Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:29:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 28
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Author Topic: A good or bad schoolgirl?  (Read 11892 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: A good or bad schoolgirl?
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2011, 01:50:27 AM »
Two camels in a tiny car, ifyaknowwhatImean :)

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 05:33:41 AM »
Two camels in a tiny car, ifyaknowwhatImean :)

I don't know what you mean. What does that mean? (I'm being completely serious here btw)

Also, it's fun reading through these few pages of this argument. It's kinda ridiculous and very entertaining xD
I've enjoyed reading the back and forth arguments that went nowhere xP
"There are many worlds, but they share the same sky -- One sky, one destiny."

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 05:52:35 AM »
Hey, I'll have you know that this was one of the first arguments that actually stayed on subject more or less XD

As for what I said, if you are arguing with someone and say "Two camels in a tiny car" they can't top that reply so you win. lmao

I said it cause the argument was pretty much over anyway :D

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »
^ That's stupid. That's going offtopic and clearly running away from the argument so you obviously lose.

Redacted:

So... going through college is easy, huh? You know what? I study every single day. I'm taking Law School, by the way. I'm on the 2nd year but I still have 3 subjects that I need to complete from the 1st year. My grades go from 4 to 12 in a scale of 1 to 20. Of course my grades below 7 are extremely rare but they occur. Even though I study my butt off so I can become a successfull layer, I haven't been able to get high grades (in portuguese's Law Schools, high grades go from 14 to 17. Teachers never give 18, 19 or 20). But guess what? I don't stop. I feel like I'm Ataru and each subject is a pretty girl I chase. I don't let any bad grade affect me. In fact, it only motivates me to prove other people wrong. So do you freaking tell me that college is basic or easy. Maybe in YOUR time and in YOUR degree was easy but right NOW, and where I AM, it's not. 70% of students fail the first 2 subjects of Civil Law. 70% of the students also fail the 2 subjects of Constitutional Law. Guess what? I'm on the 70% in the first case but I'm on the 30% in the second case so don't tell me that I don't study enough. There's lots of problems in where I study that only us who study there know about and that affects students in the most terrible way.

And you still haven't replied to me: what is college knowledge?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2011, 07:31:30 PM »
[Half-offtopic]:

While its nice that you came up with a good argument for the college level thing, what you said was pretty mean considering I was on YOUR side of the argument >.>

Redcated and I were both trying to end the argument, I decided to take the route of humour so we can laugh at the end. Now the end has never been so far away >.>

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 03:39:09 AM »
^ That's stupid. That's going offtopic and clearly running away from the argument so you obviously lose.

Redacted:

So... going through college is easy, huh? You know what? I study every single day. I'm taking Law School, by the way. I'm on the 2nd year but I still have 3 subjects that I need to complete from the 1st year. My grades go from 4 to 12 in a scale of 1 to 20. Of course my grades below 7 are extremely rare but they occur. Even though I study my butt off so I can become a successfull layer, I haven't been able to get high grades (in portuguese's Law Schools, high grades go from 14 to 17. Teachers never give 18, 19 or 20). But guess what? I don't stop. I feel like I'm Ataru and each subject is a pretty girl I chase. I don't let any bad grade affect me. In fact, it only motivates me to prove other people wrong. So do you freaking tell me that college is basic or easy. Maybe in YOUR time and in YOUR degree was easy but right NOW, and where I AM, it's not. 70% of students fail the first 2 subjects of Civil Law. 70% of the students also fail the 2 subjects of Constitutional Law. Guess what? I'm on the 70% in the first case but I'm on the 30% in the second case so don't tell me that I don't study enough. There's lots of problems in where I study that only us who study there know about and that affects students in the most terrible way.

And you still haven't replied to me: what is college knowledge?

Cata you are a very sensitive person who seems to overreact a lot. I don't know how you'll become an lawyer if you keep doing that.
My wife went to college Ace'd it. I went to college and I did ok, My sister has a PhD. Sure it depends on the courses you take but I took business management and then went back years later and got a degree in Computer Science. Yes it's hard work but moreso when you are going through it.
Also I cannot speak about what college is like in your country as I have no experience there. In my wife's country it's difficult and made harder by the fact that many teachers want a bribe. My wife couldn't afford to bribe anyone, and she still ace'd her IT degree.
I do know a couple of guys who too law and I know from the at least in the US that it's a very tough course. But there are plenty of easy degrees depending on who you are. My sister is a whiz at math, she was doing Calc 4 and Physics in High school. Math is so easy for her it's like she doesn't have to study. I have to work my ass off to do well in Math.

As far as secret problems studying, ok what can anyone say to that? It's a secret so only you know how tough it is.

Keep at it and it'll work out eventually. The guy I knew said his biggest issue was what type of law he wanted to specialize in. He really agonized over it.
Why keep a dog and bark yourself?

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »
I'm sorry if I offended you, Neo. If you're sick of an argument, you can simply "shut up".

Redacted: so... I'm sensitive and I overreact and therefore I can't be a good lawyer. It's funny because you base that on arguments and what lawyers do is argue with eachother in order to get the best situation for their clients. I didn't cuss, insult you or ran from the questions. I didn't come up with stupid theories to prove my point. I'm not saying you did, I'm saying I don't think I overreacted. If by overreacting you mean arguing and arguing and arguing, well I like arguing. It's one of the best ways to know someone and to get some knowledge about things. It also prepares me for when I go to court and argue with other lawyers and such.

Oh and one more thing: about becoming a lawyer... we'll see about that, "darling".

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2011, 02:38:19 PM »
I'm sorry if I offended you, Neo. If you're sick of an argument, you can simply "shut up".

Redacted: so... I'm sensitive and I overreact and therefore I can't be a good lawyer. It's funny because you base that on arguments and what lawyers do is argue with eachother in order to get the best situation for their clients. I didn't cuss, insult you or ran from the questions. I didn't come up with stupid theories to prove my point. I'm not saying you did, I'm saying I don't think I overreacted. If by overreacting you mean arguing and arguing and arguing, well I like arguing. It's one of the best ways to know someone and to get some knowledge about things. It also prepares me for when I go to court and argue with other lawyers and such.

Oh and one more thing: about becoming a lawyer... we'll see about that, "darling".

Lawyers argue facts because they are in a court of law. This is an Anime forum, not a court of law. If yoou reread my words I did not accuse you of anything except being oversensitive and said you "seem" to overreact a lot.
Yet you tell UruseiNeo to shut up if he doesn't like to argue. In 2 more years or so when/if you graduate from law school it will be interesting to see if you still have the same attitude.
Women, in general, tend to overcompensate in order to prove themselves.

Yoour last statement  "Oh and one more thing: about becoming a lawyer... we'll see about that, "darling"." is baffling. Where did I say you can't become a lawyer? You aluded to problems studying that is a secret to everyone except the people studying. Not much anyone can say about that.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 11:05:08 AM »
LoL? What's the point of saying something when you have nothing to say? Of course Neo has the right to speak/write whenever he wants and however he wants. All I said was express my opinion on "spamming" discussions. What's the point of saying "pokemon" when everyone's talking about food? It doesn't make any sense and it's just stupid. This is my opinion and if you get offended by it, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Also, this is a Forum. And what's a Forum? It's an online place where people get together and discuss topics that they create. If you want to stop sharing your thoughts, you're free to do so. But I'm not satisfied because no one proved me wrong and therefore I'll keep on discussing until there's no one left arguing with me in a logic way (in other words, not trolling or saying insane remarks).

I couldn't care less about what people think of me. None of my family members support me whether it's my sexual orientation, my hobbies or my professional path and I still do what I like to do and I'm not going to change myself for no one but me. So... deal with it. =/

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
OMG Cata, let it go >.<

I was NOT spamming NOR was I going offtopic because I was essentially saying "argument over, let's move on" using a phrase I learned from online that ACTUALLY MEANS THAT, which I found humorous therefore thought it would be a fun way to end it so every has a smile on there faces.  Is it my fault you didn't get it? NO!  Someone asked what it meant and I told them, it was THAT easy.

If you're sick of an argument, you can simply "shut up".

Okay........

Shut up

Because now this HAS gone offtopic.  I wish I was a moderator so I could close this >.<

Redacted, I suggest you just stop posting.  You would not be admitting defeat in anyway and it would stop this from escalating further.  Unless of course you actually are enjoying this argument, in which case go ahead, I can't stop you.

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »
Redacted, I suggest you just stop posting.  You would not be admitting defeat in anyway and it would stop this from escalating further.  Unless of course you actually are enjoying this argument, in which case go ahead, I can't stop you.

I believe it was George Bernard Shaw who said "Never wrestle with a pig, you just get dirty and the pig enjoys it."

I have found that quote to be very helpful in Internet arguements.  ;)

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
I'll ask Lum-chan to remove me from the Mods' list. Maybe one of you can fill in for me.

Also, this Forum lost me as a member because lately this isn't what it used to be anymore and it changed for the worse. It isn't about Lum or UY anymore. UY is a closed chapter in my life. I don't think I'll ever rewatch the series again. I still love it but I have other Anime priorities now. UY is still a favourite and I highly doubt that it will lose its place. I'm happy with the 6(?) years I spent here and each one of them flew real fast. I'm glad I "met" you guys and keep posting.

Offline theclaw

• The protector.
  • Fan
  • Weird and weird.
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »
Don't take it that way. It's a normal drawback of liking classics with little new material made. Just something us UY fans have grown to accept. No different than countless other series there.

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
I stopped watching UY for many years, but now am back into it because my wife likes it. I have watched a ton of anime over my lifetime and that doesn't make the ones I really liked any less important to me. Sadly a lot of the newer anime doesn't really appeal to me as it's too mainstream. English voices butcher them so bad they are unwatchable.
If you move on you can always come back, no shame in that.  :)

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »
I am locking this topic since it has brought more losses than real arguments and it is indeed a shame to have lost such a valuable moderator like Cata over a silly discussion

Say good night to this topic, Lumaholics