Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:57:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Author Topic: SPOLERS Watching/comment every single Episode/Movie/OVA  (Read 32960 times)

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
Re: SPOLERS Watching/comment every single Episode/Movie/OVA
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »
I have always found this ep. kind of sad, for me it has a melancholic touch... this is one of the reasons uy its my favorite series, it makes you laugh, it makes you think and sometimes its even sad, not a lot of series can do that in my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:48:23 AM by lumlover »

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »
Spisode 54:
- Ten loses his horn, giving Ataru chance for payback, horn is found by Ran who think Lum losed it, and plan for revenge

Ten really is annoying brat, and it was nice to see Ataru pay him back, and Ran, she is so funny, i actually felt sorry for her, when she got spanked as a child because of Lum, she is my favorite character so far.

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2016, 02:57:24 AM »
I think I can understand you, ran its a great character indeed! if it wasnt for lum, she would be my favorite too, or maybe oyuki...

Offtopic: by the way kamil, did you get the job?, I hope you did my friend! may God be with you!

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2016, 06:36:21 PM »
Episode 55:
- In library, Ataru and crew help cute librarian from World of Books to put books in correct order, or else characters from books will leave book, at end librarian girl turned out to be..Wendy from Peter Pan  :o

Funny and interesting episode, i loved how Mendou act innocent when Ataru looked at Bikini Girl book, yet take a look anyway, and when Ataru heard that characters will come alive, he throws everyhting away, to look for Bikini Girl  :) Poor Shinobu, both Ataru and Mendou ditched her away, no wonder she throw bookshelf at them :) Wonder if they had license to use all these characters, Spiderman, Superman, Wendy..and many others
Offtopic: Sadly, i didn't, but..i've got contacted by another company, and wait for answer :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:54:20 PM by kamil88 »

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2016, 07:26:35 AM »
ha!, mendo its just like ataru, the only difference between them, is that he is such a hypocrite! mm I never thought about if you need to get permissions for the cameos, I doubt they have any license, but I honestly have no idea...
Offtopic: oh well, Im sure they will contact you kamil my friend! good vibes for you man!

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2016, 05:37:38 PM »
Episode 56:
- Lum joins Ataru school, along with new teacher, Mr. Hanawa, teacher also become trainer of boys and girls  volleyball team, and ask Ataru to join, they all have to help girls captain, Natsuko, with her boy hate problem.

Funny episode, done in parody of 60's sports anime i watched in childhood, Natsuko even looked like main heroine of Attacker You! I loved her obession with volleyball, to the point of making scary face, and her "People who say "No matter if you win or lose" should be treat like this" and proceed to beat down mannequin :) And when she destroy everything as she run from Mendou she fall in love with.

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2016, 06:54:13 AM »
I didnt knew it was a reference to other anime, in fact I have never heard of it!, even though I enjoyed this ep. a lot.
nice to know  anyway, I will check it out.

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2016, 08:53:38 PM »
Epiosde 57
- Goblin is found at bottom of Mendou swimming pool, and is thrown away, only to move to Ataru house, Ataru mother tell him to throw Goblin away, Ataru crew go to beach to leave Goblin there, in a box, and they find another box left by little boy, with dog inside named Pochy, boxes are switched, and Pochy turns out to be..Cherry :p Ataru and crew say they preferred Goblin :)

Sweet episode, Goblin is really adorable (Althrough, Mendou suspects, he might do it on purpose, to make them feel sorry for having to throw him away :p ) And that ending, i didn't expected that, how  dog could be mistaken for old man? :d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knemz6iNYTI This volleyball themed anime aired in Poland in early 90's and for me Episode 56 seem like parody of such type of anime :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:37:25 PM by kamil88 »

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2016, 09:58:23 AM »
cherry being mistaken for a dog its hilarious! ;D I felt really bad for that poor goblin the first time I saw this ep :'(
Oh, thank you very much kamil I have never heard or saw anything about this anime, looks good, I will check it out, I really prefer old anime, today series leave  a lot to be desired...

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2016, 06:02:45 PM »
Episode 58
- Ran enroll to Ataru and Lum school, to get revenge on Lum

I felt so sorry for poor Ran, her mom kept spank her because of Lum antics, and she was not even allowed to get doll :( I hope she will find happiness :(

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2016, 06:11:24 AM »
Yes, I felt sorry for her too, but lum was just a little child... ,  I think she is overreacting with her revenge on lum anyway.

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2016, 03:08:09 PM »
Episode 59:
- Ten invite Rei to visit Ataru and Lum school, as you can imagine, it won't end very well :)

Very funny episode, from Ataru being able to trick Mendou into year worth portion of beefbowl, to Ran giving Rei lunch box to calm him down ( Cherry mimic her :) ) And that creepy ending with group of black cloacked figures "Young Master, here is food you've ordered" It was nice to see Ran getting at least some atetention from her beloved one (Lum helped her too)

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2016, 08:53:12 AM »
I loved when cherry feeds rei, its one of the very few scenes I consider  one of my favorites that doesnt involve lum ;D, it makes me laugh so hard its ridiculous! I know its not that funny, but I cant help it!

Offline kamil88

• Big Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2016, 06:12:45 PM »
Movie 1 Only You:
- When Ataru was 6, he stepped on shadow of Elle, alien from Planet Elle, with means he have to marry her, 11 years later, she come for him, but Lum won't give up without fight

Both sweet and sad moviie, i had so much fun watching it, it was almost 2 hours, but time passed quickly, since it is movie, animation is wonderful, especially for 1983, i loved all songs, my favorite were "I, I, love you" and "Lum ballad", and felt sorry for Lum, despite being pushy and forceful, she is always faithful and think of Ataru, i felt sorry for Elle too, despite having over 99.999 lovers preserved in ice, she still is sad, and have fond memories of her short time on Earth. Like ssomeone said, movie include almost every character we meet in series so far, if you watch it without knoledge of series, you will miss half of jokes, like why Kurama wants to help Ataru and Lum.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:27:58 PM by kamil88 »

Offline lumlover

• I love you lum!
  • Big Fan
  • a man can dream...
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2016, 08:55:25 AM »
Ah!, only you already? we are moving fast! I really love everything about UY and movies are of course no exception, the movies can be a little  different from the series in a lot of aspects and a lot of fans complain about this, but personally, I love it, every single movie has a beautiful message and a great story to tell, I was going to say this is one of my favorite movies, but I guess all the movie are ::), I found this movie really touching and full of meaning, a master piece in my humble opinion!, but lets be honest, I love lum, I love UY and Im a hopeless romantic, so Im not exactly being objective here... ;)
Im glad you enjoyed it!, and let me tell you Im really enjoying reviving all the series with you!, I have re-watched some of the eps. because of the memories reading you brought back to me, in fact, I really feel like watching only you right now...
please keep sharing your thoughts my friend, even though theres not that much activity in the forum, Im sure die hard fans as myself will enjoy reading you!