Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:32:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Author Topic: Otaku dating?  (Read 10345 times)

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
Otaku dating?
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:11:26 PM »
Does anyone know any sites for dating otakus? I want a girlfriend that likes anime/manga but I can't find any near me on otaku crush or maiotaku or gk2gk.
She/her

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
Re: Otaku dating?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »
Does anyone know any sites for dating otakus? I want a girlfriend that likes anime/manga but I can't find any near me on otaku crush or maiotaku or gk2gk.

Why do you need a dating site? My wife was into Anime when I met her, but she's never been to an Anime or Sci-Fi convention in her life.
She wants to go but it's tough to find the time and Boston Mass is the nearest to us.
None of my wifes friends are into Anime or cartoons at all. We both watch a lot of Sci-Fi.
Dating sites are a waste of time unless you are under 25 years old, over 6 foot tall and really good looking.
If you are older, you need those things plus a fat wallet.  ::)
Why keep a dog and bark yourself?

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »
Yeah, I have to agree with REDACTED about this. A girl could like anime and you never know because you'd rather check the internet. Plus, those exist? I didn't know there were OTAKU dating sites lol

Offline AtaruLum

• Huge Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »
I know only www.hey-ai.com, but that is only for NON-Asian Womens and ASIAN Mens.

And http://www.otaku-flirt.com , an international site.

Myself i never used those dating sites and currently i wouldn't have a girlfriend yet, after I have so many bad experiences with women in the last year.
(formerly known as AtaruLumFan or short ALF :D)
UY Voting in Germany:
Please vote for Urusei Yatsura in Germany weekly!

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 01:31:37 AM »
Never heard of Otaku dating sites :X However u dont need a site to find a gf who likes a anime xP I have a friend who meet his current gf in a club and when he said the catch phase for ryo saeba she recognized it instantly. And turns out she was a HUGE anime fan ^^

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 10:23:03 AM »
^ I have to try that one day (saying an Anime catchphrase).

How to meet otaku girls? How about you talk to people and once you know them a little bit, share your anime interests with them? I got called childish tons of times because of my Anime/videogames interest but guess what? I love my hobbies to death and if they don't like what I do, then don't do it. xD

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 03:02:15 PM »
I tried a site but none of the results were anywhere near me >.<

if u find a good way to meet otaku girls, let me know :D

No one could use a gf more than me -_-'''

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 04:14:13 PM »
I tried a site but none of the results were anywhere near me >.<

if u find a good way to meet otaku girls, let me know :D

No one could use a gf more than me -_-'''

Sorry guy but that's the wrong way to look at it.
A friend once told me "If you want to catch butterflies it's very difficult, the more you chase them the more they evade you." "So, just sit down and relax and the butterflies will come to you."

Stop looking, and go out and do the things that you like to do. Have fun and enjoy your life, eventually you will meet someone, and since you are doing what you enjoy chances are they will be similar because you met them doing things you like.

Also people change over time, they learn and grow as an individual. So don't make your present hobby mandatory for someone else. As long as they are ok with you doing it, they don't need to be into it themselves.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 06:01:07 PM »
"sit down and relax and the butterflies will come to you"

THAT'S WHAT I DO T_T

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »
Again I have to agree with REDACTED. (That saying about the butterfly, awesome :D) but yeah, I use to be like that where I always tried internet. But theres still a life for you to enjoy at the same time. And you know what? Sometimes you might need working on yourself before you date. If I stepped on anyone's toes when I say this, I'm sorry, but I've been through it to say it.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 03:08:32 AM »
"If you want to catch butterflies it's very difficult, the more you chase them the more they evade you." "So, just sit down and relax and the butterflies will come to you."

This... sounds like something Buda would say... but putting the word girls instead of butterflies and that sounds something a predator/rapist would say.  ;D

I'm bored of love. Fills your hearth with uneasiness that its almost painful, makes it hard to sleep when thinking about her and ruins good friendships when things don't go as well as we plan.

Want to find otaku girlfriend go to a anime convention and take a shirt that says "I'm looking for a date/girlfriend" it might work.
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 04:48:37 AM »
"If you want to catch butterflies it's very difficult, the more you chase them the more they evade you." "So, just sit down and relax and the butterflies will come to you."

This... sounds like something Buda would say... but putting the word girls instead of butterflies and that sounds something a predator/rapist would say.  ;D

I'm bored of love. Fills your hearth with uneasiness that its almost painful, makes it hard to sleep when thinking about her and ruins good friendships when things don't go as well as we plan.

Want to find otaku girlfriend go to a anime convention and take a shirt that says "I'm looking for a date/girlfriend" it might work.

The guy who told me that was the brother of the Governor of the city I was living in when I was living in the Philippines. I had lots of girls I was dating but no one special or serious. It's an old Filipino saying. Rapists I would think woudl tend to go out and force themselves so quite the opposite of what I am saying.

You aren't bored of Love because Love is never boring, but relationships that aren't love can get mighty tedious over time. I've had enough of those.

Here is a quote that I truely believe. It's from the Japanese Dorama "Long Vacation" (not anime) and I belive it to be true and have never seen otherwise.

"I don't believe in a Male-Female Friendship. Male-Female friendships are either
bad timing or a never ending one sided love affair."
- Momoko (Long Vacation)

For those who feel like giving up here is another favorite quote of mine.

"Listen kid, love is the only chance for happiness you'll ever get in this life, and if
you're going to let a little thing like rejection stand in your way, baby, you might
as well stay right there on the ground, because people are going to be walking
all over you for the rest of your life."
-The Big Dog from 2 Stupid Dogs

I guess to impress and Otaku girl you might need to be very OTT.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
Humm... Guess you never heard this song.

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Love Hurts Lyrics
Artist:Nazareth

Love hurts, love scars,
love wounds, and mars,
any heart, not tough,
or strong, enough
to take a lot of pain,
take a lot of pain
love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

I'm young, I know,
but even so
I know a thing, or two
I learned, from you
I really learned a lot,
really learned a lot
love is like a flame
it burns you when it's hot
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Some fools think of happiness
blissfulness, togetherness
some fools fool themselves I guess
they're not foolin' me

I know it isn't true,
I know it isn't true
love is just a lie,
made to make you blue
love hurts, ooh,ooh love hurts
ooh,ooh love hurts

I know it isn't true,
I know it isn't true
love is just a lie,
made to make you blue
love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts
ooh ooh love hurts
ooh ooh...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
Men and women can't be friends? In your case that may happen because you're always looking for a booty call from any girl you meet.

When it comes to dating, I only have 2 things I "demand" from any possible date: sense of humor and kindness. I don't mind dating an Otaku and I don't mind dating someone who's not into Anime.

Love hurts. But the best things in life are ALWAYS hard to get and in love, they either like you or they don't. So what if they don't? Someone else will. You just haven't met her/him yet. Plus, love may hurt you tons of times and pretty badly but once love strikes two people for eachother, there's nothing better than that.

In conclusion, it's worth to fall in love, whatever the result may be but it's not worth it at all to keep chasing someone who will never look at you twice.

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »
Men and women can't be friends? In your case that may happen because you're always looking for a booty call from any girl you meet.

When it comes to dating, I only have 2 things I "demand" from any possible date: sense of humor and kindness. I don't mind dating an Otaku and I don't mind dating someone who's not into Anime.

Love hurts. But the best things in life are ALWAYS hard to get and in love, they either like you or they don't. So what if they don't? Someone else will. You just haven't met her/him yet. Plus, love may hurt you tons of times and pretty badly but once love strikes two people for eachother, there's nothing better than that.

In conclusion, it's worth to fall in love, whatever the result may be but it's not worth it at all to keep chasing someone who will never look at you twice.

No, men and women cannot ever really be friends. It's pretty complicated to explain.
This "When Harry Met Sally" quote sort of explains it. I know that in todays Politically Correct world people believe men and women can be real friends but in reality it's not true.
If you have a chance to watch the Japanese dorama "Long Vacation" it might help explain it. My wife thought men and women could be friends also but she has learned that it's not real friendship.

Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally Albright: Why not?
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
 Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
 Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: How do you know?
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
 Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
 Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
 Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry Burns: I guess not.
Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 01:14:23 AM »
Just to make one thing clear, I like falling in love what I'm bored of its the emotional effects that comes with it.

Example:
You meet a girl you talk to her and YOU fall in love. Go home always thinking about her. (Keeping you awake) Every time you see her your hearth skips a beat. (In my case its troublesome as I have a weak heart) You get close to her (become good friends) then you find out she has someone already in her life (or married). You feel so bad that its hard for you to continue seeing her because of what you used to feel for her and now you feel bad for it.

That's why I'm bored of love... its a gamble... and I'm now always expecting it to end the same way as the example above, and that way making it boring.

Ok?

Male and female friendships are the best I have a lot of girl friends and there's no problem. And I'm not trying to have sex with them... well not with all of them at least... ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:17:13 AM by FallinG_StaR »

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 03:02:01 AM »
Just to make one thing clear, I like falling in love what I'm bored of its the emotional effects that comes with it.

Example:
You meet a girl you talk to her and YOU fall in love. Go home always thinking about her. (Keeping you awake) Every time you see her your hearth skips a beat. (In my case its troublesome as I have a weak heart) You get close to her (become good friends) then you find out she has someone already in her life (or married). You feel so bad that its hard for you to continue seeing her because of what you used to feel for her and now you feel bad for it.

That's why I'm bored of love... its a gamble... and I'm now always expecting it to end the same way as the example above, and that way making it boring.

Ok?

Male and female friendships are the best I have a lot of girl friends and there's no problem. And I'm not trying to have sex with them... well not with all of them at least... ;D

I wouldn't consider that falling in Love, it's one sided. But I do understand your meaning.
I have lots of friends but none of them are women. There are women I am friendly with but not like real friends.
But if you do that's ok.   ;)

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
Ok, REDACTED, let's have this discussion. What about gay men? Gay men don't want to have sex with women because they obviously don't feel atracted towards women. Since the sex part is out of the way, can gay men and women be friends? What are you going to say? Can men be friends with women or gay men aren't real men?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 02:20:19 PM »
In response to Falling, I'm actually fine if find out she already had someone.  Because I don't get too attached without knowing this, it's easy for me to give up after finding out. 

It's a disappointment, sure, but for me it goes away in a good night sleep.  Finding out whether she is taken is a problem cause the easiest way is also the most embarrassing way >.< which WOULD likely lead to some awkwardness.

------------------------------------------------------

To add to cata's comment, REDACTED, what about Gay men friends with Lesbians? Then the sex issue is 100% out of the way, both sides (just in case u bring up the argument of women subconsciously wanting sex which would be dodging the question)

Also, I am disappointed that you didn't exclude incest from your theory and that's gross so you fail there. XD

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
Ok, REDACTED, let's have this discussion. What about gay men? Gay men don't want to have sex with women because they obviously don't feel atracted towards women. Since the sex part is out of the way, can gay men and women be friends? What are you going to say? Can men be friends with women or gay men aren't real men?

I'm sorry I'm not qualified to talk about homosexual relationships. I have no experience with that. So if you want to talk about heterosexual relationships with which I do have experience that's ok.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 11:49:14 AM »
^ Oh right... To be able to talk about racism, you'd have to be black.

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 01:54:16 AM »
^ Oh right... To be able to talk about racism, you'd have to be black.

No but I do not assume that I know anything about homosexual relationships.
Gays being mentioned in a discussion about a heterosexual situation is just a strawman argument anyway.
The thread did not start out as being about gays so why add it to the mix.
Any answer I give will be useless since I'm 1) not Gay and 2) am not in a gay relationship

To talk about racism it helps to have actual facts and not just be Politically Correct.
The ever shrill minority screaming loudly so they don't have to deal with actual facts.

Live in a few other countries and then come back and tell me about racism.
I was around before PC got it's tentacles wrapped around everyone and everything.
Now we have problems with racism that did not exist before and hypersensitivity to
issues that were non-issues before.

I've had people be racist towards me but since I'm not in the "victim" category it's meaningless.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »
You really think being in a relationship with a man is that different than it is with a woman?

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 07:12:12 PM »
You really think being in a relationship with a man is that different than it is with a woman?

Why would you think it would be the same?
Men and Women are fundamentally different in so many ways. It's not just the sexy bits that differentiate them.

How much personal experience do you have with homosexual relationships since you keep bringing it up?
If I don't know about a subject, I can learn about it but I would not consider myself qualified to give advice
on subjects that I know little to nothing about.

I have been into the more modern Anime for 22-23 years at least and if you count stuff like Speed Racer as Anime,
I think I know enough about Anime to talk about it intelligently.

I certainly have a lot of life experience with dating and relationships and I'm the guy my friends call when they
have trouble with their relationships.

The internet is populated by a lot of people with opinions that are based solely on what they think.
It's ok to have an opinon but if you pass yourself off as knowing what you are talking about. Then you
ought to have more to back it up than just saying "Well I like it" or using some politically correct BS you heard
at school, or from a friend or even worse gleaned from any of the mainstream media.

Leave the US and live outside it for a while and you'll learn all sorts of things about Americans and why so many
people dislike us. Things you won't hear at school or on the news.

Anyway this isn't related to dating or anime.

You don't have to agree with me and you can make up your own mind about gay dating practices.
If you think men and women can truely be friends then by all means don't listen to me, go out there and
prove me wrong.
You can always become gay and have a homosexual relationship and discover all about that for yourself
if that's your choice. Then you will really know if gay men can really be friends etc...

I try and give advice that's actually workable in the real world.
I talk about things I have a good understanding of.

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »
How did we get from otaku dating to discussion about homophobia and racism? Shouldn't they have their own discussion?
She/her

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 02:31:36 AM »
How did we get from otaku dating to discussion about homophobia and racism? Shouldn't they have their own discussion?

Yes, you are right they should be in a seperate topic. The moderator brought up the subject if you go back and see where it was brought in.
lots of Otaku out there but they don't always wear a T-shirt that says they are otaku.  ;)

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 07:25:51 AM »

Example:

Ok?

Nice description! xD
I haven't had that feeling in ages x.x
I used to have that kind of thing. During high school there were 2 different girls I was in love with.
Neither of 'em ended up liking me though >.<
I'm not exactly sure why, but I haven't really fallen in love with anybody since then.
I'm leaving for Japan soon though and I'm hoping to be able to find an awesome otaku japanese girl xD
Not that race matters at all, but I like speaking Japanese and not so much English which could have something to do with it. xP

Oh, and most of my friends are female btw and I consider them to be real friendships...
"There are many worlds, but they share the same sky -- One sky, one destiny."

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 10:35:51 AM »
I appologize for making the "offtopic" but I couldn't let the discussion go. REDACTED you have a PM.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 01:45:04 AM »

I'm kinda waiting for you to create those topics... LoL
Master Topic Creator

As for the offtopic, well it happens a lot in here so we kinda get used to it. It's not like we do it on purpose... its a chain reaction... and if the PM cata send to REDACTED is about what I think it is... I'm sure by now he understands cata point of view.

So lets all hold hands and be gay about it...  :???  I mean the old gay... It was originally used to refer to feelings of being "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy".  ;D

Sorry for the off topic but Wikipedia is Homophobic...
Top 5 Gay places in the world:
 Gay, Armenia
 Gay, Russia
 Gay, Georgia, United States
 Gay, Michigan, United States
 Gay, West Virginia, United States
 ;D

It's so funny taking things out of context.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 01:03:08 PM »
He didn't. Ah who cares. I'm happy with myself, I'm happy with my girl friend and I'm happy with my boy friends.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »
I think the topic changed when Redacted started talking about how guys and girls can't be friends due to guys thinking about sex  -_-'''

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »
Altough I must agree that it's neat to tackle subjects like love, homosexualism and racism, I am afraid this topic has gone out of control and might end up becoming into a heated debate that would leave some scars in our souls so I am going to lock this topic for good

Now, as a final advise for Urusei0Yatsura, life is full of many surprises and love is one of the most beautiful rewards that life might give you; Don't be dependant of those dating sites, use them as mere tools but don't let them control your relations; Love hurts and may give you uneasiness but in the end you will find a special person with whom you'll share your feelings; Regardless of what many Doramas say, Male-Female Friendship is also an expression of love; Never give up

And now this topic be closed