Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:32:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Author Topic: Dating tips in general?  (Read 8097 times)

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
Dating tips in general?
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:51:56 AM »
Has anyone got any dating tips? I have no idea how to ask a girl out, date or develop a relationship, this is partly because I've been too scared to try and because I have asperger's syndrome.
She/her

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Re: Dating tips in general?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »
Go up to a girl you know (but not very well) and ask: hey, wanna go out someday?

I don't know, I like to be blunt x'D

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:34:52 AM »
Go up to a girl you know (but not very well) and ask: hey, wanna go out someday?

Girl: Yes, I would love to. We can go out in the day pigs fly. Ok?

Read my signature... the second quote. Just go for it. Don't let the anything stop you.
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:57:28 AM »
I know it's scary, and I know rejection hurts like Hell, but all you can do is ask. All she can do is say, "no" (and we're back to hurting like Hell), but you'll live to see another day. Really really.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:18:41 AM »
As every1 else is saying all u can pretty much do is walk up to the girl and ask her if she is interested in going out.

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:59:39 AM »
Read this Quote then read it again. ;)

"Listen kid, love is the only chance for happiness you'll ever get in this life, and if
you're going to let a little thing like rejection stand in your way, baby, you might
as well stay right there on the ground, because people are going to be walking
all over you for the rest of your life."
-The Big Dog from 2 Stupid Dogs

Just remember that 99% of all relationships fail, so your first GF isn't likely to be your last.
So it's good to get some practice asking.  :P
Why keep a dog and bark yourself?

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »
Is anyone going to die because they get rejected? Those who say "no" when we ask them out, aren't worth it so just risk them off "the list" and decide who to try next. I don't mean this in the Moroboshi style because no one would want to date you. x'D

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 07:01:38 PM »
Lemme tell you something, Urusei0Yatsura, fear is some of the worst enemies you can have while asking a girl out, do not let fear guide your actions

I shall confide you a secret of mine, amigo, there was a time on 2008 when I had a crush on a girl but because I was so shy I wasn't speaking to her then on December I think I realized that I would lose nothing to simply go to her and give her a rose; I went to her and even when I stuttered I gave her a beautiful rose and talked with her; It was a splendid day and I don't regret nothing (Heck, I would later confess my love to her and we became special friends) because I had beaten Phobos, God of Fear

Now, results may vary but that be not a reason to mess this chance on love (pun intended) that would surely rock your planet (another pun intended)

Go for it, Urusei0Yatsura!

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Nice Samurai Quotation, Sensei

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
Some really inspirational stuff coming out of this thread. So know I know how to ask a girl out, where do I meet women?
She/her

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
That's hard because I never saw women out of their houses. O.O

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 01:02:14 AM »
Wow... cata and sarcasm... deadly combination. ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 01:41:46 AM »
Some really inspirational stuff coming out of this thread. So know I know how to ask a girl out, where do I meet women?

Well whatever you do, don't do anything Ataru Moroboshi does!   ;D

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »
^ Unless you look like Mendou and have a similar bank account.

Offline AtaruLum

• Huge Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
and a private army :DDD
(formerly known as AtaruLumFan or short ALF :D)
UY Voting in Germany:
Please vote for Urusei Yatsura in Germany weekly!

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 07:34:13 PM »
Yeah Mendou gets his bmen to harrass women for him!

Moderator Comment  

mind your language

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:55:16 AM by cata »
She/her

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 04:01:00 AM »
Well, I've been in Japan for only 4 or 5 days and there's already a girl I like. x.x
She's just awesome and if everything works out, I will have a date on Wednesday. We've made plans for Wednesday and I think it'll just be the 2 of us, though I'm not 100% sure. But either way it'll be awesome and I'll be nervous as heck. I don't even know if she has a boyfriend or not (though on facebook it doesn't say she has one). So any dating tips could be helpful xP
"There are many worlds, but they share the same sky -- One sky, one destiny."

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 04:38:37 AM »
Well, I've been in Japan for only 4 or 5 days and there's already a girl I like. x.x
She's just awesome and if everything works out, I will have a date on Wednesday. We've made plans for Wednesday and I think it'll just be the 2 of us, though I'm not 100% sure. But either way it'll be awesome and I'll be nervous as heck. I don't even know if she has a boyfriend or not (though on facebook it doesn't say she has one). So any dating tips could be helpful xP

Just relax and be yourself. After all you want her to like you for who you really are, not who you pretend to be.
Most important, have fun!  :)

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 11:55:20 AM »
Well... relax. That's the hardest thing to do but also the best. ;)

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 04:46:23 AM »
For going to Japan that sounds like a present. And hopefully when you go back home you two stay in touch. About the boyfriend thing I wouldnt let it bother me. She would tell you if she did.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »
[THE DEVIL]Hmmm. Is she Japanese? Man, I'd be a little wary of a Japanese girl who's that ... aggressive ..., shall we say? Mm hmm. Just a word of advice from an Old Friend ;D [/THE DEVIL]

:o >:D :hehe
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 01:10:22 AM »
[THE DEVIL]Hmmm. Is she Japanese? Man, I'd be a little wary of a Japanese girl who's that ... aggressive ..., shall we say? Mm hmm. Just a word of advice from an Old Friend ;D [/THE DEVIL]

:o >:D :hehe

Actually Japanese girls are not always shy. My friend is married to a Japanese girl, he's from Austria. His wife is not shy but neither is she flirty.
Most girls if they have a genuine interest in you have little trouble showing it, unless they are shy.

My wife is Asian and she was a little bit shy when I met her but she also had an interest in me.

It's the girls who are jealous, that you have to be careful of. If they are really jealous he should put on his track shoes and run away as fast as he can.

I think he'll be ok tho.  ;)

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »
Thanks for the awesome advice everyone~! I really appreciate it xD
However, it seems that tomorrow will unfortunately not be a date =(
She asked if it was ok if Asuka and Andre came too (Andre is the foreigner she's in charge of as part of the buddy program at school and Asuka is one of her best friends. I went to karaoke with Asuka before and she's pretty awesome). I of course had to say yes, but after meeting with Miho a couple more times I'll work up the courage to ask her on a real date. Today I realized I'm really bad at holding a conversation though so I really need to work on that (and no it isn't because of the language. It's because I run out of things to say >.<). A friend gave me a bit of advice for that so I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes. Will keep you guys updated to let you know what happens when I actually ask Miho out.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 11:49:25 PM »
not to get ur hopes up, but is it possible that this may be a double date?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 12:07:59 AM »
No, that wouldn't be the case. I know both of the other people that will be coming. One of them is from Slovakia and annoys the heck outta me and the other one is named Asuka and she's a close friend of Miho. But it's looking like I may not even be able to do that. Fate is really not on my side today. I ended up getting a really bad sore throat over the course of 5 hours. O.O
I didn't even know it was possible for my throat to get sore that fast, but I'm thinking it might be strept throat so I'll have to go to a doctor today. >.<
God hates me it seems.

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 01:28:14 AM »
It's unwise to put all your hope in one girl. She might work out and she might not but you need to keep your eyes and options open. I'm not suggesting you chase every skirt that walks down the street but Japan has lots of pretty girls. Find a buddy and hang out and go to places where they like to go, like the Mall or something.
I met so many pretty girls working at the Mall when I was in Asia it wasn't funny. Lots of girls gave me their cell #'s. I didn't have any problems getting a date. After I was married I still had girls giving me their #'s and asking me to call them and many would text me, sometimes too much....

You are in the land of butterflies, relax and plenty will land on you.  ;)

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »
Haha thanks for the advice. Today ended up being quite awesome after all even though it had a bad start. I ended up going up a class in Japanese and I had a great time with Miho and other people. And trust me, I'm not putting all of my effort into one girl. I just haven't found any other Japanese girls that interest me yet. Later I'll go to dinner with Miho and I'll ask her to a movie on Saturday most likely. Wish me luck! xD

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 12:07:24 PM »
Good Luck and I hope you enjoy being a kid in a candy store.  ;)

I'm sure if you are there long enough you'll find plenty of girls who will interest you.

It never hurts to have 2-3 girls as a backup. My brother in law had seven girlfriends at one point that he was dating.
Just don't let them catch you.  ;D

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
Haha, I'd feel bad if I juggled around girls. I'm all for keeping back-ups though xP
Anyways, today ended up being a lot of fun. Sure I was sick, but I ended up wearing one of those awesome white masks all day because of it xP
I also got to hang out with some awesome people and it was a lot of fun. Sure it wasn't a date, but it was still a lot of fun. I'm gonna try and ask Miho to a movie at some point (was gonna ask her for Saturday but she has a test on Sunday so she has to study for that). It'll be awesome if this works out though.
Based on past experience it probably won't work out cause I seriously think I'm cursed. My whole life every single girl I've liked hasn't liked me and every girl I get close with ends up liking me and I don't like them. because of that, I'm in my 20s and have never been in a serious relationship. I've never even really had a first kiss >.<
So basically I've stopped getting my hopes up, but I'm sure someday I'll find somebody. Every time it doesn't work out it's painful, but I'm so used to it by now that it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I just gotta keep a positive attitude and keep going strong xP
One plus for the day though was that I was able to hold a conversation for around 20 minutes! (That's gotta be a record for me! Usually I run out of things to say after about 5 minutes)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 05:30:51 PM »
Dude, you're like me only walking around in Japan >.<

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 06:13:25 PM »
Honestly you are probably trying too hard. Girls know when you are trying to hard and they don't like it.
You also don't want to marry the first girl you date either. The expression goes something like "Don't
fal in love with the first T:T you suck on."
You'd be surprised how many guys do.
I know too many girls that were dating other guys when I was dating them.
Anyway don't plan too much ahead, just have fun and everything will fall into place.
I had my first kiss when I was 13 or 14. That was a LONG time ago.
Although I was married when I was 21 and I do not reccomend that for anyone. You need to be
more mature than I was at that age to be married.
I hope you have fun and don't be afraid to ask girls out.
Also if you go to the comic conventions where the sell doujinshi there will be a lot of Otaku girls there.
Just a thought.  ;)

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 11:10:53 PM »
Thanks for the advice. However, how do you know what trying to hard is? All I've ever done is work up the courage to ask someone out and then get rejected. If trying to ask someone out is trying too hard then what isn't?

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 01:56:01 AM »
Well if you are trying too hard then you will be too focused on dating a particular girl or too focused on
dating someone, anyone.
Girls are real good at spotting this. If you aren't doing this then you'll be fine.

Ataru tried too hard to get dates so even tho he asked a lot of girls they all rejected him.

Hey, I did the same thing myself far too many times.  ;)