Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:10:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Author Topic: What anime are you watching at the moment?  (Read 43345 times)

Offline atarumorobohi31

• DRAGON KING!
  • Fan
Re: What anime are you watching at the moment?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 02:17:33 AM »
i think i'll watch UY too over the summer too. was going to do it last summer but i found out about UY in the last month of summer.:(
  Fire Dragon Iron Fist!!

Offline RepublicEmpire

• Casual Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 03:45:49 PM »
I am watching Sgt. Frog, Transformers (80s), and other 80s western anime.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 04:13:22 AM »
Re-watching Hyouka, this time in glorious 720p thanks to (insert fanfare) my new computer. ;D
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline Lum

• Registered
  • Hi!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »
Re-watching Ranma.

Offline Takaholic

• Chibi
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2013, 07:56:39 AM »
The show I've enjoyed the most out of the last season's crop has to be Maoyū Maō Yūsha aka Maoyu.

Here's the link for the ANN writeup on the series.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14425

The story takes place in a very realistic fantasy world where politics, economics and personal motivations are all equal forces in the progression of the the story.

The main story concerns the relationship between a headstrong hero who abandons his comrades to pursue the source of the Human/Demon War that has been raging on and off for many years.  When he gets to the Demon King's Castle, he's in for quite a surprise, encountering his arch-enemy alone, as was part of the Demon King's plan.
Rejecting the Demon King's initial offers to settle the war, the Hero comes to an agreement with the Demon King which he believes will lead to a permanent end to the war. 

Other members of the show's ensamble from both sides make the story even more enjoyable, as Royalty, Mechants, Paladins, Maids and Serfs all add to the story's flavoring. Storyline events and discussion of ideas make this something to truly think a bit more deeply about than your typical fluff and fight pieces that seem to be such a large part of modern day anime.

I haven't watched the last two episodes of the show, saving them for viewing this weekend with a fellow anime fan who's been enjoying it as well for the last few months.

The show is available for free on Crunchyroll, I recommend you watch the first episode and see if it doesn't remind you (in certain ways) of another show we all know and love. (grin)

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »
Currently I've finally gotten round to watching Wolf's Rain. When I can, my TV is in my parents lounge and they don't let me watch anime very often. I have to research graphic novels but I'm not sure what to get, long time since I've read manga before.
She/her

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »
Watching WATAMOTE. The main character (Tomoko Kuroki) is like the dark doppelganger to Lucky*Star's Konata Izumi. The show is right on the border of too-depressing-to-watch, but keeps its sense of humor.

Started watching FREE! (I'm a Kyoto Animation fan), but I've dropped it. It just does not hold my interest. Sorry, KyoAni.

Tried RozenMaiden. Disliked 1st episode. Won't watch any further.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2013, 03:48:50 AM »
WataMote (Watashi ga Motenai no wa dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!) continues to impress. May be the best 2013 has to offer. Most recent episode (episode 6) includes ...
Spoiler (hover to show)
. My highest recommendation.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 07:20:16 AM »
Just realised that I haven't finished watching any anime series since winter season 2012. I kind of lose focus on the series, then I'm too lazy to go back and continue where I stopped.

I'm currently just watching TWGOK2 - The World God Only Knows II. Just for fun.
Tried to watch Rosen Maiden... but then realized this was part of a series... and it was also a bit depressing. xD

I watched several 1st episodes... but most, if not all, didn't caught my attention, even second seasons of shows I already watched. (except TWGOK2).
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 04:36:42 PM »
I'm watching Cowboy Bebop remastered on blu ray, I've finished the part 1 box on the episode Jupiter Jazz, saving up for part 2 as I don't have as much money to spend on anime now that I have a car.

I didn't like the first episode of Free!, the story sounded boring, not into sports anime and the ecchi was bad. The humour is terrible, a joke was that someone wore their swimming trunks all the time and how someone's exaggerated reaction to it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:41:08 PM by Urusei0Yatsura »
She/her

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013, 05:02:52 PM »
Not much, sadly: Little Busters Refrain and Kyoukai no Kanata.

Almost DIDN'T start watching LBR (I was disappointed by the preceding season) but I'm happy to see that LB is finally living up to its promise.

KnK is Kyoto Animation which means beautiful character designs and better-than-average animation, but I fear KnK (like Free! which preceded it out of KyoAni) is marred by its weak story. Kyoto Animation is trying to develop story in-house (instead of licensing an already-established title) and is struggling with this new challenge. IMHO.

I'm much happier re-watching older series. Hyouka tops my list. Episode 21 (the Valentine's Day ep') is a particular favorite. AngelBeats! episode 3 gets a lot of replay (the music KICKS ASS. GlDeMo is My Favorite Band. Period.). I'll pull out a DVD of LuckyStar or UsagiDrop on occasion, too.

I also re-watch the BluRay's of the various VOCALOID concerts a lot. The 2010 show has my vote for Best Band Performance but the projection&animation were weak. The 2011 Sapporo concert (NOT the 2011 Tokyo show) is 2nd-best band, but the animation & projection gets it right. The 2012 March9th Tokyo show ranks 3rd: STUNNING animation and models, but the band is not as sharp as they were in 2010. Don't like Mikunopolis (the 2011 Los Angeles show) at all: the band was weak and a really really AWFUL mix, the animation was just re-hashed from 2010, and sets (which I would not believed would make a difference to me) were non-existent. A little stage-dressing would help fill that big big empty stage.

Looking forward to: (blushes) the SuperSonico animated series, coming next season. And, I have tickets to the Cleveland, Ohio showings of the Madoka movies: the first 2 show December 1st, the new one shows the Sunday after that.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 07:30:40 PM »
Does anyone by any chance know of any good cyberpunk with a good english dub (even better if its in print on DVD in the UK)? The only ones I know of are Mardock Scramble and Ghost in the Shell.
She/her

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2014, 04:17:12 AM »
Winter 2014: very little. Only watching SoniAni (SuperSonico - TheAnimation). Started watching it just to see how they handled it (how far they might take the Fan Service). Happy to say: not far.

Most of what I'm watching is MikuMikuDance videos of various sorts. MMD is the freeware animation software that was coded up by a Vocaloid fan to help other Vocaloid fans make animated music videos. Those fans (and others) have taken it WAAAAAAY BEYOND mere music videos. I'm happily stunned at what I see. A good example: "War Zone Idol Haruka-san" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPdprFgI9H8).
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2014, 04:56:47 AM »
I'm currently on Gundam Build Fighters and DAMMMM. Show is shaping up to be one of my all timers. However its like ep 19? or 20 and its post to end at 25... D:

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2014, 10:36:17 PM »
Well I've got the second half of Cowboy Bebop but haven't unwrapped it yet, I'm watching Doctor Who: Spearhead from Space right now with Jon Pertwee as the Doctor and it's amazing! Also I've seen the first two episodes of Kill La Kill three times at the two anime clubs I go to and I really don't like it.
She/her