Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:21:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Author Topic: Lamù has changed your life ?  (Read 12613 times)

Offline GiovaneDinamitardo

• Psychotic Fan
Lamù has changed your life ?
« on: August 19, 2011, 09:00:21 AM »
Do you think that, in any way, Lamù has changed your life ?

About myself I can say YES.

I explain: from the first time I saw it I was struck by the fact that she was wearing only bikini and BOOTS.

Well, since then all the women who wear short skirts and BOOTS make me crazy !!

Only here I can admit this thing: They remember to me LAMU '!

... ehm ... do you think that it's better for me to go to talk with a psychiatrist (BUT WITH A GOOD ONE !!) ?!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Re: Lamù has changed your life ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:47:24 PM »
Oh uncle Gio, you're fine! x'D

Yeah, UY changed my life. If it wasn't for UY, I wouldn't be a Otaku. Guess what? I don't regret it one bit. :D

Offline AtaruLum

• Huge Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 12:23:16 AM »
Oh, yes Urusei Yatsura changed my life. Before I saw Urusei Yatsura, I was a big Ranma 1/2 Fan, now a big Urusei Yatsura Fan :D and my first anime that watched generally in japanese.

I wouldn't say that I'm an Otaku, because i like only the works from Rumiko Takahashi (except Kyokai no Rinne).

Since i'm a UY fan, i like to play sometimes Ataru Moroboshi and ask woman about address, telephon number and a date XDDD.
(formerly known as AtaruLumFan or short ALF :D)
UY Voting in Germany:
Please vote for Urusei Yatsura in Germany weekly!

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 01:43:45 AM »
Ill say Urusei Yatsura changed my life by turning me into a semi Otaku n introducing me to another genre of anime besides mechs xP But i think City hunter influenced me more since i joined the Navy cause i wanted to be more like Ryo saeba :X

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »
AtaruLumFan, I would love to see you act like Ataru on the street x'D

Offline GiovaneDinamitardo

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 02:51:40 PM »
hi hi hi, you'd just to come in Italy (specially in summertime): you'll find TONS of clones of Ataru Moroboshi !!  :mrgreen:

About myself, I can say that <<once upon, a long ago>> (I'm talking about the years from 1987 to 1993) I used to act like Ataru (just missed to lift up the skirt of the girls: I had other "resources" to peep their panties  ;D).

.... [ehm] ...

Oh, well: I got socked too sometimes by some girls screaming "get out you damned maniac"  ::)

... but, sometimes... I also "hit the target"  ::) until 1993, when I set down with my (future) wife.

Will the "real" Ataru do the same ?  :)

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
I'd say UY changed my life because it helped me to see just how important it is to stay commited when you're with someone. And that trust is important too. I admire the way Lum stayed with Ataru after everything he's done. Any normal person would've already hit the road, but not Lum. So you could say she's became one of my role models. And it's the patience I've seen her show too.
Whenever I meet my guy, I'll remember about those things I learned from Lum. :D

Offline AtaruLum

• Huge Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »

yeah, now i need only Lum that zaps me, if I do that XDDD

I'd say UY changed my life because it helped me to see just how important it is to stay commited when you're with someone. And that trust is important too. I admire the way Lum stayed with Ataru after everything he's done. Any normal person would've already hit the road, but not Lum. So you could say she's became one of my role models. And it's the patience I've seen her show too.

Right, from Lum many people can learn about relationship and not left him, if Ataru is going to their "hobby". But Ataru is a really bad example of man, the only thing, that I can learn is: Don't be so shy :D
(formerly known as AtaruLumFan or short ALF :D)
UY Voting in Germany:
Please vote for Urusei Yatsura in Germany weekly!

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 03:51:55 AM »
Lum and UruseiYatsura came along at a point in my life when so many other dreams had shown to be nightmares. An attempt at going auto racing proved to be a disappointment in many ways. I had also given up Music some 12 years earlier: had my fill of the drunks, both in-front-of and on the stage. I was running out of dreams, running out of safe havens to hide when the horrors of daily living grew too great.

It was just on a whim: with no where else to turn, I remembered a strange and charming animated movie I'd seen 10 years before ... "what was the name of that movie... Uru ... Uru .. sei ...." and a short web search later, I'd found websites dedicated to UrurseiYatsura, and subsequently discovered the animated series and the MUSIC (The music! Wonderful slightly-screwy HAPPY Japanese-Pop music!) .... My life-long interest in Animation was rekindled, and my life-long interest in Music was reborn.

Here I am now: a new 5-string bass guitar and a fairly-new electric guitar in the Living Room, a copy of Audacity on my computer (freeware multi-track recording software) and planning for a Good Keyboard (hopefully soon!). Busy watching the VocaloidRankings each week, a Vocaloid fan, and honestly excited about music again. Trying to learn to play Touhou (NEVER played ANY computer game before, so you can imagine how much I stink at it!) and enjoying the fan-made manga and animations and MUSIC that surround it. Buying manga and anime and CDs and figurines FROM JAPAN (the shipping costs will neuter you) and grinning merrily whenever something comes in.

I'm ... HAPPY.

I have UruseiYatsura ... and Lum ... to thank for that.

Lum is My Queen. And, My Personal Savior.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:53:56 AM by veehive »
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »
Don't be Lum, okay? Lum should have left Ataru on his own for like 3 months. Seriously, you want a rapist boyfriend (remember Oyuki?), someone who refuses to kiss you but tries desperately to kiss every decent looking female in the world, someone who has the worst luck in the world? Well, forget the last one because it was a joke. xD

But then again, Lum did get some proof of Ataru's hidden love for her, so in a way she shouldn't leave him. Forever.

If you think you must stay in a relationship until the other person breaks up, that's nonsense. Don't be a slave to no one.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 01:42:17 AM »
Lum changed my life... in the way that I never date girls that work for the Electric Company... I seriously don't know why I'm afraid of them... ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 01:52:29 AM »
Lum should have left Ataru on his own for like 3 months. Seriously, you want a rapist boyfriend (remember Oyuki?), someone who refuses to kiss you but tries desperately to kiss every decent looking female in the world ...?

You always want most that which you cannot have. In Lum's case, that would be Ataru; in Ataru's case, that would be His Freedom and Being Desirable To Women.

If you think you must stay in a relationship until the other person breaks up, that's nonsense. Don't be a slave to no one.

I agree completely.

Lum changed my life... in the way that I never date girls that work for the Electric Company... I seriously don't know why I'm afraid of them... ;D

Wow. I'd hate to see an anime that made you afraid to date Gas Company employees ...!  :o :o :o ::) ;D
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 11:09:23 PM »

yeah, now i need only Lum that zaps me, if I do that XDDD

Right, from Lum many people can learn about relationship and not left him, if Ataru is going to their "hobby". But Ataru is a really bad example of man, the only thing, that I can learn is: Don't be so shy :D

Yeah, the shy part is important. I'm a girl, and that's something I need to work on.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
Guys are shy, too. x'D

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »
Yeah, I know, I'm just speaking for me. Like I'm so shy that people sometimes don't notice I'm in a room.