Forum > Urusei Yatsura General Discussion

New Urusei Yatsura series in 2022

<< < (3/8) > >>

Stew:
I wonder if it will have more of the continuity and character development that I'm told the Manga did. The 80's TV business insisted on episodic TV so that series were easier to sell in syndication, thus things often "reset" at the end of the episode in many series.

It seems like this series will only cover adaptations of manga stories, not any new storylines. But perhaps this will increase interest in the manga and lead to reprints/translations into more languages? The anime seems to be available in many more countries than the manga.

Urusei0Yatsura:
There's a longer trailer with a release date of October. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50Mvp76Fuc

Jataru:
I would be glad you they put some kind off philosophical episodes on this new series, they did put some of them in the old series.

If they do some episodes kinda like Beautiful Dreamer then I would be glad.

But for that perhaps they would have to call Mamoru Oshii again and if Rumiko Takahashi is there with the production things would probably escalate, probably not.

It still bothers me that the best movie of the series isn't liked by her, but she keeps her mouth shut about that cause she knows the popularity of it. xD

Moroboshi:
Whoa, it has been literally ages from my last access!!
But this new series is the biggest event since the big-bang, I HAD to come back, even for a short time!

A curious thing:
In the past few years I've been ultra-busy trying something I thought nearly impossible: 3 years ago I become a student in a voice-actor school! I don't knew why, simply decided to try, thinking that they would kick my butt in no time...
...and so I reached the PROFESSIONAL CLASS in 2 years!!!
Sadly, at the end of the last class they said that even if I'm quite good, I'm too old to start a career, so I was resigned to quit it there...

...but when I heard of this new series, I started to believe that maybe there was a scheme behind all that!!!

During school, one of the teachers were the old italian voice actress of Ran-chan, and recently I participated to a workshop with one of the italian voice actor of Mendou and next month there will be another one!!

The probabilities are less than zero, but I don't care at all!!! I intend to do all I can and try to become one of the italian voice actor of the new series!!! :D

veehive:
There is ALWAYS a possibility. Don't lose faith.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version