitely Shutaro!! :Y

BTW nice job on that rant, it was touching nd inspiring

I must definitely quote! :-

...I love summer sun...

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 05:21:33 PM »
 ^O^ :D) the mics and amps would probibly be the way i would have done some things :o, but i'm sure that the most poetic way to get to a womans heart would be standing on her lawn, and playing "her" song
i think the most warming song i can think of would have to be (bare with me here but i'm gonna say it) a country song it's a slow dance / love song, and if you could bare to sing along with that song i'm sure that she'd see that your censear about what your trying to say >.< i'm not makeing any sence...
the song i'm refering to is "she's my kind of rain" "Tim McGraw" .... i guess i kinda got off topic :o sorry guys }:|

Jeeper426, Silver Dollar, Channel 19 CB, Dixie America.... Thunder On

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 02:59:22 AM »
Can't sleep? I seem to be waking up after three hours of sleep, staying up for two or so hours, then lying in bed for ~ an hour, finally falling asleep.

This morning was interesting, all my thoughts were breaking into prose. I only wish I had a notebook to write down some of the things that I came up with =]

>.>

Oh well.

Shutaro? Why, I have the confidence of the common field-mouse. I say I'm closer to Rei. I even LOOK like him. I repeat, though, I'm hardly as dashingly handsome.

AND!

I just saw Judas's post, pwahaha.

Depends how devoted you are to her.

Pwahaha, took me ~11 days of only my collection of stills from M4 and the AMVs to remind me of Lum before I snapped.

Three cheers for the anti-holidays >.>

Needz mai preciouszzz, they must not hurts it mai preciouszz *shifty glances*

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 05:21:14 AM »
O.O yea.... you really need to get more sleep

America Land of the Free, Home of the brave... Dixie america... thunder on 8)

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 12:24:24 PM »
Absolutely.

Going home tomorrow! Then I'll be sleeping like a lizard.

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 05:45:32 AM »
rock on bro. everybody needs some R&R time, all work and no play, makes everybody a dull boy... or girl LOL

if your stressed, try a hobby, like i have, i go wheelin' when i need to chill, or unwind.. being lost in the concentration needed to negotiate over the rough stuff makes it all the more fun, slowly creeping up a hill, or over rocks.. it's all worth the fun  8). Dixie America.... Thunder on

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 06:22:35 AM »
All play and no work makes Roddy a fugitive!

Guess the point here's kinda been expended, eh?

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 03:30:37 PM »
i couldnt have put it better than that LOL, basicly the same thing :).

it's not wather you win or loose, it's how you play the game.... so play to win :P, Dixie America.... Thunder On

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 04:32:17 PM »
What's with the scrolling messages?

Just got the one about getting a hobby.

My hobby is capping anime. I vote I do it well, and any nay-sayers will be sacrificed to Zuul.

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 09:53:42 PM »
i have a few animes on this comp that are Fan Subbed :) i'm sure your good at it, and about the scrolling Marquee, lol, i just like it, its' kinda cool, this is the first string board that i've been on that has that function :o hobbies are a good thing to have, they keep us... well.. us i guess, lol, i'm not sure exactly what to say on that subject >.< i didnt get much sleep lastnight, and later today we have to go and rake up more of the leaves again today >.<..

I really need a girlfriend :o
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 05:02:01 AM by Jeeper426 »

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 05:47:18 AM »
Who needs a girlfriend when you have Lum

(And hentai manga)

If you start turning H on me, I'll sacrifice you to Zuul.

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 06:37:29 AM »
O.o do you mean "H" as in Hentai? o.O
h'okay O.o lol, and i guess your right there man hehe

Who needs a girlfriend when you have Lum

american muscle is not dead.. it's just bideing it's time till the imports are getting cocky, to make there move... the 1971 Dodge Charger 426 HEMI will roar again.... Dixie America.... Thunder On

Offline Gulanzon

• Fan
    • Goulash Portfolio
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2006, 07:00:48 AM »
H as in Ecchi.

I hereby proclaim myself to be the Custos Maximus of Lum.

I also proclaim France to be the Hell of all Lumites.

Offline Jeeper426

• Casual Fan
  • Heritage Not Hate
    • allaboutmud
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 05:23:46 AM »
you dont have to worry about me turnin' H on ya' bruh lol

Offline koushiro

• Registered
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 04:53:35 PM »
lum................. i lived in japan for most of my life and my happiness was forfilled when a girl whos manners were just very identical to lum-chan. i'm mr luck because i wake up to her every day and i'm 25 so woohoo i'm married to a otaku girl from japan who won't electricute me but acts like lum when were together!

Offline Moroboshi Ataru

• Casual Fan
  • Moroboshi, The Hugger
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »
Wow.Now there's a lucky guy on the forum.congratulations!
"I love Lum!...and Shinobu and Ran and Sakura and Rioko..."

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 01:09:13 AM »
When you say she's like Lum-chan you mean she has the personality of Lum, (that be innocent, "happy" and friendly), or that she's jealous and goes "crazy" when you're with other girls or both???

Btw, you're lucky you married her because if you didnt I'm sure you would be Zapped in a sec.
Oh, and is that your wife on the avatar???  :9~ :D)
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline Moroboshi Ataru

• Casual Fan
  • Moroboshi, The Hugger
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006, 12:53:39 AM »
yeah,she is right.is your wife like lum or are you like ataru?lol

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 01:23:16 PM »
She!?!?!? Who you calling a she??? Im a Man god dammit LoL  }:|

Offline Moroboshi Ataru

• Casual Fan
  • Moroboshi, The Hugger
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2006, 01:09:59 AM »
lool Im sorry.Dont you have a post saying "Am I the only woman here?".Im really sorry man.lol I wont repeat it.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2006, 01:36:24 AM »
 8| WHAT  8|
I never wrote that... Im a Ladies Man, a Real Man, a Sexy Man  8) LoL  :D)

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2006, 11:10:46 AM »
LOOOL :D
...I love summer sun...