Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:02:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Author Topic: Where's everyone?!  (Read 11872 times)

Offline GlassPrisioner

• Fan
    • AnimeKensei
Where's everyone?!
« on: April 07, 2005, 05:33:10 PM »
Hey guys!!
What hapened to this forum? Looks like there isn't anything to say....
When i first registered this was full of life, now it's very hard to find a new topic...
What about the new members?! Don't they post?! Hey latests members post something here, Im sure you have something to say...
To me it isn't the same thing since Lum is out off air in Portugal... I just loved to see Lum while eating my lunch... I miss her... :'( :'(
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 03:42:56 PM by Lum-chan »
"If there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of Mankind."

Offline Judas

• Fan
    • Tales of the World: The RPG
Re: Where's everyone?!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 06:08:44 PM »
:Shrugs: it's kind of hard to create new topics when there isn't much new about UY...save for the potential DS game, I guess the best thing(s) to do would be to either get some sort of RP going or hang in the GeneralForum until a new topic idea comes...sorry if I seem like a downer but I'm just giving my analysis of the situation
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:43:06 PM by Lum-chan »

My only reason for importing NAMCO X CAPCOM...I have no life

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 04:53:46 AM »
 :Z 8| :r :B :z)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:43:19 PM by Lum-chan »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
    • Storm Resources Forum (your mobile edge)
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 02:58:55 AM »
I'm here. :)
Well, we need ideas, anyone can make flash games? Anything in flash? W\ some inspiration, someone could make new lum stories and games...
Just ideas. ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:43:41 PM by Lum-chan »
Follow your dreams...

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 03:29:55 AM »
I'm here.
Well, we need ideas, anyone can make flash games? Anything in flash? W\ some inspiration, someone could make new lum stories and games...
Just ideas.

:shrugs:  I've thought about writing a UY fic but I REALLY have no idea what to write on, at the moment I'm considering going with this half-baked idea of a Ranma/Tales of Destiny crossover, who knows...maybe I can find some way to incorporate UY elements there have been MUCH wierder crossovers
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:43:31 PM by Lum-chan »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: Where´s everyone?!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 03:10:09 AM »
Why dont we just create a "Bring back Lum" Fundation and collect money to Support the production of new UY Lum Manga and anime???
LOL
Just an idea!!!! :9
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
    • Storm Resources Forum (your mobile edge)
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 06:12:09 PM »
But why we don't search some "pro" in that stuff, or write to the creatorrs of Lum to produce new episodes? For sure they must had produced episodes that never come out to tv
Follow your dreams...

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 10:54:18 AM »
It's quite an impossible task...
Rumiko Takahashi stated clearly that she wouldn't have produced anything more about Urusei Yatsura, that story was definitely closed!
It seems she wasn't very pleased about 4th and 6th movie and so no other video was allowed after that...
...and she doesn't seem to be the kind of person that change her mind easily!!

You can imagine how many UY fans there must be in Japan, and they wasn't able to persuade her in more than 10 years... what do you think we can do they didn't tried 'till now?

The only way to have new stories seems to be through fanfictions, but I never read something able to compare to the manga and anime...

The only interesting stories IMHO were "Just a dream" and "Still Dreaming" by Lewis Burden, but it has been several years ago... :P

...I love summer sun...

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 04:26:11 PM »
It's quite an impossible task...
Rumiko Takahashi stated clearly that she wouldn't have produced anything more about Urusei Yatsura, that story was definitely closed!
It seems she wasn't very pleased about 4th and 6th movie and so no other video was allowed after that...
...and she doesn't seem to be the kind of person that change her mind easily!!

You can imagine how many UY fans there must be in Japan, and they wasn't able to persuade her in more than 10 years... what do you think we can do they didn't tried 'till now?

The same thing happened to Ranma's anime which was a real shame... the series only covered a little over half-way through the manga(I think volume 19 or so damn it's hard to tell the difference between the japanese and US prints anymore...) even though the OVA covered a few 'later' manga stories stuff like the Herb, Kuunon and Saffron stores(that might've made for a good Kanketsuhen movie) never got animated....I think the japanese Ranma fans are just as disappointed as the UY ones because  I heard there was somewhat of a memorial service for when Volume 38 of the manga came out...

You said Takahashi was displeased with movies 4 and 6(somehow...I'm not surprised there, it seemed alot of people didn't like it) what about Kanketsuhen...it just seemed stuck in the middle there and since it was an adaptation of the entire vol 34 of the manga...wouldn't her expectations be really high for it
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 04:29:08 PM by Judas »

Offline GlassPrisioner

• Fan
    • AnimeKensei
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 06:17:56 PM »
Talking about games... I really like to use the RPG Maker to do some crazy games, if i had a site i could put the game available to download... If only i could find sources to the game, like UY characters and stuff like that, i would be able to make a Lum game! Maybe if there's someone interested in doing this game, it would be cool...
I mean, we could make an story, etc...
It's just an ideia.... but it might be cool...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:44:43 PM by Lum-chan »

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 07:28:58 PM »
The hardest part about that would be finding character sprite sheets... otherwise it'd be an intresting project, which version  do you use, RPG Maker 2K, 2K3 or XP(although I'm not sure how avalible it is yet...)

Offline GlassPrisioner

• Fan
    • AnimeKensei
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 05:23:21 PM »
Yes, you're right, it will be very difficult to find some lum characters...
I now use the xp version, the graphics changed a lot from 2k3 to xp... the only thing that i dont like in rpg xp is that you can't insert the face of the character in the mensage...
If only anyone here had experience doing this kind of stuff, it might be able to do some characters... its not easy, but...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:45:35 PM by Lum-chan »

Offline Judas

• Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 05:35:45 PM »
Well i do know someone who can make spirtes(s/he made the Judas avatar I use and is working on a Majin Rengokusatsu sprite too) but it's like I said earlier that it will be hard without sprite sheets...I think most UY games are electronic comisc(I have 2 ISO's but are unable to play them...) hopefully the DS game will be some sort of RPG or action game with sprites to rip....

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 12:46:56 AM »

Well i can think on a few things to make her change her mind!!!! Muahahahahahahahahahaha })

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 01:29:55 AM »
...(I have 2 ISO's but are unable to play them...) ...
Are they "Dear my friends" and "Stay with you"?  :/
...I love summer sun...