Forum > Movies, OAV & TV Series

Which movie would you recommend to someone who is new to the world of Lum?

(1/13) > >>

pwassink:
Hello Folks,

I like this Lum character but haven't seen any of the films
I have only budget for one DVD, so my simple question is: which is the best film?(simple to ask, difficult to answer probably)

Urusei Yatsura: Movie 1 - Only You
Urusei Yatsura: Movie 2 - Beautiful Dreamer
Urusei Yatsura: Movie 3 - Remember My Love
Urusei Yatsura: Movie 4 - Lum The Forever
Urusei Yatsura: Movie 5 - The Final Chapter

[Admin Edit]
I've created a poll for you to have it a bit easier
[/Admin Edit]

[uy]:
in my opinion the movie 2-beautiful dreamer and the movie 5 are the best :D

Sawamaki:
The first and third are the best. The way Only You is drawn slightly annoying, especially the close-ups of some of the characters, but overall I think it's the best UY film. Remember My Love is the best drawn of all of them, and is almost as good as the first one. The last 3 minutes of the film is my all-time favourite moment in movie history.

For my part, I've never understood all the ravings about Beautiful Dreamer. It has few great scenes (especially the ending is great), but as a whole, it's not much of a movie. The basic concept of it has been done a million times since, in all kinds of movies, and much like the fourth movie, it gets too caught up in trying to tell a serious story and as a whole the movie just didn't do anything for me.

The Final Chapter is absolutely amazing, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen most of the series and isn't familiar with all the main characters.

FallinG_StaR:
I chosed Only You because the storie goes way before Ataru and Lum relation and like Sakura we found out that "...in all Universe there is someone whit the same bad taste for manhas Lum..." or something like that :P

kotatsu:
I chose Beautiful Dreamer, because it contains humoristic elements (as first UY episodes) and introspective elements (as later UY eps).
And more, it's a great movie made by a great director.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version