Forum > Urusei Yatsura News

Discotek licensed Beautiful Dreamer!

(1/2) > >>

kamil88:
Wonderful news, will get it on Blu Ray for sure :) http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-13/discotek-licenses-arcadia-of-my-youth-urusei-yatsura-beautiful-dreamer-films-more-lupin-specials/.105330

Lum-chan:
Oh yes, good news indeed!

Revenge:
Wow! Great news! Hope they release it in blu-ray format. I already have the french special collector edition of Beautiful Dreamer in DVD, but I woudn't mind to buy it again if it comes in blu-ray format. It's strange that Discotek starts the UY movies with movie 2, I think thats an indication that they will not release the others... I remember that whole story of Beautiful Dreamer that was released apart of the other movies nearly in every country because of rights and Toho and stuff... that entire story never sounded positive to me.

I agree that Beautiful Dreamer is the best movie, but the others deserve a new release in blu-ray too, they shouldn't be forgotten, specially Kanketsu-hen that is a fan favorite. It would be nice as well to have that edition in Europe, not that I don't like importing, just thinking that maybe Dybex or MVM (or even Manga UK) intend to do it in a near future.

kamil88:

Blu Ray cover

Urusei0Yatsura:
I just hope they give it new subtitles, the previous release had dubtitles (subtitles that match the English script instead of the Japanese). Because it's discotek it will only be released in North America so I hope they don't region lock it (I live in merry old England). Mamoru Oshii is a fantastic director, he directed the Ghost in the Shell movies and I hear he's made some good live action films as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version