Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:18:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Author Topic: Darling  (Read 8624 times)

Offline Razor

• Chibi
Darling
« on: April 17, 2005, 10:50:58 AM »
Edit: Yeah I just read over it, it's 5am... I'm sorry it sucks @_@ must.. delete... bah, will do it tomorrow, time for sleep.

Darling

Epilogue

The life of a UY fan is that of disappointment in this realm, for while storylines bloom all around him abundant in information and followings, his (or her) only recourse is to stumble upon the chance few pieces of merchandise scattered about the most unlikely of places. For most otaku, the lingering memory of Urusei Yatsura remains quietly as it is crowded with newer and less substantial stories, but for the serious fan, the main fleeting joys exist in the hunt for that nostalgic similarity separated by 20 years of obscurity. It was on one such hunt that my story begins...

I had taken only three steps from the local comic shop, taking pride in the discovery of a few figures, and videos. They were the last available in the store, and I had spent my remaining balance on them. It was soon becoming apparent that my diet would consist wholly of ramen and cup noodles. The thought of conserving my money for a more nutritional diet crossed my mind before I became direct witness to an explosion, and was forced into the outer brick wall of the comic shop by the weight of another body. It was a reflex to grip hold of the projectile person, but a second reflex, my 'otaku instinct' directed me to hold my recent purchases directly in front to reduce if not prevent their damages. The impact left me unconscious for a short while, but my instinct managed to force my arm elevated in the air for protection of my treasure.

Moments later amidst the clouds of dust, I opened my eyes to see the store owner leaning over me speaking with someone not within my direct line of sight. "He's yours then? All right, take good care of him, I'll call the police and see to that explosion. Take care son, your girlfriend'll nurse you back to health. Ah, and if it possible for you to change the mind of a woman," he whispered into my ear, "get her to wear some clothes." The store manager left me to my delirium, and my stranger. Before I closed my eyes for one more lapse, I heard a fading word:

"Dar-ling?"

----------------------
The ceiling fan of my room greeted my view, in addition to a cold wet cloth cooling my forhead when I once more came to attention. It was lifted off and replaced with a new towel, after which, the hand holding it drifted away from its task to trace my cheek lightly with the top of its forefinger. The sensation was like running ones finger across a silken pillow that possessed an electrical charge causing the skin to tingle and skip along the surface. Although unfamiliar, it was strangely comforting. I wanted to leave my eyes closed and let the hand continue to drift along whatever course it desired, but my curiosity could not see fit to let alone paradise, and live on in ignorant bliss. With regret, my eyes were opened, enabling me to search above for a face, and one that stilled my breath appeared. My figures and tapes were all reduced to meaningless plastic and images by one meeting of our eyes. No longer did any substitution or crutch for dreams need to exist further on, for I saw her...

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 11:24:27 PM by Forgotten_Lum »
--Raz

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
Re: Darling
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 03:27:53 PM »
Someone needs to contine this...

It's a pretty good start ;D
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 05:43:13 PM »
we hav 2 ask Razor,he is da author,after all

Offline Forgotten_Lum

• Casual Otaku
  • UY shall never be forgotten
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:56:13 PM »
i'm betting he no longer logs on the forum
This is Jenga lol :)

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:04:02 PM »
I saw that...
That's why I said SOMEONE had to do it...

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 08:54:27 PM »
ok,lets see if Falling Star can show us the fruits of his work been him da most intellectual lumaholic here

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 12:37:15 AM »
LoL... I didn't even know about this post LoL
The most intellectual?!?!?!?  :& 8)7

Btw, after reading the text it reminded me of those erotic pocket books that they sell in the Airport LoL... but its very well done
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 12:45:32 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
    • The World of Urusei Yatsura's Lum
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 01:22:45 AM »
Please do add to the story Razor started. It just might be the start of something beautiful as this has been done before on this forum way back in 1998 (somewhere around that year).

* Lum-chan preys for a nice new fanfic...
Lum-chan

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 02:53:21 AM »
your prayers will be heard,lum-chan,dont you doubt it

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 02:54:36 AM »
LoL... I didn't even know about this post LoL
The most intellectual?!?!?!?  :& 8)7

Btw, after reading the text it reminded me of those erotic pocket books that they sell in the Airport LoL... but its very well done

Indeed u r da intellectual

do they really sell those things?

my god,what a wordeful planet

nah,just kidding

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 07:39:10 AM »
Yeah, they do, of course I don't buy those  :& :@ But its only text no pictures in it.

Lets see if we can pick up where Razor left... does anyone knows any good love storys??? Boy meets girl...love at first sigth...
That way we can get some ideas for the continuation... probably asking Razor to finish it would be a good idea to LoL or probably his idea was to let us finish it...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Forgotten_Lum

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 03:17:37 PM »
i just read through the story again and i think i may want to continue it, but it might take a while and if Razor would like to continue wouldnt mind, if not give me any ideas anyone or suggestions, should i make it similar to UY, i was thinking more of a Chobits

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 03:58:55 PM »
The problem with Razor finishing the story is that he hasn't been on for months.
My vote goes to one of you guys finishing it. If Razor does come back he can make a different one from yours. We would have 2 or more stories then ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 09:31:50 PM by Kroptik »

Offline Forgotten_Lum

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 04:01:32 PM »
very well, but it might take while and of coarse any ideas would be help, ill try to keep the story updated as i go

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 05:36:44 PM »
what matter is da quality of yer writing,take yer time