Forum > Recycle Bin

Important announcement will be announced for fans of Rumiko Takahashi

<< < (3/3)

KasugaKyosuke15:
I was kind of hoping for a new OVA or something of the sort. It's been about 10 years since the last one, so another anniversary is coming up, right?

Oldfan:

--- Quote from: KasugaKyosuke15 on August 08, 2017, 08:57:31 PM ---I was kind of hoping for a new OVA or something of the sort. It's been about 10 years since the last one, so another anniversary is coming up, right?

--- End quote ---

Well, in 2018 it'll be 30 years since The Final Chapter was released on Video, and in 2021 it'll be the 40th anniversary of UY as in 1991 it was the 10th. But unless someone(s) can convince Rumiko and company to do something, I don't know if we'll see anything new.

Toshio (Ataru's VA) is 72 and Fumi (Lum's VA) is bordering 62, they're not getting any younger. To boot, Fumi said if she ever can't voice Lum as she has in the past, she won't do it anymore because disappointing her fans would bother her too much. She was at Dallas Animefest 2016 and sang the original opening song for UY - to her credit she sounded very good, but age does take it's toll on vocal cords and Lum has a specific sound to her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version